Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo and Wavetable synthesis editing

Hi,

I just bought the wavetable expansion from Drambo. Its a nice add-on.
Now i want to make my own wavetables, and don't have Serum.

Questions:

Does the length of 1 wave holds 1024 samples?
Does the position knob scan through 256 waves?
If you have 16 waves, does it scan through all 16, and is it noticeable in the transition from 1 wave to the next?
Is there a good (free) editor available?

I wonder if i could transition, for example, a snaredrum sound to a wavetable, or at least the character of the sound.
I also have a lot of single waveforms. It would be cool to have a tool that could transform 1 waveform to another, and calculate the in-between steps.

I think i found an editor. Its called Synthesis Technology WaveEdit, and it has 2 versions:
One to create 64 waveforms with a length of 256, and another with 16 waveforms with 1024 length.

Comments

• edited May 2021
    • WT frame lengh is 2048 like in XFer Serum or Groove Rider. If you're using 1024 size frames, you can either resample each to 2048 (make sure the wave boundaries have no added DC offset!) or just append two 1024 size cycles.
    • The position knob scales to the length of the wavetable, whatever it is
    • Percussive sounds don't loop well so you won't be able to replicate them in a wavetable but you can always try to load the sample as-is which is supported in the WT OSC
    • No need to calculate in-between steps, the WT OSC will do it for you if you enable "X-Fade".
    • You can append all your single cycle waveforms in a wave editor, no need for a dedicated WT editor (although it can be more comfortable of course).
  • Could be nice if Drambo on *.wav import would give the option to set the 'frame-size'.

Out of old tracker habit I paint the waves in 16,32,64,128,256 'samples' and with a simple multiplication factor (128,64,32,16,8) those old 'waves' could be easily imported by simply repeating the samples :)

If I don't remember wrong Animoog uses 1024 samples per frame with 16 frames per file.

• @rs2000 and @Samu Thanks for the feedback.
    It seems to be more complicated than i thought. I digged the internet for some resources and editors, but none came to what i looked for. But.....
    I found a source with about 1700 waveforms for Serum (300+ Mb). That will keep me busy for a while :smile:

https://reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/2jhew1/1700_waveforms_for_serums_wavetable_download_link/

• @Identor Try loading any sample! You can't destroy anything ;)

• Here's one tool to create 'frames' same them as *.wav and merge them in something like Audacity before importing to Drambo or any other WaveTable synth that accepts *.wav files.
    http://scw.sheetsofsound.com

• Echo Sound Works have some of the best wavetables, both free and commercial.