Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any experience with Line 6 Relay g10

edited March 2021 in Other

I have a Yamaha THR30II that integrates a Line 6 wireless receiver. I would like to know if it is worth to buy a Line 6 Relay transmitter g10T. Does it work really as good as it is marketed? 2.6ms delay seems to be incredible compared to the other standards like Bluetooth...

Comments

• I've got this combo (with a THR10), I love the amp, but the Relay G10 could be a lot better for the price I think.

I got a second hand one as I thought I could make use of the base unit as well. This has been the case, but simple things like there being no on/off switch for the base unit are annoying - it has a very bright light that stays on all the time. I know I can un- plug the unit at the socket, but for me this is just poor design - I'd prefer if it charged the G10 and then went into standby.

As for the transmitter, the battery life was dramatically reduced after the 'urgent' firmware update necessary to avoid starting fires. Mine lasts around an hour now, but it was second hand so maybe not fair to judge it on that. Reading up about them though, it doesn't look like they have a very long life expectancy. The worst thing I find is that it doesn't seem to hold it's charge over a few days. Fine if I think ahead and charge in advance of playing, but it's rarely the case I'm that organised. Also, I like to use the amp portable and battery powered, so I don't have it plugged in very much, but even if I did there are some confusing power drain situations if you were to just leave it plugged in to the mains powered amp (confusing to me at least).

On the positive side, the pairing works well (when switching between amp and base unit, just plug it in for a few seconds and it's good to go) and the sleep function works ok if you don't play anything for a few minutes. I don't notice any delay, so recommended on that front.

One other bad is that it stops my family streaming TV if I sit too near our wireless router, but I think they warn against that upfront (I've not confessed to being the culprit yet).

I may revise my opinion on this over the summer to come, when I'll hopefully be outside using this setup more frequently, but I think it's overpriced with its inherent battery life flaws. I also have an Xvive U2 transmitter / receiver pair, I find these much more reliable and useable. The only thing they don't do that the Line 6 does is charge from the amp, but I find it more automatic to go and plug them in to USB power when I've finished playing, rather than having to plan ahead with the G10. I've had the U2s a few years now and they still hold their charge well, I get around 90 minutes out of them, much the same as when they were new.

In conclusion, good, but far from perfect.

• @steve99 said:
    I've got this combo (with a THR10), I love the amp, but the Relay G10 could be a lot better for the price I think.

I got a second hand one as I thought I could make use of the base unit as well. This has been the case, but simple things like there being no on/off switch for the base unit are annoying - it has a very bright light that stays on all the time. I know I can un- plug the unit at the socket, but for me this is just poor design - I'd prefer if it charged the G10 and then went into standby.

As for the transmitter, the battery life was dramatically reduced after the 'urgent' firmware update necessary to avoid starting fires. Mine lasts around an hour now, but it was second hand so maybe not fair to judge it on that. Reading up about them though, it doesn't look like they have a very long life expectancy. The worst thing I find is that it doesn't seem to hold it's charge over a few days. Fine if I think ahead and charge in advance of playing, but it's rarely the case I'm that organised. Also, I like to use the amp portable and battery powered, so I don't have it plugged in very much, but even if I did there are some confusing power drain situations if you were to just leave it plugged in to the mains powered amp (confusing to me at least).

On the positive side, the pairing works well (when switching between amp and base unit, just plug it in for a few seconds and it's good to go) and the sleep function works ok if you don't play anything for a few minutes. I don't notice any delay, so recommended on that front.

One other bad is that it stops my family streaming TV if I sit too near our wireless router, but I think they warn against that upfront (I've not confessed to being the culprit yet).

I may revise my opinion on this over the summer to come, when I'll hopefully be outside using this setup more frequently, but I think it's overpriced with its inherent battery life flaws. I also have an Xvive U2 transmitter / receiver pair, I find these much more reliable and useable. The only thing they don't do that the Line 6 does is charge from the amp, but I find it more automatic to go and plug them in to USB power when I've finished playing, rather than having to plan ahead with the G10. I've had the U2s a few years now and they still hold their charge well, I get around 90 minutes out of them, much the same as when they were new.

Thanks, very interesting. I have just seen that a new version (the Line 6 G10Tii) is now available (but not in my country at the moment). I would assume that this version probably solve the issues related to the old version. Maybe I will wait...or not ;0)

• @cuscolima said:

@steve99 said:
    I've got this combo (with a THR10), I love the amp, but the Relay G10 could be a lot better for the price I think.

Thanks, very interesting. I have just seen that a new version (the Line 6 G10Tii) is now available (but not in my country at the moment). I would assume that this version probably solve the issues related to the old version. Maybe I will wait...or not ;0)

Ah - good news, they had to do something, let's hope it's more than just adding a 'I'... it's now even more money to find out though. It would be good if they offered an exchange for the v.1 owners, but unlikely.