Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Off-Topic discussion about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

Comments

• edited June 2021

Taproot locked in for activation in Nobember. Really great news for Bitcoin, especially considering how smooth and fast was acceptance. Decentralization at it's
    finest.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/technical/taproot-locks-in

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

It will be very interesting to see how the smart contracts that Taproot introduces start to be used. There are so many potential uses.

It seems like the potential for people to trick others into sign-off schemes that they don't understand and end up ripping them off is huge though.

I'm going to be very interested to see who implements really good apps for setting up contracts and monitoring them. Whoever is early to that party with a strong solution is going to make some bank.

• @dendy said:

One thing is for sure - Bitcoin cannot be used by dictators for controlling people, it works actually in exact opposire way -

If you’re right (and I think your assumption that Bitcoin has any material relevance to these questions is wrong), then you’ll just be replacing the old dictators with the new ones. Just look at the list of largest Bitcoin holders. They will become the new wealth hoarders dominating the economy, except unlike the titans of industry that drove the creation of a trust busting banking system, the winkelvosses and novograds didn’t even create anything of value to get there. (And by the way that’s yet another reason why it won’t work … at the end of the day, the people want the food, shelter and clothing … and could care less if they have to buy in to one currency or another to get it. Bitcoin has zero market power … never had and STILL no evidence it ever will)

• edited June 2021

It will be very interesting to see how the smart contracts that Taproot introduces start to be used. There are so many potential uses.

In exact terms they were not introduced, they were aredy there from very beginning (every simple transaction is basically smart contract between two sides). It just makes them lot more optimised and secure (you will be not able to distingusig smart contract from normal simole transaction, younwill be not able to see all members of smart contract in blockchain)

Simplest already working exsmple of Bitcoin smart contract is basically Lighning network, which becomes lot more secure with taproot (lot harder to identify / trace sender and redipient)

Just look at the list of largest Bitcoin holders

1/ Holding 100k bitcoin gives no more control over bitcoin network and transactions than holding 0.001 bitcoin .. Very different to all PoS (proof of stake) coins where hodling more coins gives you literally bigger control over network.

2/ here is distribution of Bitcoin holders (or wallets, to be exact). It's pretty well decentralized also in terms of wallet sizes.

Bitcoin has zero market power

Lol, 33 billion dolars of daily transactions volume today (and we are now in mini "bearmarket" phase so volume is super low, way bellow average) . Zero market power. As you wish 😂😂

winkelvosses and novograds didn’t even create anything of value

winklevosses build one of biggest exchanges - Gemini and are investors in BlockFI - one of most respected lending and borrowing crypto platform - which helps lot of people being independent from banking system.

So yeah, they are actually adding a lot value to network by building infractucture for financial market and provinding services to participants of this market. They are running successfull business.

For sure their added value for mankind is much bigger than the value added by their old friend Zuckerberg, who, after he stole their idea, just build biggest shitposting and personal data selling platform lol

No idea about Novogrsd, don't watching him too much, as i remember he was well known for shilling all kinds of shitcoins in 2017/2018 .. No idea what he is doing today..

• this is amazing... didn't know that .. one village in El Salvador is using BTC for all payments since 2019 .. very cool..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tatianakoffman/2020/07/14/this-el-salvador-village-adopts-bitcoin-as-money/

• @dendy said:
    this is amazing... didn't know that .. one village in El Salvador is using BTC for all payments since 2019 .. very cool..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tatianakoffman/2020/07/14/this-el-salvador-village-adopts-bitcoin-as-money/

Some villages in the Solomon Islands use dolphin teeth as currency. The analogy goes further: they actively kill a lot of dolphins for their teeth, so they also produce their money in environmentally harmful ways. :)

Compared to that, the news that at least one banking group in Italy still accepts Parmeggiano Reggiano cheese as collateral today is decidedly meh.

• Holding 100k bitcoin gives no more control over bitcoin network and transactions than holding 0.001 bitcoin ..

I’m not referring to the network. That’s just the video game itself. I’m referring to plain old commercial enterprises being able to raise funding to compete in an economy. If someone is hoarding the wealth, that dries up funding to the detriment of the real economy and governments step in, creatively if necessary, to bust it up. That list you sent is still plenty top heavy from that perspective. Still looks pretty Meet the new boss, same as the old boss to me … again just populated with much less impressive people from an actual real economy (outside the video game) perspective.

