Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My 10 year old is making music now: how about your kids?

My oldest took a stab at making a track the other day and wanted me to post it to my YouTube channel. He made it using an iPad app called Bandimal and made the video in LumaFusion.

So proud of him. Man. When i was 10 i was still playing with cap guns and running around like a foo. Love this kid and his creativity.

Anyone else have a youngster making music on their iOS devices? Please add to this thread

Cheers.

Comments

• Yep, just wrote a cool rock song with my ten year old son. He plays the drums.

• My 11 year old daughter makes stop-motion videos, but has taken all hers down from YouTube as she thinks she can do better, and has asked us to help her out with getting more professional equipment.

• My 4 year old got her first taste of playing with a sliced piano loop drenched in delay and verb on my Blackbox couple nights ago. She wants to play my OP-1 so bad but not yet lol

• That's a cool tune! It's gratifying when your kids end up being interested in something you value.

My kids are older. My 28 y/o son is a hobby guitar player. He has a really good ear like me so I think there's something genetic there maybe...
    My daughter is 24 and lives for musical theatre, (which is not really a kind of music I appreciate greatly, lol). She's committed to the whole singing/dancing/acting thing. She's a very good singer and quite good on piano and getting better on guitar. Not remotely interested in the technical appy side of things though, other than editing videos for social media.

I have quite a lot of trepidation at the moment as she has got a role in a Harry Potter show in the brand new Universal Studios Beijing theme park which is opening soon. If all goes to plan she will be leaving her safe, covid-free home here in New Zealand and heading to Beijing in February. I'm astonished, I never would have had the strength to do such a thing, and I'm so proud of her, but also so anxious about it. It's a 13 month contract and she's so excited about it.

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    My 4 year old got her first taste of playing with a sliced piano loop drenched in delay and verb on my Blackbox couple nights ago. She wants to play my OP-1 so bad but not yet lol

Did you end up getting the whole piano?

• My twins of 2 years today learnt to play do-re-mi
    -fa -sol-la-si-do on the keyboard😂
    They ended up throwing keyboards at each other😅
    Long way for them.

• The most I can get my kids doing is running around the house holding their iPads like a boom box while playing dubstep sound packs on Launchpad. So, yeah, if we ever hit the level of general interest in production I don’t think it’s going to be for awhile.

It’s ok if they don’t. I’m sure my dad was gutted when I had zero interest in cars lol. Just the way this shakes out sometimes :)

• @robosardine said:

@Gaia.Tree said:
    My 4 year old got her first taste of playing with a sliced piano loop drenched in delay and verb on my Blackbox couple nights ago. She wants to play my OP-1 so bad but not yet lol

Did you end up getting the whole piano?

Haha we have an old piano down in another building here in the land we live on. Both my 4 year old and my 1 year old love it

• This is going to date me but my 33 year old son is a published audio and visual artist. Here’s an example of his work (audio at bottom of page).

https://www.carefulcatalog.com/editions/care03

When he was in HS we collaborated on some electronic tunes, but he’s definitely moved on. :)