Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo Version 1.33

This discussion was created from comments split from: Drambo is an AU host now / the new Drambo mega thread.

Comments

• Nobody talking about the new 1.33 update?

• @drez said:
    Nobody talking about the new 1.33 update?

Thanks for the heads up!

• @drez said:

@drez said:

Came here exactly for that! To see what people have to say, before I open it myself.

• I tested my App Store Shortcut again, this time it worked:

App "Drambo"

Developer: BeepStreet
    URL: https://apps.apple.com/app/drambo/id1469365718

Minimum OS Version: 11.3
    Universal: Yes
    Price: $19.99

DESCRIPTION:

Drambo is an innovative modular groovebox and audio processing environment. Modular components are used to build synthesized and sample based instruments or audio effects using high-quality DSP and audio-rate modulation. Tied to a powerful sequencer, it’s an optimal music creation tool for sound design, composition, performance and experimentation.

At the heart of Drambo lies an entirely new concept that makes modular creations easy, fun and affordable. Modules are connected automatically, with no cables as you add or rearrange them. A dynamic interface creates modulation knobs when you need them. Modules may house other modules, so you can keep your patch well organized. Of course, automatic connections can be overridden. In Drambo you can focus on playing with sound and signal structure without getting lost in wires.

Use a deep and innovative sequencer to compose patterns and whole tracks, for production or live performance. Go beyond simple looping sequences with parameter locking, conditional step components, and powerful scene morphing. Drambo works equally well as a self-contained standalone app or audio unit plugin with audio and MIDI connectivity as an AUV3 instrument, audio effect and MIDI effect. No modular experience necessary to get started playing with preset sounds and effects.

You can use Drambo as

• A complete music production and performance environment

• Endless modular playground, that allows you to build, modify and store custom instruments and effects. For instance: build a custom synth, sample and resample, build a Theremin using a gyroscope module, or turn your table into a playable surface, by processing microphone input with physical modelling modules. Get weird or make functional instruments and tools.

• MIDI sequencer, that works with hardware and AUv3 instruments (e.g. Drambo sequences other instruments in an AU host app). Moreover Drambo can generate custom MIDI CC messages or modulation signals to control modular synths via DC coupled interfaces.

• AUv3 synthesizer, effect or sequencer in other DAWs. Drambo can replace a lot of audio plugins. For instance: you may use it as a chorus, phaser, reverb, filter, equalizer, complex modular delay, decimator, frequency shifter, MIDI effect or complex modulator for other synths. You may combine, modulate and sequence them in no time.

Features:

• Polyphonic, stereo processing and audio-rate modulation. All signals are equal. Up to 8 voices per modular instrument rack.

• Unique modular concept: cable-less, drag'n'drop, color coding dynamic interface, automatic connections, and customizable compact, rack views.

• Directional flow makes Drambo routing and patching straightforward. Signal flows only left to right, so there are no instant feedback routings in Drambo. Delayed feedback is possible using certain modules.

• Simple and clean interface, that scales to every size and device orientation

• Custom modular racks that can be nested, with presets at the track, rack, and module level.

• Multiple modulators per parameter without additional mixer modules.

• 16-track, polyphonic step sequencer with parameter locks and step components.

• Audio Units hosting ( standalone app only )

• Over 120 modules available, such as: oscillators, samplers, physical modelling modules, LFOs, envelope generators, filters, audio effects, mixers, MIDI processors, sequencers and math functions.

• Morph groups: you can morph many parameters using a single slider.

• Available as a standalone app, AUv3 instrument, effect and MIDI effect.

• MIDI, MPE and Ableton Link support

Drambo is an open-ended app. This is just the beginning. Many modules and exciting updates are planned.

With Drambo, you are in charge. Create the music from your vision to reality.

"Drambo changes the face of iOS music apps." Cult of Mac

Visit https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/ for community content.

