Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 Desktop Plugins/Samples Sales List

Comments

• @LoopyFruit said:
    Audio plugin deals Waldorf synth $19.99 B)

https://audioplugin.deals/ppg-wave-3-v-from-waldorf/

This is a really decent emulation (even if a little on the clean side compared the 12-bit grit of the v2.3 revision hardware original). It’s a great history lesson too as the PPG Wave was the first synth to popularise wavetable synthesis in the early 80’s.

Definitely worth picking up at 89% off!

I have a PPG Wave 2.3 with Waveterm (look it up) which extendeds it’s capabilites considerably. I picked the pair of them up for a song at Rock Bottom (Croydon in the UK) in the late eighties. Rock Bottom was on my walk to school and I use to go in there and play with the synth selection for hours on my way home from school. I reckon the staff knew they’d get cash out of me in the long run as they left me too it and even took the time to introduce me to every new bit of synth kit they stocked.

And fourty years later, the gear lust has never died! :)

• Not sure if this has been mentioned but Smooth Operator by Baby Audio has been on sale a while, $39, and is an intelligent resonance taming plugin.

https://babyaud.io/smooth-operator-plugin

You can download the demo trial. They also have a couple of free plugins.

https://babyaud.io/freebies

• 12 free 🙂

• 12! I wonder how high it will go...all I am going for now are T-Racks modules or Amplitube packs.

• @animalelder said:
    12! I wonder how high it will go...all I am going for now are T-Racks modules or Amplitube packs.

T-RackS 5 is quite good.

• @animalelder said:
    12! I wonder how high it will go...all I am going for now are T-Racks modules or Amplitube packs.

At this point I don’t really know what to take anymore, I got everything I needed. Now I’m getting stuff I’m unlikely to use, but whatever who knows :D

• edited September 2021

Looks like the cross-platform Sunrizer Synth has just been updated... boy, I hope it addresses the incompatibility with GarageBand issue.

Version 4.2.0

"- New reverb type added
    - Stability improvements"

UPDATE: No, the new version does not address the instability issue with GarageBand.

• @NeuM said:
    Looks like the cross-platform Sunrizer Synth has just been updated... boy, I hope it addresses the incompatibility with GarageBand issue.

Version 4.2.0

"- New reverb type added

• Stability improvements"

Those bugs could be the Garageband AUv3 issues on macOS as well as noted in the thread by the developer which will be fixed in macOS12 when it ships soonish. (Likely before the wnd of the month).

Time will tell though…

• @animalelder said:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but Smooth Operator by Baby Audio has been on sale a while, $39, and is an intelligent resonance taming plugin.

https://babyaud.io/smooth-operator-plugin

You can download the demo trial. They also have a couple of free plugins.

https://babyaud.io/freebies

Baby Audio are one of the new school of audio developers on the desktop to keep an eye on. Their “I Heart NY” plugin is a lesson in minimalist design married to quality output. Haven’t tried Smooth Operator yet but it definitely looks interesting.

• Not sure if it's allowed but does anyone sell second hand software plugins and daws on this forum?

I know some plugin vendors allow transfers such as Bitwig, Soundtoys etc.... which I'm looking for :)

• @Outtram said:
    Not sure if it's allowed but does anyone sell second hand software plugins and daws on this forum?

I know some plugin vendors allow transfers such as Bitwig, Soundtoys etc.... which I'm looking for :)

Try https://www.knobcloud.com - it's a site where you can buy and sell unwanted plugins - you need to create an account but they handle all the rest.

• @Outtram said:
    Not sure if it's allowed but does anyone sell second hand software plugins and daws on this forum?

There are no iOS transfers. The nature of the App Store wouldn’t allow it.

As for desktop plugins it’s most common with iLok protected plugins but other vendors have their own policy. Some charge to transfer, others don’t.

The problem for most is that there’s no way to prove that the seller has uninstalled the plugin. With iLok or Steinberg e-licenser protected plugins a security check takes place each time the plugin/software is launched. If the seller’s license transfer has gone through, they will no longer be able to run their plugin/software.

• @Outtram said:

You could try the buy/sell section of the KVR Audio site.

