Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi knobs to add tactility to soft synths

13»

Comments

• They have those physical knobs that attach to an iPad screen and work as it it was a real knob on that synth. Might be a kickstarter or something but it was shared in this form a while back, so you might be able to find it with a search… I think they were pricey though.

• edited June 2021

I'm buying this for Gadget/Reason and Ableton: $105.00 NIB

• @ejacul337 said:
    I'm buying this for Gadget/Reason and Ableton: $105.00 NIB

Lmk how the knobs feel, and if they glide smoothly or jump values around. Also if it's a pain in the ass having the knobs reset locations when you touch them every time you change a gadget etc.

At this point I'm even wondering if a controller even is the way to go at all, or just drag my finger across the screen: fast, reliable, no need to map anything, and save my money for a cobalt 8 or something

• I like that for $105. I’m guessing it’s wired only?

• @israelite said:

@Foleslaw said:
    A used Akai MIdimix could do the job as well. Get one and exchange the knobs for some of your preference (that's what I;m doing, still waiting for the knobs to come though) as the stock ones are really lame. Just be sure to buy D-shaft knobs and you should be good to go.
    All in all this controller+knobs would be a pretty cheap investment. Mind that the LEDs on the controller don't light up when using with iOS.
    I sure like the other options mentioned here though they are at a higher price point.

+1 but the knobs on Midimix are simply not very ergonomic and the spacing between them rather small. Are there any good alternative knobs you can recommend @Foleslaw ?

I finally recieved those knob replacements this week and they are working (and fitting) really well.
    I bought these:

https://bit.ly/2T8XnkZ

Got myself 30 knobs (3 packs) and that's a good thing because some of them turned out to fit the Midimix a bit loosely so I had some spare to place instead. Still for the price I wouldn't nitpick on this little inconvenience.
    Bear in mind it is a bit easier to maybe accidentally move neighbouring knobs while playing around as you do tend to touch them a little more often. Doesn't bother me as I don't neccessarily make any drastic turning and mingling :)
    In short - I would surely recommend them