Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Keeping files updated between 2 devices (Audiobus/Loopy)

I have the misfortune of owning 2 iPads and I sometimes work on the same project on both of them interchangeably. I generally save Audiobus sessions to Files and open it on the other iPad from there but unfortunately Loopy session content doesn’t get saved so I’m stuck with that.

I tried to copy the file from loopy folder on ‘on my iPad’ to files but I can’t seem to find a way of just copying and pasting which seems rather ridiculous. Anyone knows of an elegant way of doing it, hopefully not using stuff like Dropbox or Drive but within IOS file management? Cheers

Comments

• Ok, just fired up loopy standalone and shared the session to files app. Cool. It would be nice if Audiobus save session could include loopy stuff as well.

Ah well I guess Loopy Pro will solve that ;)

• @supadom said:
    Ok, just fired up loopy standalone and shared the session to files app. Cool. It would be nice if Audiobus save session could include loopy stuff as well.

There is an option in Loopy to save the session with Audiobus preset.

• @espiegel123 said:

@supadom said:
    Ok, just fired up loopy standalone and shared the session to files app. Cool. It would be nice if Audiobus save session could include loopy stuff as well.

That does not work on my end.

• @espiegel123 said:

I think that is for saving the session inside Audiobus, so that it will recall the Loopy session when loading.

I don’t think it can export the loopy session files when exporting an Audiobus preset.

@supadom, I think you’ve found the best solution already: doing a separate Share to Files export inside Loopy

• @Hmtx said:

@espiegel123 said:

I think that is for saving the session inside Audiobus, so that it will recall the Loopy session when loading.

I don’t think it can export the loopy session files when exporting an Audiobus preset.

@supadom, I think you’ve found the best solution already: doing a separate Share to Files export inside Loopy

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess it just tells Loopy which session to load rather than storing the session itself (unlike say when it saves AUM's state in which case the Audiobus file includes the actual AUM data).