Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone use a (typing) keyboard on there iPad

I’ve got a 12 inch iPad (2nd Gen) and was thinking of getting a keyboard for it.
Any recommendations?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited March 2021

I have had one of these for more than five years and it has worked flawlessly. I love the portability. The shape is a little bit weird, but totally makes sense once you try it. Lasts for months on a single charge. Flip it open and it connects instantly. Close it and it completely shuts down. Powers off after 10 minutes or so of inactivity, but connects quickly as soon as you press a key.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EHSLFAY/

• edited March 2021

I've an Anker that looks like a plastic version of the old Apple Magic KB. Two AAA batteries, bluetooth connection. Don't use it much, but handy when I want to do some serious typing.

But you should also check out the Typefinity screen KB. It's a full PC layout, with number row and punctuation, no tricky shifts or oddball layout. And it includes a nice symbol KB, including comprehensive foreign language accents. I use mine all the time on a 9.5" iPad screen. It'd be full size on your 12".

• I use the Apple Magic Keyboard and Trackpad with an iPad Pro and MacBook Air.

• @uncledave said:
    I've an Anker that looks like a plastic version of the old Apple Magic KB. Two AAA batteries, bluetooth connection. Don't use it much, but handy when I want to do some serious typing.

But you should also check out the Typefinity screen KB. It's a full PC layout, with number row and punctuation, no tricky shifts or oddball layout. And it includes a nice symbol KB, including comprehensive foreign language accents. I use mine all the time on a 9.5" iPad screen. It'd be full size on your 12".

Same here at least for the first part of the comment.

• For sure yup, its great and fast too! I mean the lil Mac ones. I even use one on my Nintendo for gadget and its rather hilarious but works! Cheers

• The Keychron mechanical keyboard range are fantastic. My current favourite is the K3 optical, which is shallower and less clattery than its predecessors (which are also great, but they do make a racket).

• Can a keyboard be used as a midi keyboard to trigger synths in aum, cubasis or standalone?

• tjatja
    edited March 2021

@cyberheater said:
    I’ve got a 12 inch iPad (2nd Gen) and was thinking of getting a keyboard for it.
    Any recommendations?

After searching for about 1 year, I did fall for the Keychron K1:

https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-k1-wireless-mechanical-keyboard

This is a ten-key-less design and it is NOT wireless, as they sadly advertise!

It can be used over Bluetooth, but also per USB-C or USB-A cable!

It works on Windows, iOS and Mac and can be switched between Windows and iOS / Mac and between Off, Cable or Bluetooth.

It has some "features" that I don't like, but I still found no better alternative:

1) The flashing LED lights can be switched off, but you need to do so every time you power-on the keyboard.
    This is massively annoying.

2) You cannot switch between Cable and Bluetooth without going over "Off", which also re-enables the LED lights.

3) It's rechargeable battery it inbuilt, but not exchangeable. Which means that the keyboard will die at some time. With exchangeable (and rechargeable) AA batteries, this thing could be used for 1000 years.

4) You cannot disable charging or using the battery, even if running over cable. This makes point 3) worse.

Some very sad, even stupid design mistakes by keychron.

Anyways, still the best thing I could find!

• Apple Magic Keyboard if you want your iPad to behave more like a laptop.

Logitech Combo Touch if you want to lean on the tablet aspect more.

I personally went with Combo Touch because of the detachable keyboard and extra protection.

https://pctechtest.com/best-ipad-keyboards