Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koshiba/yukawa

So I’m thinking about getting both of these apps, they look like they are fun and add a lot to the mix to give easy automation in app like aum and ab where there’s no automation lanes...
Now that they have been out a while I’m curious how if people still find them interesting and useful and over all thoughts...
I have a giftcard so i can get em without fear of losing money haha but I’m still considering saving the card for mixbox maybe

Comments

• @reasOne said:
    So I’m thinking about getting both of these apps, they look like they are fun and add a lot to the mix to give easy automation in app like aum and ab where there’s no automation lanes...
    Now that they have been out a while I’m curious how if people still find them interesting and useful and over all thoughts...
    I have a giftcard so i can get em without fear of losing money haha but I’m still considering saving the card for mixbox maybe

If its between those and MixBox... grab MixBox

• Yukawa is dope for fun rhythmic delays and stuff.

• edited February 2021

I was super excited about Yukawa but never devoted the time to learn it. I need to spend some more time with it

I bought Koshiba more on a whim but I use it regularly. Very cool effect, more useful to me than Perforater. The filter setting per step allows you to feed quite plain audio into it, and get complex variations coming out

• edited February 2021

I have Yukawa. I wouldn't call it an 'essential' app, but it's certainly fun. Its basically 2 delays in one app - a multitap delay and a classic bbd delay. You have the option of routing either delay into either delay (+ feedback!). That with the multiple filters and distortion unit it make it pretty unique and versatile.

Mixbox on the other hand I'd consider kind of essential ;)

• Yukawa is probably my favorite fx of the last year. Best multi-tap delay by far. Does wonders even on simple sequences.

• Yukawa! I opened it up the day I bought it, made a track and then completely forgot about it until just now.

• I appreciate all the feedback here! I wish someday for more app demos pre purchase

• @reasOne said:
    I appreciate all the feedback here! I wish someday for more app demos pre purchase

I did vids on both. Did you watch them? I like and enjoy both of these though they are definitely more suited to experimenting and noodling than quick dialing in.

• @reasOne Yukawa is the main fx on this one. I'm running the master track through it. You won't be disappointed.

• @Gavinski said:

@reasOne said:
    I appreciate all the feedback here! I wish someday for more app demos pre purchase

I did vids on both. Did you watch them? I like and enjoy both of these though they are definitely more suited to experimenting and noodling than quick dialing in.

Definitely did! They are great, i Even saw your yukawa update video... those are what got me thinking about them again...i grabbed koshiba right after work and by the end Of the night I’ll have yukawa as my dude @auxmux has stated it is one of his favs hehe
    The aux man knows I’ma fan of his ig posts 😎

• @auxmux said:
    @reasOne Yukawa is the main fx on this one. I'm running the master track through it. You won't be disappointed.

Love this sound man, so much chillllll and rhythm!! I’msold

• edited February 2021

Ummm just gonna leave this here if you already own Drambo:
    https://forum.beepstreet.com/discussion/1203/attempt-at-building-make-noise-qupas-in-drambo

Once you download it from PatchStorage and open it in Drambo 3 hours will go by just like that.

Get MixBox as @ipadbeatmaking said. 👊🏼™️

I love the IceGear stuff but man Drambo is really everything for me now.

• I did just get that patch @echoopera , i gotta say it is very nice!!
    I still grabbed both these Effects tho 🤣
    Can’t resist those apps use add modulation to aum... I’m still using drambo to send MIDI to apps in aum as i prefer that workflow
    But with all these effects i just I’ll be getting lost all morning!

• @reasOne said:
    I did just get that patch @echoopera , i gotta say it is very nice!!
    I still grabbed both these Effects tho 🤣
    Can’t resist those apps use add modulation to aum... I’m still using drambo to send MIDI to apps in aum as i prefer that workflow
    But with all these effects i just I’ll be getting lost all morning!

Well you know what they say don’t you?

“Some times you have to get lost in order to know where you are.” 😜

• @reasOne said:

@auxmux said:
    @reasOne Yukawa is the main fx on this one. I'm running the master track through it. You won't be disappointed.

Love this sound man, so much chillllll and rhythm!! I’msold

Sweet, no worries, thanks dude. Glad you like it! Enjoy.

• Put em both hard to work in this session! Great apps indeed

• Nice @reasOne D1 is looking pretty stable.

• @auxmux said:
    Nice @reasOne D1 is looking pretty stable.

Well .. LOL i have to open each instance every time i reopen the project and activate the keyboard and play a note for it to work but after that it stays alive