Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tutoria: what you can do to a simple sine wave with TTAP by K-Devices

Comments

• Thanks I’ve been looking for ways to use this.

• One of the most extraordinary effects ever. Fascinating (mesmerizing?) on nearly anything.

• edited January 2021

I still haven't quite understood the role of the Section dial (top second circle on the left).
    Well, I get what's in the manual:

Section - This is a main parameter: it defines a section of tape, a length and a time resolution used as reference by other parameters. Section is the maximum delay range for the second tape (Gap percentage refers to it). It's also the time res/length of repeated segments, it's the length of tape segment bent by the bend section; it's the time resolution for the Spread. It's the length of the envelopes

And get interesting effects with it but it is always a surprise, I don't know what's going on. I could use a video tutorial on this feature with practical cases, like the one above.

EDIT: actually I'm going to copy/paste this into the YT comments.

• I bought this after watching the vid by @Gavinski and use it on sparse acoustic and piano.
    I also have not quite mastered the controls and I never like to be critical but I don’t think that video does the app any favours... it is a strange and marvellous creation.

• @rud said:
    I bought this after watching the vid by @Gavinski and use it on sparse acoustic and piano.
    I also have not quite mastered the controls and I never like to be critical but I don’t think that video does the app any favours... it is a strange and marvellous creation.

Good you say that, @rud! Just returned to write that I'm watching @Gavinski's video (for 2nd time) and that he explains it very well.

• @despego Yes, Gavin helped massively although I need to watch the bit again about the time and section controls. This and Yukawa (another Gavinbuy) make delay something else. That said, not quite understanding allows the surprise factor which can be cool.

• It took me ages to wrap my head around this thing, I'm glad people found the vid helpful. I still think it is really hard to dial things in. I think I remember even the reviewer from SoundonSound or one of those heavy duty sites saying something similar. So it's a fun creative effect but what you get from it is somewhat in the hands of the gods 😜

• Love the amount of controls in this thing. Not easy and straightforward to use but rewarding once you tweak it out.