Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Logic pro coming with new ipads?

1161718192022»

Comments

• This time for sure. M2 only because it’s the only CPU which can handle something like logic for iPad! It’s will be glorious… mark my words

(Do one need to mark entries sarcasm?)

• edited October 2022

Sadly, I think if pro apps would be released they would make a song and a dance and do an event...

However just digging into Tim Cook's new teaser tweet. Are these doodles of the Final Cut logo or just general doodles?

Also appears to be teasing a multi-camera design (here's to hoping one of the other random dots in the video is a nice new headphone port):

• edited October 2022

Some good thinking there @CaelumAudio .

I reckon this forum could wish a headphone jack into reality if we all just try at once.

• I am having a Hard Time imagine apple releasing a new iPad Pro with new design (dynamic capsule, M2 CPU, thinner bezel, more cameras) with just a “store updated” booof. Maybe something didn’t work out and they are just releasing a maintenance update ;)

• edited October 2022

The M2 iPad Pro just dropped apparently

• Looks like other than the Apple Pencil "hover" functionality (which looks good, but is hardly groundbreaking), this is a basic spec-bump release, which was to be expected, I think. I definitely don't feel compelled to upgrade from my M1. This might create a good opportunity to pick up an M1 on discount.

• @mjm1138 : I thought I was seeing things as I just now commented on another page re: clip based launching in Cubasis…Good points about Zenbeats which is really closing the gap, being that they have clip launching AND the ability to mix time signatures. A major lacking feature in Cubasis.. Been checking out ntrack studio for iOS lately…It’s impressive.

• I wonder how much used M1 iPad prices will drop following this announcement.

• Glad I picked up a M1 11 inch 256 GB last month as that’s a big leap £161 pounds more for what ever M2 gives you.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Glad I picked up a M1 11 inch 256 GB last month as that’s a big leap £161 pounds more for what ever M2 gives you.

Same here I got mine some time ago...
    Kinda weird that they kept the camera on top on the iPadPro's while in the 'base iPad' they moved it to the side which is better when doing video calls with the iPad in land-scape mode...

At least the release date for iPadOS16.1 is out, next Monday October 24th.
    (I'll be installing it the moment it drops).

Cheers!

• No 1/8” headphone jack, no sale. 🧐

• The base model new ipad has a better keyboard than the iPad Pro. Volume, transport, brightness. It’s silly. Also the new ipad is almost identical to the iPad Air 4th gen.

• Advertising 3rd party apps instead of their own :|

• Time for this in a bit !

• @Telstar5 said:
    @mjm1138 : I thought I was seeing things as I just now commented on another page re: clip based launching in Cubasis…Good points about Zenbeats which is really closing the gap, being that they have clip launching AND the ability to mix time signatures. A major lacking feature in Cubasis.. Been checking out ntrack studio for iOS lately…It’s impressive.

It looks like n-Track Studio doesn't support AUv3 on either desktop or iOS, which is kind of table stakes for me. It does look nice otherwise.

• answer: nope

• @mjm1138 said:

@Telstar5 said:
    @mjm1138 : I thought I was seeing things as I just now commented on another page re: clip based launching in Cubasis…Good points about Zenbeats which is really closing the gap, being that they have clip launching AND the ability to mix time signatures. A major lacking feature in Cubasis.. Been checking out ntrack studio for iOS lately…It’s impressive.

It looks like n-Track Studio doesn't support AUv3 on either desktop or iOS, which is kind of table stakes for me. It does look nice otherwise.

Pretty sure it does, though to what level I'm not sure.

• @FastGhost said:

@mjm1138 said:

@Telstar5 said:

Pretty sure it does, though to what level I'm not sure.

If it does, they're keeping it very quiet in their marketing materials. Desktop edition mentions support for VST and AU (v2) only, iOS edition does not mention any supported plugin format.

• edited October 2022

It’s letting me pick AU instruments.

Edit: Looks like it lets you add AU FX too, though it does that incredibly annoying thing of grouping and sorting them by the name of the developer.