Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for a real piano feeling.

Hi. Let's say I want to create some chords in Suggester and I wonder if there is a way to rhythmically scatter the notes in these chords, but in a more complex fashion then a simple up-down arrpegiator. I want to mimic a real piano playing as close as possible. There is a helpful plugin called ChordPotion but unfortunately not for ios. I've found Steppolyarp to be too 'rigid'; Chordulator (mozaic) was the closest one to obtain a natural feeling. I've used it extensively, with the ‚strum’ parameter driven by LFO and paired with Rhythm Bud, but I'm still missing something. Any other ideas?

Comments

• @zah7 - just for fun, and if you're willing, give me a chord progression and I'll see if I can do something in touchscaper. It will basically select random notes from a chord bound by octave ranges, so potentially piano-like...

• Look at midi strummer by 4 pockets.

Also I think Tonality now does that to.

• I'm about to head out for a stroll, so I had a little go anyway :smile: Disclaimer - I am the developer of touchscaper and moodunits :wink:

https://youtu.be/B-0gcm675Nw

• @moodscaper said:
    I'm about to head out for a stroll, so I had a little go anyway :smile: Disclaimer - I am the developer of touchscaper and moodunits :wink:

wow, definitely useful! I’m buying your app now, thanks!

@ecou said:
    Look at midi strummer by 4 pockets.

Also I think Tonality now does that to.

I will also check these out. Thanks.

• @moodscaper said:
    I'm about to head out for a stroll, so I had a little go anyway :smile: Disclaimer - I am the developer of touchscaper and moodunits :wink:

Bro, best kind of ad. What are you using for the piano sound or is that Part of touchscaper?

• @zah7 said:
    Hi. Let's say I want to create some chords in Suggester and I wonder if there is a way to rhythmically scatter the notes in these chords, but in a more complex fashion then a simple up-down arrpegiator. I want to mimic a real piano playing as close as possible. There is a helpful plugin called ChordPotion but unfortunately not for ios. I've found Steppolyarp to be too 'rigid'; Chordulator (mozaic) was the closest one to obtain a natural feeling. I've used it extensively, with the ‚strum’ parameter driven by LFO and paired with Rhythm Bud, but I'm still missing something. Any other ideas?

Check out StepPolyArp’s sibling, ChordPolyPad. It i has a fantastic strumming feature that can be applied to each pad and it’s automatically mapped to keyboards!

• edited April 2021

Oh and if you have a Novation Launchkey, strumming has been added in the latest firmware update. In addition, the Arturia KeyStep 37 has wonderful a wonderful strumming feature too. As you can see I’ve been seeking strumming too...

• Really hope they add this to the Keystep Pro soon (unless I’ve missed an update, I’m pretty slow to check these things)

@Stuntman_mike said:
    Oh and if you have a Novation Launchkey, strumming has been added in the latest firmware update. In addition, the Arturia KeyStep 37 has wonderful a wonderful strumming feature too. As you can see I’ve been seeking strumming too...

• Mozaic Humanize (pre installed) midi effect plus Victors MIDItools midiCurve

• @zah7 said: wow, definitely useful! I’m buying your app now, thanks!

Many, many thanks!

@FloRi89 said: Bro, best kind of ad. What are you using for the piano sound or is that Part of touchscaper?

Thanks! It's a bit of an ad-fest to be honest:

Hosted in AUM, touchscaper (via IAA / MIDI) is controlling a moodunits MU Waverley AUv3 instance loaded with the MELLOPIANO "Warm Plate S" instrument.

• edited April 2021

@moodscaper said:

@zah7 said: wow, definitely useful! I’m buying your app now, thanks!

Many, many thanks!

@FloRi89 said: Bro, best kind of ad. What are you using for the piano sound or is that Part of touchscaper?

Thanks! It's a bit of an ad-fest to be honest:

Hosted in AUM, touchscaper (via IAA / MIDI) is controlling a moodunits MU Waverley AUv3 instance loaded with the MELLOPIANO "Warm Plate S" instrument.

The app is incredible! I have a question though - is it possible to add a sustain button down the road? For a “real” piano feeling it would be really useful.

• Quantum Komposer 😁🤗

• @zah7 said:

@moodscaper said:

wow, definitely useful! I’m buying your app now, thanks!

Aaaand this is what brilliant marketing looks like! 👏👏👏

(disclaimer: i have and love touchscaper)

• If you have LK, in the clip properties you can adjust swing and humanize.

Independent of which way/app you choose, make sure you work on the velocities too :wink:

• @Stuntman_mike said:

The Keystep 37 strum is so fun, fantastic little controller

• @zah7 said: The app is incredible! I have a question though - is it possible to add a sustain button down the road? For a “real” piano feeling it would be really useful.

Many thanks! :smile:

I'll add that to the feature request list. In the meantime, you can do a slightly clunky implementation by mapping one of the MIDI controllers to CC #64. Not as nice as actually having a dedicated toggle button though.

• I don’t think anyone mentioned Piano Motifs. I think it is what you are looking for.

Check the thread.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/38865/piano-motifs-by-fernando-morales/p1

• @zah7 said:

Poly 2? You can send it the chord via MIDI or program it into Poly 2, and then create all kinds of intricate variations, chord structures, polyrhythms etc.

• Really inspiring thread.

I decided to have a little play around with Chords, ARPS and Randomized Chance in Drambo.

You can grab the Drambo project file in the YouTube description as well

As always thanks for watching 🙏🏼💕

• edited April 2021

Oops dupe.

• Hi folks. So after many months of playing with different apps, in search for a ‘real piano feeling’, I think I’ve ended up with a nice solution. It is a mixture of many apps connected in aum. Everything looks like a decent rig to rather quickly create some nice piano parts.

• @zah7 said:
    Hi folks. So after many months of playing with different apps, in search for a ‘real piano feeling’, I think I’ve ended up with a nice solution. It is a mixture of many apps connected in aum. Everything looks like a decent rig to rather quickly create some nice piano parts.

Can you you list the apps used? I’m curious to know what setup you settled on.

• no problem, it looks like this:

• There are lots of videos on YouTube about making piano playing more interesting - why not check those out and get some ideas on how to mix things up?

• @moodscaper said:

And super nice apps they are too.

• @zah7 said:
    no problem, it looks like this:

What Mozaic scripts are you using?

• Ranbo, Smart Chord Bass, Chordulator.

• @michael_m said:
    There are lots of videos on YouTube about making piano playing more interesting - why not check those out and get some ideas on how to mix things up?

Truth be told I haven’t seen many. There are some videos about Piano Motifs, but in general maybe just few about creating piano parts without actually playing the piano.

• @zah7 said:

@michael_m said:
    There are lots of videos on YouTube about making piano playing more interesting - why not check those out and get some ideas on how to mix things up?

Truth be told I haven’t seen many. There are some videos about Piano Motifs, but in general maybe just few about creating piano parts without actually playing the piano.

There are plenty about actually playing though - can’t you take something from those and apply it without it being in real-time?

• edited September 2021

of course I can, it’s just a different approach, more suitable for non-pianists. It is a sort of generative music with finer control.