Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FREE 150+ Presets for AddStation (4 Videos)

2»

Comments

• @shazbot said:
    These are great! Thank you very much🙏🏽

You are so welcome. Did you notice Spidericemidas also released a pack the other day? If not, just do a search and you'll find them. :)

• Yeah, I basically was sold after hearing this and man this synth is a trip. I don't get the whole looping thing but O man I love it haha! Pxhg is champion of the wwf here. Hails and happy new year!

• Just got AddStation. Simply to try your presets. Thx and a very happy new year to you!

• @oceansinspace said:
    Yeah, I basically was sold after hearing this and man this synth is a trip. I don't get the whole looping thing but O man I love it haha! Pxhg is champion of the wwf here. Hails and happy new year!

@LinearLineman said:
    Just got AddStation. Simply to try your presets. Thx and a very happy new year to you!

Thank you very much. Makes me glad and I wish you a happy new year as well :)

• The link in the introduction does not work anymore, here's a dropbox version to replace it: Pxlhg III

• @VirSyn said:

@Pxlhg said:
    Hello,
    A new preset pack with over 150 presets from piano to crazy. This is my third release and if you don't know: in the preset/user section in AddStation the first two packs I did are available (Pxlhg II, Pxlhg II) shipped by default. This one is called .. Pxlhg III (surprise) :P . Now this one is a bit long so theirs also a shorter one below. On YouTube there are chapters for this one so you can jump but to be honest they are quite mixed up so you might miss some by doing so. Sorry.
    I have also divided the preset pack in categories (From Ambient to Xperimental). That was harder than I thought so you might protest (silently) over some, I'm sure. There are videos on how to install and one on how to use the templates included. With the latest FRMS release and the earlier AddStation packs I'm getting close to 300 shared preset. :D
    I really hope you'll enjoy these.

A long video demonstrating the presets, also with some examples from AUM.

Donate via PayPal

A shorter version and maybe (for being me) some more down to earth examples:

This is a video on how to install:

This video is showing how to use the templates (added and built-in):

Don't want to nag but, again, Donate via PayPal
    It's still voluntarily to donate :D

Hope you get som use for the presets.
    Best,
    Ulf

DOWNLOAD

Remember: do NOT unzip after you placed it in the import folder, just share the zip to AddStation.

Great presets! Really nice work.

Regarding the import: It's not needed to copy the file after download. You can share it directly from the downloads folder.

The easiest way to import:

Tap on the download link above from your iPad/iPhone and start download.
    Long tap on AddStation App icon and tap on the zip file you see as the first file.

Second easiest way:

Tap on the download link above from your iPad/iPhone and start download.
    Open the Files App, got to the download folder.
    Long tap on the zip file and select "share".
    Select AddStation in the list of Apps. If it's not there open tha list of all Apps with "more..." and select the App here.

Harry

👆 This just worked for me for those playing along at home.

• Just got these @Pxlhg 😎

• @Fear2Stop said:
    Just got these @Pxlhg 😎

Hope they come to use, they're pretty heavy on cpu (most of them) so pre recording (freeze) might be a solution, if so.

• I’ve tried every method to import the presets but have had zero success. I downloaded the zip off of the Dropbox link and tried all of the methods mentioned in the thread! by @VirSyn.

Long pressing the app icon and selecting the presets zip does nothing. When I try to share it from the Files app (tried from the downloads & the AddStation folder) theres no AddStation selection and no “More…” option to select it from a list of apps.

I do see the Pxlhg I & II folders in the presets but I figured they were included with the app. Any help to open the presets will be appreciated.

• @JRSIV said:
    I’ve tried every method to import the presets but have had zero success. I downloaded the zip off of the Dropbox link and tried all of the methods mentioned in the thread! by @VirSyn.

Long pressing the app icon and selecting the presets zip does nothing. When I try to share it from the Files app (tried from the downloads & the AddStation folder) theres no AddStation selection and no “More…” option to select it from a list of apps.

I do see the Pxlhg I & II folders in the presets but I figured they were included with the app. Any help to open the presets will be appreciated.

Really sure it's the zip file and not the already unzipped folder ?
    Have you tried reinstalling AddStation and restarting iPad ?
    Tried here again to be sure and all methods worked.

• @VirSyn said:

@JRSIV said:
    I’ve tried every method to import the presets but have had zero success. I downloaded the zip off of the Dropbox link and tried all of the methods mentioned in the thread! by @VirSyn.

*All my attempts to import the Pxlhg III presets are with the zip file, I never unzipped it.