RELEASE NOTES: Version 1.33

Fixed:

• Drambo Audio Unit: projects saved with previous versions had MIDI source set to "Unknown" on each track.
    • Standalone: Audio Unit modules received MIDI events always on channel 1, regardless of event channel.
    • Song exported to WAV was distorted when imported to Ableton Live
    • Problems with keyboard on Mac M1
    • Flexi sampler, issues with markers after trimming a sample, clicks when using Pattern launch mode
    • Shot sampler: first slice was ignored
    • Slow AU library initialisation for large number of Audio Units
    • Master amp level was not turning red, when signal was clipped
    • Minor UI fixes
    • XY pad module has gate output now
    • AU processor module supports multi-io processing now

Added:

• Buffer rescan module (Processor / effect)
    • Buffer repeat module (Processor / effect)
    • Buffer stop module (Processor / effect)
  • what do these new buffer processor effects do? what can they be used for?

• @eross said:
    what do these new buffer processor effects do? what can they be used for?

Something along the lines of GlitchCore, Turnado, Effectix, Looperator

• Standalone: Audio Unit modules received MIDI events always on channel 1, regardless of event channel.

Yes! That's a biggie right there! Can't wait to test.

• @wim said:

Standalone: Audio Unit modules received MIDI events always on channel 1, regardless of event channel.

Yes! That's a biggie right there! Can't wait to test.

Woohoo 🎉🙌

• Lazy demo of buffer modules...

• All hail new mega thread.

• That was really fast, @0tolerance4silence

And probably marks you as beta tester 😉

Thanks!

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Lazy demo of buffer modules...

Might've been lazy but it was dope!

• 👍 internal midi channels 😀

• @0tolerance4silence said:

oh wow, i had no idea. thanks for them demo. guess i know what i’m doing tonight after work. 👍🏻

• @aleyas said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

Might've been lazy but it was dope!

Yes it was! Right up my alley.

• The buffers are also realllly cool on cv signal. This is a synth using envelopes going through the buffer rescan and controlling an amp.
    PS if it will not load on the release version of Drambo, please let me know. It uploaded today from a new beta version.

https://patchstorage.com/buffered-and-decimated-vca/

You can do all sort of cool things, like send pitch through the buffer and freeze pitch sequences, reverse them, etc.

• LK works great in this now. I put it on the Main track, then set a midi channel filter on each track, and set the input for the midi filter to LK.

Later I decided it would be convenient to also be able to use the Drambo keyboard on each track as well. This made it necessary to add another channel filter and a midi mixer on each channel, but it works quite nicely this way.

• And now we have the octatrack freeze delay !!! Thank you for this amazing update.

• edited March 2021

There is a new preset in Delay rack module that makes reverse delay Fx (utilizes Buffer rescan module).

btw. v.1.4.0 is in works: analog filters, support for multi io audio interfaces and maybe automation / midi cc recording.

• Nice patches dramfam, thanks for sharing! Here’s something quick with the buffer modules. Fun for some chaos....

https://patchstorage.com/buffnstuff/

• @wim said:
    LK works great in this now. I put it on the Main track, then set a midi channel filter on each track, and set the input for the midi filter to LK.

Later I decided it would be convenient to also be able to use the Drambo keyboard on each track as well. This made it necessary to add another channel filter and a midi mixer on each channel, but it works quite nicely this way.

I can’t seem to figure out how to do what you say you did.

• @childofthecorndog said:
    Nice patches dramfam, thanks for sharing! Here’s something quick with the buffer modules. Fun for some chaos....

https://patchstorage.com/buffnstuff/

I uploaded the wrong version 🤪 Switched to the working one now..

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    There is a new preset in Delay rack module that makes reverse delay Fx (utilizes Buffer rescan module).

btw. v.1.4.0 is in works: analog filters, support for multi io audio interfaces and maybe automation / midi cc recording.

Audio interface support! Yes!!!

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Cheers Giku! 1.4 is going to be a big one for the hardware users! And I’ve still got my fingers crossed for that Dagger Steiner-Parker filter haha.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

<3 <3 <3 <3

• edited March 2021

With the upcoming Analog Filters we might be able to replicate the Yamaha CS01II if all goes well ;)

The CS01II oscillators & filter have their own character, don't know where to find the schematics for it...

• @Samu said:
    With the upcoming Analog Filters we might be able to replicate the Yamaha CS01II if all goes well ;)

The CS01II oscillators & filter have their own character, don't know where to find the schematics for it...

Here’s the service manual: https://ia800903.us.archive.org/26/items/CS01II/CS01 II Sythesizer.pdf

• @giku_beepstreet said:

I need this so bad :D