Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

365 FREE presets for Mela synth 1 & 2

124»

Comments

• Now I’m confused…

I have a ton of presets in mela 2, I thought I had more patches and banks in mela 3 that do not appear to be there now. I could be mistaken, maybe I’m confusing the 2 apps, mela 2 & 3, along with what presets I had loaded in each. If so I apologize.

I then wanted to move all my patches so I looked on iCloud and on iPad to see if there was a folder but no mela folders.

@Nikolozi i can’t speak for @NeuM and the issue he noticed, but How can I move all my mela 2 presets to mela 3? Can I do all at once or at least by bank? I can see how to do one at a time but really need a way to move them in bulk.

I’m on iPad 6 - 2018 iOS 15.7

• I see if I hold on a bank in mela 2 I can export but there’s no location to move them to…?

• edited October 2022

@Nikolozi said:

@NeuM said:
    Latest Mela 3 update appears to have deleted the hundreds of imported patches I had, plus it appears one cannot import patches now… help, @Nikolozi !

Ah, that’s not good. Haven’t changed anything in how presets works in last few versions, wonder what happened. I did a quick test going from 3.2 and 3.3 to 3.4 but I didn’t lose anything.

Before I dig deeper, wanted to confirm a few things:

• so you had presets in v3.3 and after the upgrade to 3.4 they disappeared?
    • What version of iOS are you using?
    • did you have presets in custom groups or the “User” group or both?

-I cannot 100% confirm that it was this update that was responsible for the preset deletions on iOS. I have not checked on the iOS version a while since I've been using the desktop version of Mela 3 more and more.

-I'm using the latest version of iPadOS (15.7) and iOS for iPhone (16.0.2). I never added the extra presets on the iPhone, so I can't say if there was an issue there, but the macOS version of Mela 3 did not experience preset deletions.

-The preset groups I had on the iPad Pro were all in their own folders, not in the User folder.

Perhaps I'm the only person this happened to, but others should add their comments here if they experienced any preset deletions also.

And as I mentioned above, I was able to re-add all lost presets. Thankfully I had them backed up elsewhere.

Thanks.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Now I’m confused…

I have a ton of presets in mela 2, I thought I had more patches and banks in mela 3 that do not appear to be there now. I could be mistaken, maybe I’m confusing the 2 apps, mela 2 & 3, along with what presets I had loaded in each. If so I apologize.

I then wanted to move all my patches so I looked on iCloud and on iPad to see if there was a folder but no mela folders.

@Nikolozi i can’t speak for @NeuM and the issue he noticed, but How can I move all my mela 2 presets to mela 3? Can I do all at once or at least by bank? I can see how to do one at a time but really need a way to move them in bulk.

I’m on iPad 6 - 2018 iOS 15.7

Sorry for the late response, had a busy few days.

I'll just copy-paste from the Mela FAQ:

How do I import Mela 2 presets into Mela 3?

Since I had to release Mela 3 under a new developer account, your Mela 2 presets won't automatically appear in your Mela 3 plug-ins. But it's still quite easy to bring your existing presets over to Mela 3. Here are the steps:

1. In Mela 2, open the Preset Browser.

2. Access the context menu (long press on iOS / control-click on macOS) of the preset group you want to export, and select the Export menu item.

3. Once the Files sheet is presented, select the destination folder to where the presets will be exported. Then press the Move button.

4. In Mela 3, open the Preset Browser.

5. You can either create a new preset group (via the more menu, the button next to the Preset Selector) or use the built-in "User" group to import your presets.

6. Access the context menu of the desired preset group, and select the Import menu item.

7. Once the Files sheet is presented, browse to the folder where you exported your presets. Select all presets and press Open.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I see if I hold on a bank in mela 2 I can export but there’s no location to move them to…?

You should be able to pick any location in the Files app, whether it's iCloud or local iPad storage. You can create temporary folders where you export your preset groups, and once you import them in Mela 3 you can delete them in the Files app.

• @NeuM said:

@Nikolozi said:

@NeuM said:
    Latest Mela 3 update appears to have deleted the hundreds of imported patches I had, plus it appears one cannot import patches now… help, @Nikolozi !

Ah, that’s not good. Haven’t changed anything in how presets works in last few versions, wonder what happened. I did a quick test going from 3.2 and 3.3 to 3.4 but I didn’t lose anything.

Before I dig deeper, wanted to confirm a few things:

• so you had presets in v3.3 and after the upgrade to 3.4 they disappeared?
    • What version of iOS are you using?
    • did you have presets in custom groups or the “User” group or both?

-I cannot 100% confirm that it was this update that was responsible for the preset deletions on iOS. I have not checked on the iOS version a while since I've been using the desktop version of Mela 3 more and more.

-I'm using the latest version of iPadOS (15.7) and iOS for iPhone (16.0.2). I never added the extra presets on the iPhone, so I can't say if there was an issue there, but the macOS version of Mela 3 did not experience preset deletions.

-The preset groups I had on the iPad Pro were all in their own folders, not in the User folder.

Perhaps I'm the only person this happened to, but others should add their comments here if they experienced any preset deletions also.

And as I mentioned above, I was able to re-add all lost presets. Thankfully I had them backed up elsewhere.

Thanks.

Thanks for the details. I'll have another debugging session to investigate this further.

• @Nikolozi said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    I see if I hold on a bank in mela 2 I can export but there’s no location to move them to…?

You should be able to pick any location in the Files app, whether it's iCloud or local iPad storage. You can create temporary folders where you export your preset groups, and once you import them in Mela 3 you can delete them in the Files app.

Gotcha, Thank you so much. Sorry if I wasted your time, I probably should’ve done some research and figured it out but at the same time I wasn’t sure if I was missing presets, or what was going on. Im still Not even sure if I’m missing any or never even imported any over. I thought, For some reason, it looked like less banks, or less patches, but I can’t be certain of that. It was like a quick visual impression I got based of what I thought was there. Just disregard all of this… lol. Thanks @Nikolozi

• @Poppadocrock said:

Gotcha, Thank you so much. Sorry if I wasted your time.

No at all, I’m always happy to help and hear about things that may not be obvious or are issues that need resolving.