*My iPad Air 5 is up to date with iPadOS 17.1.1, I restarted the iPad and tried reinstalling AddStation.

*When I attempt the long press on icon method the zip shows up but when I press it nothing happens.

*I’ve tried using the share method and whether the zip is in the downloads, On My iPad or AddStation folders the option to share to AddStation isn’t listed. Pressing More.. from the share dialog box popup just brings up a list of app choices and AddStatIon is not one of them. I don’t see any way to manually add it to the list either.

The zip file I am using is from the Dropbox link, if that matters…remember the original link is not working.

I’ve never had an issue importing presets to apps before, so this is quite puzzling. Any help is appreciated.

• edited November 2023

@JRSIV said:

@VirSyn said:

@JRSIV said:

*All my attempts to import the Pxlhg III presets are with the zip file, I never unzipped it.

*My iPad Air 5 is up to date with iPadOS 17.1.1, I restarted the iPad and tried reinstalling AddStation.

*When I attempt the long press on icon method the zip shows up but when I press it nothing happens.

*I’ve tried using the share method and whether the zip is in the downloads, On My iPad or AddStation folders the option to share to AddStation isn’t listed. Pressing More.. from the share dialog box popup just brings up a list of app choices and AddStatIon is not one of them. I don’t see any way to manually add it to the list either.

The zip file I am using is from the Dropbox link, if that matters…remember the original link is not working.

I’ve never had an issue importing presets to apps before, so this is quite puzzling. Any help is appreciated.

The file is the same I just had to change the link.
    You should be able to do it manually: go to the Addstation folder on: 'On My iPad' and there you should see two folders. One named Export and one named Import. Place 'Pxlhg III' in: import/instruments/User/(Pxlhg III).

• edited November 2023

@Pxlhg said:

@JRSIV said:

@VirSyn said:

@JRSIV said:

You should be able to do it manually: go to the Addstation folder on: 'On My iPad' and there you should see two folders. One named Export and one named Import. Place 'Pxlhg III' in: import/instruments/User/(Pxlhg III).

As per instructions earlier in the thread I did an export in AddStation that created an AddStation folder inside the On My IPad and when I open it there’s just an export folder. I created a folder named import and there isn’t a string shown like import/instruments/User/. Placing the zip file in the import folder didn’t work.

I don’t know…hey just so I know if the presets ARE imported they show up in the instruments in the user folder right?

• edited November 2023

@JRSIV said:

@Pxlhg said:

@JRSIV said:

@VirSyn said:

@JRSIV said:

As per instructions earlier in the thread I did an export in AddStation that created an AddStation folder inside the On My IPad and when I open it there’s just an export folder. I created a folder named import and there isn’t a string shown like import/instruments/User/. Placing the zip file in the import folder didn’t work.

I don’t know…hey just so I know if the presets ARE imported they show up in the instruments in the user folder right?

Well I don't know either, I do presets :D BUT it needs of course to be unzipped if you put it in as: import/instruments/User/(Pxlhg III).

Edit: try create the folder if it's note there e.g instruments and/or user and try to get the string correct. Not sure if it's work anyway but..

Yes, it should show under User together with the ones it ships with.

• @JRSIV said:

@Pxlhg said:

@JRSIV said:

@VirSyn said:

@JRSIV said:

They show up in the previous page for me.
    The one labeled INSTRUMENTS.
    Pxlhg III was found between “Pad sounds” and “User”

• @VirSyn I had the same problem with Tera Pro and informed you about it months ago, and I believe others got in touch too. I also spent / wasted a lot of time trying to solve this and couldn't. This is clearly a problem with the Apple Share Sheet, and the only reliable way to fix it is to add a batch import button directly into Virsyn apps.

All iOS apps should have some kind of inbuilt buttons for import and export while these problems with the Apple Share Sheet remain unresolved. Apple needs to add a way for people to share to any app of their choosing, but who knows if or when that will happen, so we shouldn't wait for that.

• @Gavinski said:
    @VirSyn I had the same problem with Tera Pro and informed you about it months ago, and I believe others got in touch too. I also spent / wasted a lot of time trying to solve this and couldn't. This is clearly a problem with the Apple Share Sheet, and the only reliable way to fix it is to add a batch import button directly into Virsyn apps.

All iOS apps should have some kind of inbuilt buttons for import and export while these problems with the Apple Share Sheet remain unresolved. Apple needs to add a way for people to share to any app of their choosing, but who knows if or when that will happen, so we shouldn't wait for that.

