Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wind Swept - Acoustic Downtempo

edited May 2014 in Creations

http://tarekith.com/mp3s/Tarekith-WindSwept.m4a

A lot of my recent work has been shorter songs with weird sounds, abrupt changes in the song structure, and a bit more “out there” overall. So for this one I wanted to create a more flowing, almost trance-like song that drifted along a bit more serenely.

The basis for this song was an acoustic guitar jam I had one night using the looper built into the Flashback X4 pedal. I liked how it turned out, and luckily I had recorded it at the time too. I used Auria on the iPad Air again as my main DAW, along with the included Fabfilter EQ and Compressor for mixing duties, and Pro-L for the mastering.

The drums were from DrumJam and DM1, and Alchemy handled the couple of synth tracks. Everything else was my Taylor 814ce heavily processed with my new pedals, the Xotic EP Booster, Boss Multi-Overtone, Boss Tera Echo, the aforementioned Flashback, and the TC Hall Of Fame.

It flows and builds slowly to a discordant peak, then tapers off to nothingness. Enjoy!

Comments

• Great work, thank you very much!
    Lovely...

• Thanks for listening!

• I like how you turned the finger squeal into something very cool. To me this had a very "pink" feel. The fly buy synth was added a nice texture. Your sounds are very distinct and the master work was excellent. Did you play the pads on Drumjam to get your tabula/ seed texture sound? I enjoyed.

• I actually modified two of the DrumJam loops, and then spliced bits and pieces from each inside Auria to create that ethnic drum loop.

• edited May 2014

Aha, nice tip.

• I do that all the time, nice way to add a little variety to something you set up quickly but just seems to fit the best at the end of the day.

• Beautiful piece of music!

• Love it! I'm a big fan of the Eastern loops over an ambient backdrop. And like WMWM said, the mixing and mastering are very clean and full.

Very inspiring.

• Thanks again. Here I thought people would find this one too boring :)

• @Tarekith said:

Thanks again. Here I thought people would find this one too boring :)

Not with something as accomplished as this. Great piece!