Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Zenbeats Ultimate Unlock - opinion

ok, my first impression after Stagelight -> Roland change was: "ooooh no, it's so ugly" and uninstalled it. But now I use it everyday.

Pros:
-using all my desktop library of (oh, almost all) in my ipad production
-no need of purchasing new apps, because almost all I have close to me. Yes, I could use Omnisphere in Zenbeats projects :)
-small monthly subscription price $2.99 for all sounds and total unlock instead of upgrading for about $150 for 2nd version (3rd version upgrade will also cost the same)
-responsive developer with frequent updates
-linear and clip recording options

Cons:
-workflow - I had to used to it
-I had to buy a pencil because there is a lot of details (I have rescalled the interface to about 70% to see more on the screen)

What are Your impressions?

Comments

• My understanding is that the ios version of ZC1 has a downgraded engine and doesn't sound the same as the desktop version, presumably for compatibility with older ios devices. It might be a good idea to look into it before commiting.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It’s my favorite DAW in IOS. Ugly?. Sure but in a cute unpretentious way.
    Clip view is really fast to get ideas going. I used Cubasis or whatever linear daw before, and now I can’t do without it.
    Drum step sequencer, also a must, can’t stand programming drums on a piano roll.
    Glitch6 ZB effect is underrated, it’s so good.
    Good set of included sounds and effects.
    It’s got some peculiar features, I love the “mix” knob for effects for dry/wet. Very useful to automate or when plugins don’t implement a mix feature.

Comparing it to other daws:
    BM3 is probably more powerful and has the best sampler (sample verse could use some updating), but I don’t click with the mpc workflow.
    Auria is unbeatable in audio but not near as immediate. Midi is not great and no Clips.
    Cubasis3... I can’t see a single aspect besides the name in which Cubasis is better than Zenbeats.

• I couldn’t gel with it. Deleted it to free up space on my 64GB IPP.

Also got rid of GarageBand, Korg Gadget, and Nanostudio 2.

I’ll revisit all of these apps one day when I get a new iPad with more storage, but for now I don’t need any of those apps. Especially now that Atom2 is out!

• I think all you get with the Ultimate Unlock vs the $10 version is more presets and loops, including all those packs they sell for "points.". I don't think you gain any other additional synths or capabilities.

• @ehehehe said:
    Wait, the desktop version doesn’t support plugins? On ios it’s a garbled interface with boring sounds to me.

It does

@tahiche said:
    It’s my favorite DAW in IOS. Ugly?. Sure but in a cute unpretentious way.

It was much more ugly wen they started :)

Comparing it to other daws:
    BM3 is probably more powerful and has the best sampler (sample verse could use some updating), but I don’t click with the mpc workflow.
    Auria is unbeatable in audio but not near as immediate. Midi is not great and no Clips.
    Cubasis3... I can’t see a single aspect besides the name in which Cubasis is better than Zenbeats.

I'm not tellling that it's the best, but it is much faster for me than in other daws, and I tried BM3, CB2 and KG (it was my main sequencer)

@jblock said:
    I think all you get with the Ultimate Unlock vs the $10 version is more presets and loops, including all those packs they sell for "points.". I don't think you gain any other additional synths or capabilities.

It also unlocks other platforms, which gives me much more sounds from my vsts

• @MAtrixplan I'm not tellling that it's the best, but it is much faster for me than in other daws, and I tried BM3, CB2 and KG (it was my main sequencer)

What’s “KG” ?
    It is the fastest. Forgot to add how good and unobtrusive the time stretching is.
    After the praising, it must be said that it still has a ton of room for improvement. Audio routing between tracks, buses, merging, audio editing, Audiobus integration, too many long presses, hardware mapping and a large etc. But it keeps updating at a good pace. To me it’s the leading position.

• @tahiche said:

@MAtrixplan I'm not tellling that it's the best, but it is much faster for me than in other daws, and I tried BM3, CB2 and KG (it was my main sequencer)

What’s “KG” ?

Korg Gadget :)