Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

#002 Ominous

Second piece I did last June, still with a tendency to throw the kitchen sink in. All backing played by Touchscaper with GeoShred leads. Turned out a bit Hitchcockian in my mind.

Comments

• This is excellent. Not enough genre mixing with the iOS crowd here. Guess it’s up to us 😉🥳

• Interesting piece Tony. Touchscaper, there’s one I haven’t tried yet. Still using it?

• @Intrepolicious , yes still using it. Rob is the developer who also produces moodunits which I think is his main priority these days. When I started last year it was more or less the first App I bought so have a soft spot for it. Not AUv3 but has 6 midi output channels + midi drums out so you can do a lot with one instance. I am not really into knob twiddling (nothing against knob twiddlers) so it works for me.

• @GeoTony said:
    @Intrepolicious , yes still using it. Rob is the developer who also produces moodunits which I think is his main priority these days. When I started last year it was more or less the first App I bought so have a soft spot for it. Not AUv3 but has 6 midi output channels + midi drums out so you can do a lot with one instance. I am not really into knob twiddling (nothing against knob twiddlers) so it works for me.

Ah! Moodunits I just picked up.

Not sure I want to tackle Touchscaper though, looks complicated. Heavy learning curve?

• Had to give a listen just because I never heard the expression "Hitchcockian" before. Interesting!

• @Intrepolicious , if you already have sequencers, generative thingies then it may not bring much to the party. Rob has quite a few videos on his moodscaper YouTube site and sound test room did a lengthy video on it. I found it easy to get something pretty good out of it but like everything it rewards further investigation and patience.
    @BladeRunner , after Alfred Hitchcock and mainly Bernard Herrmann who did the music for a lot of his movies.

• @GeoTony : it’s the Bernard Herman stabs that do it! :)