Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Another dead iPad Pro.

Hi,
My 2018 iPad Pro won’t charge. It’s run out of batteries so now it won’t start. I tried charging it while it still on, have tried everything , other chargers... plugging it to the Mac usb. nothing. The port looks fine and clean, also brushed it...
Thing is this is a replacement iPad, my previous one died about 2 months ago. Just got a black screen out of nowhere. I’m very worried.
I own 2 other iPads, a second gen that’s about 8 years old and a first gen iPad Pro that’s about 6/years and I’ve used like a madman. Never had a problem.
It’s still on warranty, I’ll probably get another replacement ... until it’s not on warranty anymore. This one lasted like 2 months, about the same as the previous one.
I’ve plugged it into the usual chargers, te usual power bank... nothing I haven’t used with the other iPads like 1000 times. The only new thing is a Satechi usb-c hub. And Satechi is one of the “expensive” ones, and widely used. Can a peripheral screw up an iPad to this extent?. Note that I’ve used it many times before and there’s nothing that links it to the problem... why the fxxxx did it die?. Just back luck?. Did I get the 0.001% bad unit twice in a row?. Argghgg. At least this time I had the iCloud service, hope it works.
Can anyone shine some light?. 🙏

Comments

• Same problems with mine. It doesn’t charge anymore. They replaced mine under warranty.
    Strange thing is that I have also a MacBook Pro 16 and also this suffers of this problem and sometimes it doesn’t charge. They technician told me to not charge Mac without original charger and I was using a third party one. Maybe is this that screwed all.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Same problems with mine. It doesn’t charge anymore. They replaced mine under warranty.
    Strange thing is that I have also a MacBook Pro 16 and also this suffers of this problem and sometimes it doesn’t charge. They technician told me to not charge Mac without original charger and I was using a third party one. Maybe is this that screwed all.

Third party chargers have destroyed my father’s iPad 2 and iPad Air in the past — battery performance was miserable in just a few months of use, until they finally stopped charging at all. I always use Apple cables and chargers from then on, and no problems yet with my Pro.

• @Eschatone said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Same problems with mine. It doesn’t charge anymore. They replaced mine under warranty.

Third party chargers have destroyed my father’s iPad 2 and iPad Air in the past — battery performance was miserable in just a few months of use, until they finally stopped charging at all. I always use Apple cables and chargers from then on, and no problems yet with my Pro.

Hi,
    I use the official iPad charger. Just occasionally do I plug it into a power bank, maybe twice in all the iPads life. Battery was fine until this morning when it wouldn’t charge, no prior signs.

@Charlesalbert was yours the latest iPad Pro too?.

I’ve used it all with the other iPads no problem whatsoever.
    As for the Satechi USB adapter... that just transmits power. I doubt it could cause the harm

• Obviously you've tried the safety-pin-cleaning-out-the-lightning-port trick, right? Don't mean to be insulting, but I've been on the cliff when suddenly...things just work.

And are you by any chance still on iOS 13?

• Try putting your iPad into DFU mode.
    Don't complete the procedure simply start the process.
    Sometimes it will give an iPad enough of a jolt for it to boot normally.

• Same thing happened to mine 3-4 times.
    Cleaned the port, replaced cables.
    The only thing that worked was connecting to the original charger.
    Haven’t had a problem since.
    Knock wood.

• @tahiche said:

@Eschatone said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Hi,
    I use the official iPad charger. Just occasionally do I plug it into a power bank, maybe twice in all the iPads life. Battery was fine until this morning when it wouldn’t charge, no prior signs.

@Charlesalbert was yours the latest iPad Pro too?.

I’ve used it all with the other iPads no problem whatsoever.
    As for the Satechi USB adapter... that just transmits power. I doubt it could cause the harm

Yes the Pro 2020, 12.9

• @Gravitas said:
    Try putting your iPad into DFU mode.
    Don't complete the procedure simply start the process.
    Sometimes it will give an iPad enough of a jolt for it to boot normally.

Can’t put it in DFU mode. You mean with button combinations right?. Can’t, won’t do anything.
    I have a n appointment at Apple store. I don’t think I’ve done anything wrong. Is buying a 40€ Satechi dongle “dangerous”?. I’m afraid to tell them I’ve used anything that’s not an original Apple brand Accessory. It sucks.
    As is said, same chargers and same use never had a problem with my other iPads. I’m actually writing from my 1st gen Pro right now. Battery doesn’t last long, but its expected after 8 years. Even if I get a replacement the warranty is about to expire and I have cero confidence it won’t happen again. It’s not like I can say “fxxxck iPads” either cos I’ve spent hundreds in apps.

• @Ben said:
    Same thing happened to mine 3-4 times.
    Cleaned the port, replaced cables.
    The only thing that worked was connecting to the original charger.
    Haven’t had a problem since.
    Knock wood.

Same here. I did god knows what damage messing about with a safety pin in the poor lighting port and it turns out all I needed was the original charger to spring it back to life.

• edited December 2020

Hi @tahiche! How long did you hold the buttons for DFU? Sometimes you have to hold it a little longer than normal until the Apple symbol shows. I’ve noticed some 3rd party blocks run hot.

• @tahiche said:

Can’t put it in DFU mode. You mean with button combinations right?. Can’t, won’t do anything.

I hear you.
    It was worth the try.

I have a n appointment at Apple store. I don’t think I’ve done anything wrong. Is buying a 40€ Satechi dongle “dangerous”?. I’m afraid to tell them I’ve used anything that’s not an original Apple brand Accessory. It sucks.

If the Satechi dongle was designed to be used
    with an iPad then you've done nothing wrong.

As is said, same chargers and same use never had a problem with my other iPads. I’m actually writing from my 1st gen Pro right now. Battery doesn’t last long, but its expected after 8 years.

The battery on my iPad Pro is exactly the same so
    I leave it plugged in without any problems when I use it for writing.

Even if I get a replacement the warranty is about to expire and I have cero confidence it won’t happen again. It’s not like I can say “fxxxck iPads” either cos I’ve spent hundreds in apps.

I hear you.
    See what the Apple ,'geniuses', say.