Exactly. The way the OS arbitrarily shows a list of apps when trying to share something but doesn’t allow the user to choose exactly which app they want the file to go to.

I know this isn’t a huge deal, I have tons of synths, samples, sounds, etc. I just really dig the Virsyn stuff and, especially with the crowd around here, who can pass up free presets?

Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate the effort.

• @JRSIV in the next version of AddStation I'll add an import button...

• @VirSyn said:
    @JRSIV in the next version of AddStation I'll add an import button...

Great, thank you! Please add it to all your synths etc Harry - makes it a lot less stressful also for ppl like DMT Cymatics selling preset packs when they know the user will be able to actually import the stuff they bought as expected and won't instead come looking for a refund. Again, Apple should really sort this out, but at this point, looks unlikely that they ever will, so cheers to apps adding their own import buttons🔥

• The share method worked for me without a hitch and the Pixlhg III folder was immediately found in ‘instruments’, not ‘user’, same as for JeffChasteen. Addstation wasn’t open when I shared. I was just thinking how easy it was and then came back to this thread. Lol. Nice patches Pixlhg. Love Addstation. I always wanted a K5000 and Addstation is better in a number of ways.

• edited November 2023

@JRSIV said:

@Gavinski said:
    @VirSyn I had the same problem with Tera Pro and informed you about it months ago, and I believe others got in touch too. I also spent / wasted a lot of time trying to solve this and couldn't. This is clearly a problem with the Apple Share Sheet, and the only reliable way to fix it is to add a batch import button directly into Virsyn apps.

Exactly. The way the OS arbitrarily shows a list of apps when trying to share something but doesn’t allow the user to choose exactly which app they want the file to go to.

I know this isn’t a huge deal, I have tons of synths, samples, sounds, etc. I just really dig the Virsyn stuff and, especially with the crowd around here, who can pass up free presets?

Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate the effort.

With this hint from the audiobus forum I was able to import the bank at that time:

this is how you import them if it doesn't show up on the share sheet:

• copy the zip file to the "on my ipad" Addstation folder
    • Drag the zip file (when inside the Addstation folder) to the bottom right of the screen in the Files app
    • It will then show the Addstation icon, let go and it will import the presets.

I hope that it works for you too

• @scrape said:
    The share method worked for me without a hitch and the Pixlhg III folder was immediately found in ‘instruments’, not ‘user’, same as for JeffChasteen. Addstation wasn’t open when I shared. I was just thinking how easy it was and then came back to this thread. Lol. Nice patches Pixlhg. Love Addstation. I always wanted a K5000 and Addstation is better in a number of ways.

Thing is, it is easy if it works 😂 but for some people it doesn't. One of the causes, according to Wim, is if someone has a lot of apps. So it's likely that people with more apps are more likely to run into this problem.

• @ZankFrappa said:
    Drag the zip file […] to the bottom right of the screen in the Files app

This method saved my day, when everything else had failed!

• In my experience import doesn’t work correctly unless what you’re trying to import is locally on the device not in iCloud. I often forget this and only remember after fumbling around a bit.

• @Gavinski said:

@scrape said:
    The share method worked for me without a hitch and the Pixlhg III folder was immediately found in ‘instruments’, not ‘user’, same as for JeffChasteen. Addstation wasn’t open when I shared. I was just thinking how easy it was and then came back to this thread. Lol. Nice patches Pixlhg. Love Addstation. I always wanted a K5000 and Addstation is better in a number of ways.

Thing is, it is easy if it works 😂 but for some people it doesn't. One of the causes, according to Wim, is if someone has a lot of apps. So it's likely that people with more apps are more likely to run into this problem.

Yup… I DEFINITELY can attest to that 😁

• @Gavinski said:

@scrape said:

Come on Apple, sort it out.

• @ZankFrappa said:

With this hint from the audiobus forum I was able to import the bank at that time:

this is how you import them if it doesn't show up on the share sheet:

• copy the zip file to the "on my ipad" Addstation folder
    • Drag the zip file (when inside the Addstation folder) to the bottom right of the screen in the Files app
    • It will then show the Addstation icon, let go and it will import the presets.

I hope that it works for you too

Thank you @ZankFrappa! It worked a charm.

@Virsyn I appreciate you taking the time to help. This forum has become the de facto ‘iOS music production’ forum and your regular participation just makes me like the Virsyn apps all the more. An import functionality inside the app would be good, certainly wouldn’t hurt. Thank you.