Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Australia only?

• @dubwavedub said:

Australia only?

Probably not. Oz and NZ typically get the sales first as the date/time there is ahead of Europe and the U.S. It's close to noon on May 6th there as I post this.

• edited May 2014

Wouldn't think so. They will show in the other stores soon I would imagine.

Edit: @telecharge beat me to it

• Thank you @thinds for the heads up on the sale.

• edited May 2014

cool I hope so. virtual ans and pixivisor are still on my list. love the zolotov apps.

just bought pixelwave and spectrumgen yesterday :)

• Cool. SunVox has endless potential - I've only scratched the surface of it.

Interested in Virtual ANS, but "Russian synthesizer from 1938 to 1958" leaves me with as many questions as answers. Anyone have it?

• Indeed I have. It's brilliant and unusual. Plenty of videos and tutorials on his YT channel

• @StormJH1 There is a free version you can try out on your desktop/laptop if you're interested. Download it here: http://warmplace.ru/soft/ans

• @telecharge said:

@StormJH1 There is a free version you can try out on your desktop/laptop if you're interested. Download it here: http://warmplace.ru/soft/ans

Oh of course. I did the same "free version on PC" tryout for SunVox and Caustic. Thanks, I will grab the desktop one quickly and check it out. Sale for 2.99 U.S. just appeared .

• try out Pixitracker too. it's probably my favorite. Sunvox can be overwhelming sometimes.

• I actually like working with SunVox on PC. It's easy enough to set the tempo, make a little part and export it as a .wav to DropBox to use back on iOS. Plus I can store thousands of .xi files (samples) on PC. The interface actually isn't that bad on PC, but trying to use it on an iPhone screen is an exercise in futility.

• I got the Virtual Ans on @thinds recommendation, I like it, it's a sonic playground.

• I love Virtual ANS, it's fun to import beats into it and then mix the results back onto the beats themselves.

• Perfect timing. I was messing w/Sunvox on my desktop the other day and telling myself I needed to buy the iOS version.

• I understand the usage in games ambient sound and movies. How can I use it on a music production? There is no specific note frequency. I cannot apply a chord on such sound.

• @Shay said:

I understand the usage in games ambient sound and movies. How can I use it on a music production? There is no specific note frequency. I cannot apply a chord on such sound.

I kind of had this question also. But there is a piano roll display on the y-axis with C1, C2, C3, etc., though a lot of the sounds I was making with it were more atmospheric than musical.

• @StormJH1 said:

@Shay said:

I understand the usage in games ambient sound and movies. How can I use it on a music production? There is no specific note frequency. I cannot apply a chord on such sound.

I kind of had this question also. But there is a piano roll display on the y-axis with C1, C2, C3, etc., though a lot of the sounds I was making with it were more atmospheric than musical.

The piano roll makes my confusion even stronger.
    While drawing, it is hard to stay on specific notes.
    So what is really the purpose of this piano-roll?

• edited May 2014

I think the piano roll is just there to represent the y-axis (pitch). you can use a midi keyboard to trigger the piano roll if you want. also there is the line tool, which makes it a lot easier to draw straight lines along a specific pitch.

• There is specific frequencies listed on Virtual ANS. When you tap any notes on the keyboard listed on the left hand side, it specifically lists the frequency in Hz.

• What would you guys compare the SunVox learning curve to in order to get basic competence with it? For example, I gave up on iVCS3. But I'm good with Looptical, Sunrizer, and Auria. Thx, Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• There is a bit of a learning curve. Solar Lune released a series of tutorials (18 or so) which are easy to find on YT and very good. I found it best to forget about the tracker function and concentrate on the synth part at first, which is pretty easy to grasp.

• @Shay said:

I've been in love with ANS for some time now, and you can get all sorts of results, from abstract to very musical. I think this video shows off pretty well how you can get musical results.

• Yeah, that video sold me. Added to my Wish Lust - er, List!

• On sale again...

• Just broke down and bought Virtual ANS. As a big Coil fan, I feel like I have an obligation to try it.

• Does Sunvox work with a typing keyboard?

• @Hex047 said:

Does Sunvox work with a typing keyboard?

It has a virtual qwerty keyboard.

• Great deal! I would recommend Virtual ANS to all sound freakers.