Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recommend a Usb hub and mouse for gen 2 iPad pro

edited March 2021 in Other

Can anyone recommend a usb hub that will work with the Apple cck and 2017 gen 2 iPad Pro? Also, a mouse that will work with it as well (I’ve read some don’t work and don’t know if that is true or not).

Comments

• USB hub for a Lightning iPad is pretty generic. The only significant decision is whether you'll be using multiple bus-powered devices and need a powered hub. I hope you have the current Apple USB 3 Camera Adapter which allows a power connection to the iPad.

Not sure about mouse. Are you interested in Bluetooth or wired USB?

• edited March 2021

@uncledave said:
    USB hub for a Lightning iPad is pretty generic. The only significant decision is whether you'll be using multiple bus-powered devices and need a powered hub. I hope you have the current Apple USB 3 Camera Adapter which allows a power connection to the iPad.

Yes I have the Apple cck with power. The only reason I want a usb hub is to hook up a mouse and maybe another midi controller, but mostly right now for a mouse. I would go for the Bluetooth mouse, but I thought they didn’t work good with iPads? If they do I’ll just go that route.

• @Brad said:

@uncledave said:
    USB hub for a Lightning iPad is pretty generic. The only significant decision is whether you'll be using multiple bus-powered devices and need a powered hub. I hope you have the current Apple USB 3 Camera Adapter which allows a power connection to the iPad.

Yes I have the Apple cck with power. The only reason I want a usb hub is to hook up a mouse and maybe another midi controller, but mostly right now for a mouse. I would go for the Bluetooth mouse, but I thought they didn’t work good with iPads? If they do I’ll just go that route.

For low-power stuff, a generic unpowered USB hub should be fine. Powering the cck helps some. I got mine at BestBuy, and it handled 2 KBs and a (powered) DAC fine. It took another controller to send me down the powered hub route. Don't know about mice. I've used an old (20 years?) Microsoft optical mouse with my iPad.

• I researched mice quite a bit and bought a Logitech M720 (Pretty sure that's the model number). Works well, but I never found a mouse very useful with the iPad.

• @uncledave said:

@Brad said:

@uncledave said:

For low-power stuff, a generic unpowered USB hub should be fine. Powering the cck helps some. I got mine at BestBuy, and it handled 2 KBs and a (powered) DAC fine. It took another controller to send me down the powered hub route. Don't know about mice. I've used an old (20 years?) Microsoft optical mouse with my iPad.

Yeah I would buy a powered one. I just didn’t know if a certain brand would be better than the other.

@Matthew said:
    I researched mice quite a bit and bought a Logitech M720 (Pretty sure that's the model number). Works well, but I never found a mouse very useful with the iPad.

Honestly, I don’t need one for me or even want one. However, I plan on doing some YouTube videos with tutorials and figured if people didn’t know what I was clicking on then they wouldn’t be very helpful. So with the mouse they’ll be able to follow the little dot on the screen and see what I’m clicking on.

• @Brad said:

@uncledave said:

@Brad said:

@uncledave said:

Yeah I would buy a powered one. I just didn’t know if a certain brand would be better than the other.

OK. Obviously, with a powered hub you have more choices. They're not related to iPad compatibility, but to general useability. I chose the "Atola 7-port powered USB-3 hub" sold by Amazon. It includes a 20-watt (4 Amp) power supply. It powers everything, so no more random power modules.

@Matthew said:
    I researched mice quite a bit and bought a Logitech M720 (Pretty sure that's the model number). Works well, but I never found a mouse very useful with the iPad.

Honestly, I don’t need one for me or even want one. However, I plan on doing some YouTube videos with tutorials and figured if people didn’t know what I was clicking on then they wouldn’t be very helpful. So with the mouse they’ll be able to follow the little dot on the screen and see what I’m clicking on.

I agree. The one use for an iPad mouse is that a screen recording can show where you're hovering before you click.