Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NeSi xTrem by Neon Silicon

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1553303748

Description:

NeSi xTrem is an Audio Unit, or AU, for iOS. This application is simply a container for the Audio Unit and also serves as the documentation for the AU. xTrem must be used in some sort of Audio Unit host or DAW application.

NeSi xTrem is a stereo-stereo tremolo effect that uses FM based LFO's and includes VCA and low-pass gate based modulation of the audio signal volume. This provides a unique tremolo signature that is ideal for adding color and movement to instrument tracks.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 14.3
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• I want to salute @NeonSilicon. He just keeps making these great, interesting free apps, what a dude šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

• Thanks so much.

• @Gavinski said:
    I want to salute @NeonSilicon. He just keeps making these great, interesting free apps, what a dude šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

For sure. So thanks from me also.

• Yes thank you so much!!

• Thanks everyone. I'm happy it has finally been approved and is out.

Also, in the latest update to PhaseDelayArray I added a randomize button. I find that it occasionally produces useful results. I'd be really interested to hear if anyone else finds it fun or useful.

• @NeonSilicon

Been tooling around with Phase Delay Array ever since the randomising update ... really delightful and surprising bit of gear ... like having a collaborator chiming in. You're doing some lovely engineering work... a purple patch ... many thanks.

• iOS 14 only, Iā€™m holding off updating until the bugs are fixed.

• @White or anyone else have a vid of this in action?

• @NeonSilicon said:
    Thanks everyone. I'm happy it has finally been approved and is out.

Also, in the latest update to PhaseDelayArray I added a randomize button. I find that it occasionally produces useful results. I'd be really interested to hear if anyone else finds it fun or useful.

Amazing šŸ˜»šŸ™

• @richardyot said:
    iOS 14 only, Iā€™m holding off updating until the bugs are fixed.

Which bugs?

• @Soundscaper said:

@NeonSilicon

Been tooling around with Phase Delay Array ever since the randomising update ... really delightful and surprising bit of gear ... like having a collaborator chiming in. You're doing some lovely engineering work... a purple patch ... many thanks.

Thank you! Part of the reason that I added the randomize button is that I don't even know what it is going to do sometimes and I wrote the thing. I think if I actually sat down and did the math, I could probably show that it is a chaotic system. And that's kinda funny because the code I grabbed to do the randomization was stuff I wrote a long time ago when I was in school doing chaotic dynamics in astronomy.

@richardyot said:

Yeah, I've been holding off on doing this move to iOS 14, but I wanted to add in some support for mice on the iPad and compatibility with running these on macOS. Rumors are that 14.5 is going to be a big release. 14.4 might prove to be the most stable point to update before 15 hits. If you are lucky, the 14 bugs won't get you. I haven't been hit by anything since the initial preset problem.

@iOSTRAKON said:
    @White or anyone else have a vid of this in action?

It's pretty boring visually. I wouldn't expect many vids on it ;). I'm kinda serious. The effect itself is pretty simple. It's free too, so your biggest risk is having to delete it to recover space.

Thanks again for the nice comments everyone. It is much appreciated.

If you are interested in playing with these on a Mac, I've now officially released them all for x86 and M1 Macs on my website. They work in all the Apple hosts and Reaper according to my testing. They don't work in Ardour or Mixbus yet for sure. I don't know about other hosts at this point. They do require the latest macOS because I ported them using MacCatalyst.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@richardyot said:

Which bugs?

The disappearing AUv3 which has been an issue since the first release of iOS 14, although apparently it doesn't affect everyone.

@NeonSilicon thanks for the explanation about mouse support, it totally makes sense. I might take my chances and upgrade to 14 soon, there's your app and also some new instruments in GarageBand I would like to check out.