Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

-19 in '20 - new song by Daveypoo

A new tune using Fugue Machine, SWAM Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Trombone, French Horn & Tuba, Ravenscroft Piano, Blackhole Reverb, Crystals & Shimmerverb. Composed & performed in apeMatrix, mixed in Cubasis 3.

Hope you like it!

Comments

• That Flugelhorn is truly epic. Good use of Fugue machine to create a cohesive structure and build. Good job using the FX for seasoning and not as the meat of the piece.

Did you use any specific mastering FX in Cubasis? I'm in love with MixBox for that stage of the audio signal.

• @McD said:
    That Flugelhorn is truly epic. Good use of Fugue machine to create a cohesive structure and build. Good job using the FX for seasoning and not as the meat of the piece.

Did you use any specific mastering FX in Cubasis? I'm in love with MixBox for that stage of the audio signal.

Interesting side note - the Flugelhorn is not the lead. The Tuba ends up taking the melody as it was the most sonically different than the others on the mix.

Nope, no mastering. I don't have MixBox so I can't comment.

But thanks for the feedback. This was the first time I've been able to compose something coherent with sequencers - a piece with a true arc/beginning-middle-end - that is also performed.

Man, those SWAM instruments sounds sweet...

• McDMcD
    edited January 2021

@Daveypoo said:
    Interesting side note - the Flugelhorn is not the lead. The Tuba ends up taking the melody as it was the most sonically different than the others on the mix.

That's funny. No Tuba player could sustain that melody. I think each of these instruments are just limited version of the same "Physical Model" of a resonant brass tube. They could sell it as a "Brass tube" and we'd make Tuba, Trumpet, French Horn presets but they know how to make money from their effort.

• The accuracy of each instrument's performance was less important to me than the overall "orchestral brass" vibe. I don't have an attachment to each one playing in the correct range either, since I never played a wind instrument, so I just aimed for the harmonic feel I wanted. I think the SWAM Flugelhorn is actually playing the lowest notes in this...

• It's cool that SWAM allows the model to go beyond the physical instruments range because that boundary would force people to buy more of the apps... I hope they don't read this.

• Wonderful @Daveypoo. You should do more music, really.

• Excellent @Daveypoo , makes me look forward to the new SWAM instruments.

• @rs2000 said:
    Wonderful @Daveypoo. You should do more music, really.

I appreciate that - it's really what I want to be doing but finding the mental space to have some inspiration is the hardest part lately.

I'm trying - I do sincerely appreciate the encouragement.

• I wonder when SWAM will wrap up the beta and ship products? Based on what I hear I might prioritize the Tuba as #1 since it provides that mellower tone as compared to the Trumpet that I like. I tend to prefer Freddie Hubbard's Fluegelhorn over the Muted Trumpet in my mellow ramblings. If I buy the Flugelhorn first I won't get the potential low notes of the Tuba.

I expect SWAM will copy the GeoShred price around $15 at intro with a bundle of 5 for ~$50
    but they may set a new standard for apps of this quality since there isn't a lot of competition
    yet for physically modeled instruments.

• Very soothing track, Dave. Thanks for sharing.

Howard Johnson died recently. Played with Mingus, McCoy Tyner, John Lennon, The Band, Taj Mahal and more. Indisputably the best improviser on the difficult instrument.

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/22/959579707/remembering-jazz-tuba-player-howard-johnson

• @LinearLineman said:
    Very soothing track, Dave. Thanks for sharing.

Howard Johnson died recently. Played with Mingus, McCoy Tyner, John Lennon, The Band, Taj Mahal and more. Indisputably the best improviser on the difficult instrument.

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/22/959579707/remembering-jazz-tuba-player-howard-johnson

I'll always remember his fine hotels. Thanks for listening, Mike - I was hoping you'd give it a spin. 😉

• 6 Tuba Players walked into a bar... and played as an ensemble. Film at 11: