Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Igor Vasiliev is working on something new, BeatCutter

Comments

• According to the video's, it seems to me, that the app uses several loops, cut them into pieces and mash them up.
    8 loops, cut into 8 evenly spaced pieces, so you get a checkerboard of 8x8. Then pick out the squares in a sequenced way, and a add a fx-sauce to it. Something like Sector times 8.

• @robosardine said:

And you are not funny, or even mildly amusing. This was not an assumption ‘just based on the UI’ it was a direct quote from the Instagram page. Did you see the quotation marks? do you know what blurb means?

It was really a light hearted comment about a developer whose apps are notoriously hard to master. Sorry you took it so personally.

• @Identor said:
    According to the video's, it seems to me, that the app uses several loops, cut them into pieces and mash them up.
    8 loops, cut into 8 evenly spaced pieces, so you get a checkerboard of 8x8. Then pick out the squares in a sequenced way, and a add a fx-sauce to it. Something like Sector times 8.

I'm hoping it's more than that as glitch isn't really my thing. I thought Sector was neat, but I never used it for anything very much.

• How far are we for a beta taste or release?

• I think that it will be out tomorrow

• OboObo
    edited April 2021

I knew if i visited here, I’d walk away with at least $20 less in my pocket. You guys don’t disappoint! Now what time is it in Russia? Isn’t it like Saturday there already?! This looks so slick!

• Nice!!! Oh the chAos

• I heard he was thinking of calling it the iOStrakonizer

• Sweet jaysus Gavin ... what hath Gawd wrought?

That's very hard to dance to or whistle.

• edited April 2021

This is from the disco where the clown from ‘It’ goes on his days of from sewer duty @Soundscaper

• edited April 2021

I think I’m going to like it :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    I think I’m going to like it :)

Are we gonna be able to figure the damn thing out fully is the more pertinent question lol 😂

• edited April 2021

Pshaw! ‘Figuring out’ ? Who needs that when I can randomly stab at buttons in chimp/typewriter/Shakespeare mode :) It’s what I normally do...

• Is tomorrow the day? Like other Igor releases' He must love Saturday:-)

• @cian said:

@robosardine said:

And you are not funny, or even mildly amusing. This was not an assumption ‘just based on the UI’ it was a direct quote from the Instagram page. Did you see the quotation marks? do you know what blurb means?

It was really a light hearted comment about a developer whose apps are notoriously hard to master. Sorry you took it so personally.

That’s ok - thanks for the explanation and apology. All good 👍

• Are we there yet?

• Soon. I have made my vid and it will hopefully drop later today. Let me apologize in advance for the fact that this video might lack the clarity of my usual run-throughs. This thing is hard to understand but even harder to demo 😂

• edited April 2021

@Gavinski said:
    Soon. I have made my vid and it will hopefully drop later today. Let me apologize in advance for the fact that this video might lack the clarity of my usual run-throughs. This thing is hard to understand but even harder to demo

😂😂😂😂

• esoterique is wonderful !:)

• @Soundscaper said:
    That's very hard to dance to or whistle.

You don’t dance like I dance.

• We need a video explaining the midi update 😂

• there is a new amazing update 1.3 with new feedback-function... really fascinating!

• @banalytic said:
    there is a new amazing update 1.3 with new feedback-function... really fascinating!

I’m sorry, but that app is not for me. I don’t want to feel like I’m doing my taxes when I’m trying to make music.

• @NeuM said:

I’m sorry, but that app is not for me. I don’t want to feel like I’m doing my taxes when I’m trying to make music.

I am not sure if I understand you correctly ...
    is it about the fact that the app is very complex and that the results are somewhat random / difficult to plan ?!
    or a criticism of the user interface?
    english is not my mother tongue, so i am not that familiar with idioms ...;)

• edited June 2021

@banalytic said:

@NeuM said:

I am not sure if I understand you correctly ...
    is it about the fact that the app is very complex and that the results are somewhat random / difficult to plan ?!
    or a criticism of the user interface?
    english is not my mother tongue, so i am not that familiar with idioms ...;)

For my taste, the UI is a complete nightmare. Others may be completely at ease with pressing buttons with uncertain results.

I also found I was extremely displeased with the Phosphor synth app because of UI and performance failures.

• I’ve spent hours with it and barely got a noise out, definitely nothing that pleased or inspired me...

• @banalytic said:
    there is a new amazing update 1.3 with new feedback-function... really fascinating!

This…is…so…coooool…