Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do you use SIRI?

2»

Comments

• @CapnWillie said:

@jolico said:

@CapnWillie said:
    I use it extensively. I began training Siri to my voice when she launched. Once Apple purchased Shortcuts, Siri became Primetime and is now my most essential app by a very large margin.

From dictating everything from presentation copy, business plans, code, scheduling, controlling my lights, ac, alarms, vivarium climate etc to web queries, weather, texting, placing calls launching Mac/iOS apps and reminders. The list goes on. Killer app.

Ask Siri to spell Lamborghini.

Why would I do that? I know how to spell Lamborghini and so does Siri. I know because Siri wrote this reply.lol

So, the correct way to get the spelling of Lamborghini or anything from Siri is to tell her to write it. 💡

“Hey Siri, how do you spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?“
    No problem, spells it.

“Hey Siri, how do you spell Lamborghini?”

• @CapnWillie said:

@jolico said:

@CapnWillie said:

@jolico said:

@CapnWillie said:
    I use it extensively. I began training Siri to my voice when she launched. Once Apple purchased Shortcuts, Siri became Primetime and is now my most essential app by a very large margin.

From dictating everything from presentation copy, business plans, code, scheduling, controlling my lights, ac, alarms, vivarium climate etc to web queries, weather, texting, placing calls launching Mac/iOS apps and reminders. The list goes on. Killer app.

Ask Siri to spell Lamborghini.

Why would I do that? I know how to spell Lamborghini and so does Siri. I know because Siri wrote this reply.lol

So, the correct way to get the spelling of Lamborghini or anything from Siri is to tell her to write it. 💡

“Hey Siri, how do you spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?“
    No problem, spells it.

“Hey Siri, how do you spell Lamborghini?”

Or, simply say “Hey Siri, make a note to spell Lamborghini correctly.

I just find it strange that Siri refuses to spell this specific word when asked in a normal manner.

Thanks for the workaround, but I would actually like to know if and why Siri was intentionally programmed to not spell this word.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@NeuM said:

@Sawiton said:
    I have used it to turn Bluetooth off off and then WiFi off off when I left the house. I don’t usually take my phone with me much anymore. No, I have no use for Siri. Now if Siri was a decent drummer...

“Siri, bring me a little Steve Gadd style to this track…”

Well there is an app for that

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/drum-loops-by-steve-gadd/id1321460645

These kinds of sample-based apps won’t be around much longer when machine learning algorithms can be trained to sound exactly like a particular musician based on a sufficient body of their work. We’ll soon be using “artificial band members” capable of emulating any style and playing along in real time with other musicians.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited June 2021

@jolico said:
    I just find it strange that Siri refuses to spell this specific word when asked in a normal manner.

Spells it for me. What country are you in? Maybe it has to do with language settings. Or maybe your pronunciation of the word is different than what Siri expects. Could be Siri smugly hinting that you're saying it wrong. ;)

Thanks for the workaround, but I would actually like to know if and why Siri was intentionally programmed to not spell this word.

Since it spells it for me and it also gets it right when I dictate it, I'm guessing that it is more about the AI being over-helpful and assuming you must really be asking how to pronounce it. I doubt very much there's a line of code in there somewhere that excludes this particular word from spelling results.

• @wim said:

@jolico said:

Spells it for me. What country are you in? Maybe it has to do with language settings. Or maybe your pronunciation of the word is different than what Siri expects. Could be Siri smugly hinting that you're saying it wrong. ;)

Since it spells it for me and it also gets it right when I dictate it, I'm guessing that it is more about the AI being over-helpful and assuming you must really be asking how to pronounce it. I doubt very much there's a line of code in there somewhere that excludes this particular word from spelling results.

You’re probably right. It must be a regional bug/feature.

• Invaluable for settling kitchen table family disputes as regards opinions masquerading as facts etc.

• I use it to operate my lights. Though I do feel a bit weird yelling at my lighting system :-)

• The new watch update to watchOS 8 will allow Siri to make more than one timer at a time on the watch. So, I’ll use that for sure. I don’t know the details but I think Siri is needed.

I use Siri for maps. He reads it out loud so I don’t have to risk getting into an accident staring at my phone.

I generally don’t talk to my phone though.

• Kept popping up in the car when Syria was in the news...