(Tip: avoid the rest of the forum there unless you want to get involved in pointless arguments and mud-slinging with people who have nothing better to do with their lives than argue and sling mud).

• Thanks everyone I hadn't heard of that https://www.knobcloud.com/ website before and it looks like KVR has some pretty good deals if you are careful.

iLok looks good.

• @Outtram said:
    Thanks everyone I hadn't heard of that https://www.knobcloud.com/ website before and it looks like KVR has some pretty good deals if you are careful.

iLok looks good.

Make sure you know who is paying the $25 transfer fee, it can be the buyer or seller.

• @Outtram said:
    Thanks everyone I hadn't heard of that https://www.knobcloud.com/ website before and it looks like KVR has some pretty good deals if you are careful.

iLok looks good.

ILok is far from good, but some of the bigger names such as Softube use iLok and it’s biggest plus point is that iLok plugins tend to hold the highest resale value (outside of UAD) should you ever want to sell a plugin. In that manner, it has parallels with hardware.

• 13 free 😵‍💫

• It’s funny. I never was in the market for any IK stuff and then this group buy thing came along and I figured what the hell, I may as well… I even bought in twice and am now seriously scraping the barrel to find 28 of their things I want. I know most of what I have I will never use, too.

smh

• fwiw, last day for the 30% off OwnHammer Labor Day sale is friday september 10. enjoy! /dan

• EastWest sale at JRR Shop put GROUP in the discount coupon box for further discount.

https://www.jrrshop.com/eastwest?dir=desc&order=special_from_date

• @qryss said:
    It’s funny. I never was in the market for any IK stuff and then this group buy thing came along and I figured what the hell, I may as well… I even bought in twice and am now seriously scraping the barrel to find 28 of their things I want. I know most of what I have I will never use, too.

smh

This is pretty much why I’m not biting. It sounds like a great offer and I’m sure that some people will be getting a bargain but I looked at it as if the 25 target had been hit and then at what my single purchase from it all would be and I realised that I would have been spending very small beans and then having to find 25 other packages for the same price and I don’t actually think there were more than 5 or so. Good hunting to everyone, I can see that there are some genuinely great deals in there.

• @ashh said:

@qryss said:
    It’s funny. I never was in the market for any IK stuff and then this group buy thing came along and I figured what the hell, I may as well… I even bought in twice and am now seriously scraping the barrel to find 28 of their things I want. I know most of what I have I will never use, too.

smh

This is pretty much why I’m not biting. It sounds like a great offer and I’m sure that some people will be getting a bargain but I looked at it as if the 25 target had been hit and then at what my single purchase from it all would be and I realised that I would have been spending very small beans and then having to find 25 other packages for the same price and I don’t actually think there were more than 5 or so. Good hunting to everyone, I can see that there are some genuinely great deals in there.

As several of us mentioned before, just buy one Syntronik synth and you're then covered up to 21 freebies (there are 22 synths altogether). You can then use them with the free edition of Syntronik. Little league for sure, but the total cost of EUR 60 offers a great deal in terms of value! :)

• @ervin said:

As several of us mentioned before, just buy one Syntronik synth and you're then covered up to 21 freebies (there are 22 synths altogether). You can then use them with the free edition of Syntronik. Little league for sure, but the total cost of EUR 60 offers a great deal in terms of value! :)

This ^

• @david_2017 said:
    9 fo 9 to celebrate 909 day

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/wav-samples/9-packs-for-9-production-master-909-bundle/

maybe its something for somebody in here

Good catch, thanks!

• @ervin said:

@ashh said:

@qryss said:

smh

For me, that comes under the heading of finding stuff to pad out the offer. I’m not looking for 22 synths. I would probably find something in there but again, I’d be spending the money in the hope.

• @ashh said:

@ervin said:

@ashh said:

@qryss said:

smh

For me, that comes under the heading of finding stuff to pad out the offer. I’m not looking for 22 synths. I would probably find something in there but again, I’d be spending the money in the hope.

Fair enough. When I went through the audio samples about a week ago, I found about 11-12 of the 22 that I liked. We have exceeded that number since. 🤷