Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Polyphase iOS Generative Sequencer for iOS/iPad Video Deep Walkthrough (Winners Announced!)

Polyphase iOS Generative Sequencer for iOS/iPad Video Deep Walkthrough (5 FREE Copies to give away!) by Marcos Kohler

Polyphase is probably my current favorite generative midi sequencer. It is extremely well thought out, has some killer features and an excellent interface, and is fun to get lost in for hours. Most of all, it is probably the most musical generative midi sequencer for iOS. Not only that, it has a very nice and easy to use built-in synth. This would actually make a great first purchase app for someone buying a new ipad who wants to learn something about synthesis and generative sequencing, but also allows you to go super deep if you want. I love it dearly. I have 5 copies of this to give away to subscribers watching in the first 2 days - details are in the pinned comment.

There are also extensive timestamps (ensure you are watching in Youtube itself to be able to use these). Please give this a thumbs up if you find it useful, folks, this one really took days of work.

Comments

• The video that I need this friday! :wink: :sunglasses:
    Let's watch :heart:

• Oh nice, you've been working on this one a while I think, hopefully I'll get a chance to watch it over the weekend :)

• Will definitely watch. The sequencer lanes have always been mysterious to me.

• Plus plus etc. Thank you.

• Thank you @Gavinski for the timestamps in your video; so I started watching at 49.08 (Final thoughts on Polyphase): No AUV3, no Ableton Link, many crashes, etc. I'm not sure why you are so enthousiastic about this app...

• @Harro said:
    Thank you @Gavinski for the timestamps in your video; so I started watching at 49.08 (Final thoughts on Polyphase): No AUV3, no Ableton Link, many crashes, etc. I'm not sure why you are so enthousiastic about this app...

HaHa, the dev is very responsive, I'm sure he will fix the bug that is causing these problems. Watch the rest of the video and you will see why I like it so much @harro

@senhorlampada @ecamburn @JohnnyGoodyear thank you gents.

@krupa, yeah, a lot of things went wrong in making this, I thought it would be done days ago, it dragged on forever in the end, really felt cursed. But I am now very familiar with this, and it is a seriously great sequencer.

• @Gavinski said:
    Polyphase iOS Generative Sequencer for iOS/iPad Video Deep Walkthrough (5 FREE Copies to give away!) by Marcos Kohler

Polyphase is probably my current favorite generative midi sequencer. It is extremely well thought out, has some killer features and an excellent interface, and is fun to get lost in for hours. Most of all, it is probably the most musical generative midi sequencer for iOS. Not only that, it has a very nice and easy to use built-in synth. This would actually make a great first purchase app for someone buying a new ipad who wants to learn something about synthesis and generative sequencing, but also allows you to go super deep if you want. I love it dearly. I have 5 copies of this to give away to subscribers watching in the first 2 days - details are in the pinned comment.

There are also extensive timestamps (ensure you are watching in Youtube itself to be able to use these). Please give this a thumbs up if you find it useful, folks, this one really took days of work.

I can't get this to play my hardware...or for it to show up

• Overall it looks like this app has some great potential, but has some issues. However, it is early days, and in time it might develop into a really useful tool.

I think your point in the video about beta testing was good, and I’m sure this site will be a good source of beta testers if the dev wants to expand testing.

• Thank you for another excellent tutorial! Just in time too, as I had just purchased Polyphase this morning. Also bought Riffer, to which I’ll be watching your tut on that next.

• @Harro said:
    Thank you @Gavinski for the timestamps in your video; so I started watching at 49.08 (Final thoughts on Polyphase): No AUV3, no Ableton Link, many crashes, etc. I'm not sure why you are so enthousiastic about this app...

I personally never have any crashes, and my crash logs in Apple's Dev tools only show 4 crashes from users in the last 6 months (2 of which are crashes due to IAA and AudioKit, and 1 due to Apple's CoreMIDI). I can leave this playing and sending MIDI to Ableton and my Elektron hardware for hours on end. I use AudioKit for all audio related processing and MIDIBUS for MIDI. I tried my best, and there is only so much I can do in my free time. I will keep revisiting the code and work on making it better, however.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Gavinski said:

I can't get this to play my hardware...or for it to show up

How is your iPad connected to your hardware?

• One of my favorite app. Thanks @Gavinski I will watch this tonight🔥

• Your deep dives are the only ones I can get into, always showing unique uses. This is also my favorite generator on iOS, the only one beyond basic that I keep goi g back to. Cheers

• Great explanation in the video on why generative and semi-generative apps can be fun and useful.

• edited January 2021

great video watching now, always been curious about this app... also that plasmonic synth sounds amazing with that was on ios

• I'm really glad you made this video. I love generative apps and I bought Polyphase thinking I would love it too, but it never clicked with me. Your point about the manual lacking pictures is spot on. I think I read it 10 times and still never understood many of the functions of the icons until I watched your video. I will definitely be giving Polyphase another try now that you have demystified it for me.

• Price just dropped $1 down to $8.99

• Watched the vid. Nice work @Gavinski.

Just learning about the global button almost made it a new app for me. But talk about an unintuitive, basically hidden feature.

And I agree with you the synth is a simple beauty.

• Winners:

Spidericemidas
    Nitsuanate
    Scott Hutchinson
    Gerald Adamson
    Coloring pad

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

• thanks for the copy, but I already own this app. Maybe give my copy to another interested person?

• @Phil999 said:
    thanks for the copy, but I already own this app. Maybe give my copy to another interested person?

Sure, but which one of the winners are you? Your forum name and youtube name are different.

• edited January 2021

Great contest! Cool to see @Spidericemidas win!

I might have to go grab this one pay day

• Coloringpad! That's meeeeee! Yay!!!!!!!!

• @FlightManual said:
    Coloringpad! That's meeeeee! Yay!!!!!!!!

I don't know how to email you directly, so I pm'd you....

• Hi, it says in the thread description that the app is for iOS too but I just checked and it seems to not support it? (Iphones)

• @god said:
    Hi, it says in the thread description that the app is for iOS too but I just checked and it seems to not support it? (Iphones)

That just meant that it is for ipad, sorry if it is not clear. I personally only use ipad, if in doubt, always check the app store description and trust what it says there. It is not available for phone unfortunately

• @Gavinski said:

@god said:
    Hi, it says in the thread description that the app is for iOS too but I just checked and it seems to not support it? (Iphones)

That just meant that it is for ipad, sorry if it is not clear. I personally only use ipad, if in doubt, always check the app store description and trust what it says there. It is not available for phone unfortunately

Very unfortunately 😢

• @reasOne said:
    Great contest! Cool to see @Spidericemidas win!

I might have to go grab this one pay day

It was great timing as I was just prepared to pull the trigger on it in the app store! 😃 I’m loving it a lot. Not experiencing any issues with it. Generating some very pleasing ambient jams with my Continua and Alpha presets. 🕷