Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Finally! Inexpensive iPhone -> Win PC solution

I’m not on here much anymore as I’ve gone heavy into hardware lately, but I finally figured out a <$100 solution (sort of) for a reliable connection from my iPhone to Win10 PC (no audio in on phone so can’t use it as an out board effect).

• knock off cck with 2 usb inputs
  • Behringer Uac on one usb with optical out into my interface
  • Iconnect mio on the other usb for MIDI I/o

This way I can send clock from the computer into the iPhone (midi link sync) and sync AUM and then trigger notes from the pc and capture the audio out.

Side note: I also discovered that zerodebug is working on a new version of studiomux app and server. I’ll believe it’s functional when it works as easily as what I set up.

Comments

• Thanks for the studiomux hint! I gave up on it a while ago.

• SMUX is still a bit buggy ATM, although the latest beta version seems better.

• @rs2000 said:
    Thanks for the studiomux hint! I gave up on it a while ago.

Me too! Probably going on 2 years ago? It was an early app I purchased. Worked pretty well for a time. Definitely not a solution I'd bank on long term, even if they get it working again.