Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatCutter for non rocket-scientists

2»

Comments

• @DarkAum3o said:

@zilld2017 said:
    Looking for advice here. I’m a big fan of the devs apps. Wreaking sonic havoc is my game. However, bit-reduction and decimation are not. I find the effect kind of reduces everything to sonic mush—almost generic in a way.

Anyway, can anyone suggest a fairly straightforward way to a) turn off/disable this effect in Beatcutter and b) prevent the bit-reduction from becoming active when randomizing a template?

Thanks.

EDIT: just re-read my post and realized how ridiculous it is to ask about a “simple” technique for this beautiful app. Misses the point, I know! In any case, if anyone can share some advice in this regard, it would be much appreciated.

For b) just put a x on every template part you doesn’t want to change

Exactly what I was lookin for. Thanks, @DarkAum3o

• @DarkAum3o said:

@zilld2017 said:
    Looking for advice here. I’m a big fan of the devs apps. Wreaking sonic havoc is my game. However, bit-reduction and decimation are not. I find the effect kind of reduces everything to sonic mush—almost generic in a way.

Anyway, can anyone suggest a fairly straightforward way to a) turn off/disable this effect in Beatcutter and b) prevent the bit-reduction from becoming active when randomizing a template?

Thanks.

EDIT: just re-read my post and realized how ridiculous it is to ask about a “simple” technique for this beautiful app. Misses the point, I know! In any case, if anyone can share some advice in this regard, it would be much appreciated.

For b) just put a x on every template part you doesn’t want to change

AFTER (a) you turn off the bitmask controls in each of the individual control buses. Bear in mind also that "decimate" is one of the effect options on the Processing page, and there’s effectively no way to keep a randomized template from generating a decimate effect unless you freeze the effect mode in the template, which will prevent the app from coming up with any random effects switches.