Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Module Far North Demo / Review: Great for Ambient (Winners Announced)

Korg Module Far North Demo / Review: Great for Ambient (5 FREE Copies of ANY Korg Module IAP!)

Korg Module is a free app for iOS (both iPad and iPhone) with IAPs available for various preset packs. One thing I like is that all IAPs are free to try for 7 days. These are, of course, also available in Korg Module Pro. In this video I review and demo the Far North pack, currently priced at $5, which is definitely one of my favourites and is great for ambient, soundscapes and experimental sounds, but also has sounds that could be more widely used in various genres. These presets, with names like ‘Soviet Scapes’, ‘Snowfall Cabin’ and ‘Analog Winter’ sound just as evocative as their names suggest. I look here at the pros and cons of the way these kinds of preset packs work in Korg Module - there are a few aspects I am not so crazy about - and this video will show you clearly whether these presets offer the tweakability you need or not.

As usual, details of how to win one of 5 IAPs for ANY Korg Module or Korg Module Pro preset pack are in the comment pinned at the top of the YouTube comments section. This is a great prize, as some of these IAP packs are quite expensive. Take a look at the stopper in Korg Module to see what is available. Good luck everyone!

Korg Module (Free to download):
https://apps.apple.com/app/korg-module/id1048875111?l=en

This video has timestamps

Please remember folks to help out the channel by not watching these behind an ad blocker, as I am sure you do not want to exploit your dear old Gavinski any more than YouTube is already exploiting him 😉. A lot of viewers do not realise that if they skip ads before 30 seconds is up, or without clicking on a link, the creator is unlikely to get any remuneration from Youtube. So when you view vids by Youtubers you like, watching at least one or two ads is a good way to support us. Thank you!

You can follow me on Twitter at @gavinski_s. I mostly only post music-related stuff. Also, if you enjoy the channel and would like to show your appreciation, my PalPal is
https://paypal.me/GavinskisTutorials I am very happy when people support me in this way, and will certainly take the time to email you to thank you personally if you do 🙏.

Comments

• Woop, woop. I already love this pack, but I'm looking forward to see what you did with it. Those are some serious prices also, getting ANY IAP in Module is really cool. Korg really did you a solid there :).

• Yeah man - glad you pointed that out cos people might miss it. Some of the Korg Module or Module Pro IAPs are around the 30 bucks / quid / euros region, so don’t sleep on getting a chance to win one of these! Would also be a good place for people to comment on their favourite preset packs in this. I really dig this Far North one, also a fan of the choir, not much of a fan of the pianos I tried.

• @Gavinski said:
    Yeah man - glad you pointed that out cos people might miss it. Some of the Korg Module or Module Pro IAPs are around the 30 bucks / quid / euros region, so don’t sleep on getting a chance to win one of these! Would also be a good place for people to comment on their favourite preset packs in this. I really dig this Far North one, also a fan of the choir, not much of a fan of the pianos I tried.

Did you try the Cinematic Pack for Hybrid? That one is extremly cool, and I also like the Organ & Clav expansion. My raffle entry is probably going to be the Triton though, I already own one of the Ivory pianos and I don't think I need a second one.

• I always get the Korg IAPs when they go on sale which usually happens when new packs drop.
    Got almost every single Korg & Module IAP apart from a few :)

• Cinematic pack, Lofi House one, also really great.

• Yeah Samu, I noticed you are a big Korg fan!

@Samu said:
    I always get the Korg IAPs when they go on sale which usually happens when new packs drop.
    Got almost every single Korg & Module IAP apart from a few :)

• oh, does Korg answered You? Wow!

• Well, it turned out that a guy from Korg is active here on the forum, so it all worked out 👍😜

@MAtrixplan said:
    oh, does Korg answered You? Wow!

• edited February 2021

@Gavinski said:
    Well, it turned out that a guy from Korg is active here on the forum, so it all worked out 👍😜

Goodie! This forum is full of 'free market research' even if the tone can sometimes be a bit spiced & salty 😜

• Haha, oh yeah, salty’s the word. I’m sure many’s the dev who has had their ego a bit bruised and broken by flicking through their apps’ threads on this forum lol.

@Samu said:

@Gavinski said:
    Well, it turned out that a guy from Korg is active here on the forum, so it all worked out 👍😜

Goodie! This forum is full of 'free market research' even if the tone can sometimes be a bit spiced & salty 😜

• @Gavinski said:
    Haha, oh yeah, salty’s the word. I’m sure many’s the dev who has had their ego a bit bruised and broken by flicking through their apps’ threads on this forum lol.

LOL, When I'm asked to beta apps I'm asked not to 'sugar coat' the feedback...

So while I might sometimes have a bit harshish tone it's all with good intentions to improve the apps and not to bash the developers. I mean it's better to get straight to the point than spend eons hopping that they eventually get it right :D

• I agree Samu. I'm sure you - and Korg - have heard of the concept of 'total quality' which originated in Japan and was one factor that allowed Japan to start dominating the consumer electronics markets back in the 80s, if I remember. Definitely, getting honest feedback would be an important aspect of that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_quality_management

• These are the names of the Korg Module giveaway winners and the apps they won. Congrats!

Anarogue (Ivory Mobile American D for Korg Module PRO)
    Thomas Tibert (Essential Complete for Korg Module)
    Mangoflightproject (Cinematic for Korg Module)
    Heinz Kunobert (Performance Expansion for Module PRO)
    Vlaad T (Essential Complete for Korg Module)