Lol, 33 billion dolars of daily transactions volume today (and we are now in mini "bearmarket" phase so volume is super low, way bellow average) . Zero market power. As you wish 😂😂

The market power I’m referring to is individuals becoming desperate for a currency in order to obtain real live bear necessities. There’s no evidence that people will ever starve because they can’t obtain Bitcoin like they can if they can’t obtain Dollars. This has nothing to do with the number of people playing the gambling video game with each other today. Doesn’t mean Bitcoin can’t end up in in a virtual landfill like all those plastic Guitar Hero guitars.

• edited June 2021

@PZoo said:

Holding 100k bitcoin gives no more control over bitcoin network and transactions than holding 0.001 bitcoin ..

** Doesn’t mean Bitcoin can’t end up in in a virtual landfill like all those plastic Guitar Hero guitars.**

>

Gold-standard-level metaphor. Stealing this for sure.

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

Just gonna leave this one here. I don't know yet what to make of it...

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/12/fed-remake-us-dollar-493548

Fed explores ‘once in a century’ bid to remake the U.S. dollar
    The rise of private cryptocurrencies motivated the Fed to start considering a digital dollar to be used alongside the traditional paper currency.

• @wim said:

The rise of private cryptocurrencies motivated the Fed to start considering a digital dollar to be used alongside the traditional paper currency.

Huh.

I'm not sure that they stand to gain much? It could go very badly. I have no idea what to make of it either.

I wonder how much of this is a newsy reaction to regular day to day fed stuff. They must have discussions about a lot of alarming things that never happen, one would think.

• I'm going to go out on a limb and say that by the end of the month, Bitcoin and its entourage will be headed back up again. I've been looking at the charts.

The triple moving average is the indicator king as far as I'm concerned. Here, the red line is the slow one (it has the strongest momentum), the green line is somewhere in the middle and the grey line is relatively agile (reacting to the day to day stuff).

This is with the scale set to one day, showing the whole of the current run:

And here's the same thing, zoomed-in, to hopefully show why I think we'll be turning around over the next week or two.

Anything can happen of course (it may be a little inflection point before yet further descent) but I'm hopeful. Red's still driving upwards and the grey and green both seem to be easing up and flattening out. I think we might be headed into turnaround territory.

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

I'm not so sure @colonel_mustard - If you look at the RSI it's at the top of an oversold swing at any range except for just today. On the other hand, the weekend trading seems to often set the stage for the week. We'll see but I think it's gonna continue essentially flat for a while more now.

• wimwim
    edited June 2021

@colonel_mustard said:

@wim said:

Huh.

I'm not sure that they stand to gain much? It could go very badly. I have no idea what to make of it either.

No problem. According to @richardyot they can just tweak their way out of it just like they can fix inflation, too much borrowing, deficits, or any other currency problem. ;)

...(just messing with you @richardyot don't take me too seriously)

I wonder how much of this is a newsy reaction to regular day to day fed stuff. They must have discussions about a lot of alarming things that never happen, one would think.

Definitely. Nothing will happen in any timeframe that matters right now. It was just kinda interesting to see them starting to sweat a little bit that they might need to get with the times.

• edited June 2021

@wim said:

very bullish for bitcoin :+1:

they can just tweak their way out of it just like they can fix inflation, too much borrowing, deficits, or any other currency problem.

They will get also another nice democratic set of tools for driving economy in times of crisis like corona, preventing people from saving and pushing them to spend more to restart economy - for example, it will be lot easier to add/increase negative interests on people's accounts, one time "taxation" events, or even money expiration time. People should not save, that is bad ! People should spend, and consume, it was written by Keynes , people spending shitloads of money for crap they don't really need is mandatory for keeping this circus running !!! 😂🤣

• edited June 2021

Elon did another perfectly timed post :-) Starting to be really suspicious he uses some very good TA experts tomget perfect time for tweet to amolify existing price momentum.

Yesterday Bitcoin started to look quite strong when approaching to imporrant resistance (purple line)

red arrow is exact moment of Elon's post

when we look at it on minute chart, significant movement started started again (as usually) before tweet, tweet just helped price to jump above resistance after 2 retestings ..

