Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

audio version of a train switch track, or water valve

i want an app that i can put on an aum fox slot. that will shift which bus audio gets sent to. and have it synced to aum clock.
for example : i could set an audio stream to send audio to bus A . but on very 1/4 note, it would close audio to bus A and send it to bus B untill the next 1/4 note. and continue that way.
is there anything like that on ios?

Comments

• @eross said:
    i want an app that i can put on an aum fox slot. that will shift which bus audio gets sent to. and have it synced to aum clock.
    for example : i could set an audio stream to send audio to bus A . but on very 1/4 note, it would close audio to bus A and send it to bus B untill the next 1/4 note. and continue that way.

You could right a simple Mozaic script to do that couple with setting up your bus routing to be switched by MIDI.

• @espiegel123 said:

@eross said:

You could right a simple Mozaic script to do that couple with setting up your bus routing to be switched by MIDI.

Also, Brambos’ Scatterbrain does something like that.

• @espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@eross said:scatterbrain? i’ll look into that thanks

Also, Brambos’ Scatterbrain does something like that.

• So mirack has 16 channels of multibus input (or 8 stereo channels).

If you put mirack 16input in your fx slot, then add more channels using the multibus instances of mirack, then you can output each of those to a separate bus. You do this with a 1 to 8 switch (one input to 8 selectable outputs).
    If you use Drambo as your host, you can use the same method, and it will be easier too (especially if you want to automate the switching). Let me know if you want me to explain the Drambo method.

You can see what mirack switch in Aum looks like here:

And here’s how it works

• wimwim
    edited March 2021

You could Just route the audio to both channels, then alternately mute the channel you don't want. To trigger it, just set up the note or CC you want to toggle mute (in opposite directions) and sequence from anything like Atom, LK, Rozeta XOX, whatever.

Nothing fancy or any scripting needed.

• @aleyas said:
    So mirack has 16 channels of multibus input (or 8 stereo channels).

If you put mirack 16input in your fx slot, then add more channels using the multibus instances of mirack, then you can output each of those to a separate bus. You do this with a 1 to 8 switch (one input to 8 selectable outputs).
    If you use Drambo as your host, you can use the same method, and it will be easier too (especially if you want to automate the switching). Let me know if you want me to explain the Drambo method.

You can see what mirack switch in Aum looks like here:

And here’s how it works

yeah this is awesome. i’d love to know the drambo method if you have time. if not, no worries

• edited March 2021

@eross said:
    yeah this is awesome. i’d love to know the drambo method if you have time. if not, no worries

It's very easy. All you need is the 1-N switch (found in the mixer section).
    Put your instrument on the left side of the 1-N switch and connect it.
    Place all your effects to the right of the switch, or you can place your effects on different tracks (like I did in the video).
    If your effects are on different tracks, connect each effect to on of the outputs on the 1-N switch.
    Done!

Now you can manually switch by pressing the buttons, or you could press and hold a step on the sequencer to parameter lock the switch.
    Or you can automate the switch. Do this with a CV sequencer (or an lfo, or any other modulator). Connect the CV sequencer to the INDEX input of the switch.
    For convenience ...Your grid range should be 1 less than the # of effects you have. So, if you have 3 effects, then set your CV sequencer grid range to 2 (snap on). If you have 5 effects, set sequencer range 4...

I hope that was clear. The description may sound more complicated than it actually is.. truly, its super easy, and works with stereo audio so its really convenient. This video demonstrates it in use.
    (take note that I put the effects on different tracks. But you could put them all on the same track like in picture #2.)

Last thing: I just noticed the audio was 'poppy' when I was automating the switch. If you choose the option 'smooth' or x-fade, then the transition will be without clicks or pops.