Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lao Tzu / Master of Harmony

edited May 2021 in Creations

Quote: The 4 Teachings of Taoism

SIMPLICITY, PATIENCE, COMPASSION

GOING WITH THE FLOW. “When nothing is done, nothing is left undone.” ...

LETTING GO. “If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. ...”

HARMONY.

Quote: The Taoist ideal is for a person to take action by changing themselves, and thus becoming an example of the good life to others. They should develop themselves so that they live their life in complete harmony with the universe. So the philosophy is not do good things; but become a good person.

I tried to accomplish the above in this track. Only two and then three tracks for simplicity, Going with the flow when I improvise. Letting go of the mental judgements while I am playing. Some interesting harmonies that do not jar the total feeling of peacefulness.

With a nod to the unChinese Shakuhachi in the reprise. Pure Piano, BASSalicious and Module Shakuhachi.

Comments

• "One never knows when the longer way will prove to be the shortest way home."

• edited May 2021

Ha! I was just joking, but I'm glad you took to this one. Is there a Sun Tzu follow up in the works? I'm hearing Holst's Mars Bringer of War in my head as I write this....

I like this one quite a bit.

• edited May 2021

@Lady_App_titude, I think Lao Trump said that in his 20s. Kim far too old to take the longest way anymore.

@Daveypoo. Thanks for the suggestion. Glad you liked this. Did you listen to my organ epic, Ave Aquila’s?
    Finally got that E. Power Biggs sound.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/44921/ave-aquinas-catholic-aristotle#latest

• This is great @LinearLineman - love the Dubussyan chord changes going on. This philosopher theme really suits you.

• I Kant keep up with your output!
    I think philosophers is your best topic yet, a bit simpler than some of the other work perhaps but I think that’s why I like that. This particular piece is very nice.

• Thanks, as always @pbelgium and @GeoTony. Maybe I’m just getting better at this stuff. That would be nice. 😉🙏

• McDMcD
    edited May 2021

“Not matter where you go... there you are.” Buckaroo Banzai

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6a/d9/e8/6ad9e8901e2003d24dff2f8458d3bcd3.jpg

May the Fourth be with you.

• Next time tackle the Gods... so many to choose from.

• Shakuhachi and consistent surprises musically... stellar design here embracing western harmonic patterns but conjuring the orient with the textures.

• edited May 2021

@McD said:
    Shakuhachi and consistent surprises musically... stellar design here embracing western harmonic patterns but conjuring the orient with the textures.

You could say that using Western harmonies for the shakuhachi really orients the piece.

My job here is done.

• @Daveypoo said:

@McD said:

Shakuhachi and consistent surprises musically... stellar design here embracing western harmonic patterns but conjuring the orient with the textures.

You could say that using Western harmonies for the shakuhachi really orients the piece.

@Daveypoo king of the one-liners. Tip your server.

My job here is done.

You were done along time ago and I was about 10 years before that. No flowers... send money to a starving artist... buy their NFT’s and Pat their Patreons.

• Love this one Michael, this philosopher series/cycle is really something!

• edited May 2021

Thank you for the praise @Krupa. I’ve enjoyed them, too. Maybe a part 2. There’s a lot of philosophers still out there.

• Nicely done, LL!

• edited May 2021

Thanks for listening @Frenq!

• I Really enjoyed this piece from the beginning to the end! @LinearLineman

• Thanks @Edward_Alexander. The Module Shakuhachi is excellent. Unusual that it is included in KayPro Orchestra.

• Nice one; thanks for bumping.