This was absolutely epic timing - after price retested that purple line twice, creating lower high, i'm pretty sure next movement would be again down. Elon's tweet added momentum needed for breaking this resistance.

Unfortunately, i was out of internet connection in that moment, so missed opportunity to trade it :-(

Btw. Saylor (Microstrategy) is starting today with purchasing another $500M worth Bitcoin ! This may drive price up even more but i'm expecting latest at 46-48k some people will sell (many short term speculators are regretting they didn't sell higher before price dropped down to 30-33k area - those will have weak hands now in my opinion)

• @wim said:

Until we know more about the actual details involved there's simply no point in speculating. It could be good or bad, depending on the implementation. My guess is that they will look into it and decide it's not worth using the blockchain, because there would be no tangible benefits.

• @wim said:
    I'm not so sure @colonel_mustard - If you look at the RSI it's at the top of an oversold swing at any range except for just today. On the other hand, the weekend trading seems to often set the stage for the week. We'll see but I think it's gonna continue essentially flat for a while more now.

You make a fair point. For some reason, I put flatness out of my mind when I'm looking at those charts, but I couldn't tell you why that is. I suppose because there's nothing doing, when it's flat.

The RSI flip is actually what nudged me to post ("Are they levelling off? Look, the RSI's flipped!") but I might be jumping the gun. Wishful thinking may have a role. I'm trying to keep a broad view but starting to feel impatient.

• @dendy said:
    this is amazing... didn't know that .. one village in El Salvador is using BTC for all payments since 2019 .. very cool..

That's the community @wim mentioned earlier in the thread. It's worth noting that the whole thing is funded by a crypto whale and he gives everyone in the community a monthly donation in BTC, so it's essentially a privately funded crypto UBI experiment.

• edited June 2021

@richardyot said:

@dendy said:

That's the community @wim mentioned earlier in the thread. It's worth noting that the whole thing is funded by a crypto whale and he gives everyone in the community a monthly donation in BTC, so it's essentially a privately funded crypto UBI experiment.

Ah. That, I mean the UBI aspect, actually makes it interesting.

• Bitcoin suddenly pushing towards 41k, I wonder if this will finally start the big upwards pump again

• And bitcoin miners don't kill dolphins, either!

• Tanzania Considers Crypto—And Boosts Bitcoin—As Nations Line Up Behind El Salvador To Embrace Decentralized Finance
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/06/14/tanzania-considers-crypto-and-boosts-bitcoin-as-nations-line-up-behind-el-salvador-to-embrace-decentralized-finance/

• @richardyot said:

@dendy said:

So basically it's very good experiment which proves when people get payed in Bitcon, whole ecosystem can work pretty stable for years. Cool.

• edited June 2021

@Carnbot said:
    Tanzania Considers Crypto—And Boosts Bitcoin—As Nations Line Up Behind El Salvador To Embrace Decentralized Finance
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/06/14/tanzania-considers-crypto-and-boosts-bitcoin-as-nations-line-up-behind-el-salvador-to-embrace-decentralized-finance/

Slowly, Then All At Once. Nobody wants to be first but also nobody wants to be last. What a irony, looks like so called "third world economies" will be first in most important financial innovation of modern era. But it is very understandable, all those countries need to suppress impact of USD on their economy.

• Curious @dendy or others if you feel we are finally moving out of this sideways fluctuation into a proper pumping phase again. It's looking pretty good.

• edited June 2021

@Gavinski said:
    Curious @dendy or others if you feel we are finally moving out of this sideways fluctuation into a proper pumping phase again. It's looking pretty good.

Don't expecting any significant pump till september, expecting ranging between 30k - 40k whole summer ..

On other side, i would say "prepare to fasten you seatbelts in oct - nov" :-)

• edited June 2021

this is how #hyperinflation looks alike :lol: :lol:

compared to what those people are experiencing with their currency, 50% bitcoin dips (after few hundreds of percent growth) are just harmless joke :-D

• edited June 2021

naysayers:

• "it's not money"
    • "it's too volatile"
    • "it's just for speculations"
    • bitcoin beachnis works just thanks to whale donations
    • trillion others theorethic reasons why something should not work

enterpreneurs:

• "let's do business"
  • Good video on Tether:

This discussion has been closed.