Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Time Signatures! for the love of Pete

124»

Comments

• Patterning 2 has the ability to change tempo and time signature per track. With Link this can be used to change tempo of other apps that support it. AUM, Audiobus, Ape Matrix will cooperate. Most DAWs won't.

• edited April 2020

@sch said:
    Auria Pro has both.

MTS too

• NS2/Auria Pro/Patterning 2/MultitrackStudio...
    Thanks @sch @wim @Littlewoodg will check those out.

Being confined to a computer to make my noise is getting old, at this particular moment, but who knows tomorrow. No hardware sequencer that I've tried cuts it. I haven't had the Cirklon but don't want it. The Spectralis was decent, but too cumbersome with its menu-diving and cryptic Deutsch parameters. Elektron is quicker but still need to edit on the PC. Squid looks cool but I'll need to edit on the PC again. RS7000 the same. May as well stick to BM3/Sonar and fiddle with the piano roll/Matrix again. Making audio loops in AUM with Midi AU generators is about the closest on the iPad though. That's the fastest, but it's audio. AUM Midi > BM3 is better. (Thinking out loud).

• edited April 2020

@Littlewoodg said:

@sch said:
    Auria Pro has both.

MTS too

+1 for MultiTrackStudio. It handles The Rite of Spring quite well. Here is a visual of the time signature changes in Stravinskys masterpiece in action (not created with MTS though). What is not shown is the tempo changes under control of the conductor...

Another example.

• edited April 2020

Something else some might love about MTS:

Will of course notate with tempo and time changes included. (Not shown but you can imagine Stravinsky here, the way he wrote it. Not available in any other iOS DAW)

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Something else some might love about MTS:

Will of course notate with tempo and time changes included. (Not shown but you can imagine Stravinsky here, the way he wrote it. Not available in any other iOS DAW)

What’s to love? That is truly hideous.

• edited April 2020

How about some audio of the above? Thank you.

Cheers @Moderndaycompiler (Goldmine sir, you get a free app, PM me; hopefully you're in the US) @Littlewoodg

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr Got any demos? ...Always curious about your handle...

• edited April 2020

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

What’s to love? That is truly hideous.

Maybe you’ll like this a bit more (function wise that is. The Brutalist GUI, maybe not so much)

There is piano roll too, naturally

• Regarding Cubasis' 48 pp> @Littlewoodg said:

@sch said:
    Auria Pro has both.

MTS too

Thie Giel Bremmers app?

• @GovernorSilver said:
    Regarding Cubasis' 48 pp> @Littlewoodg said:

@sch said:
    Auria Pro has both.

MTS too

Thie Giel Bremmers app?

The very same, screen shots above and

• @Littlewoodg said:

@GovernorSilver said:

MTS too

Thie Giel Bremmers app?

The very same, screen shots above and

Thanks. Any app that can handle the Rite of Spring tempo changes is impressive indeed.

• FYI - mid east drummer by lumbeat is onsale
    https://apps.apple.com/app/id1326542395?ign-mpt=uo=4

and it has a TON of pretty amazing odd time beats in it that sound awesome and are great for beat inspiration...

one of my pet peeves is apps that dont support arbitrary time sigs or at least 3/4/5/7/9... unless its a $2 app i'll research it and if it doens't support it i wont give them my money.