Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.2 and iOS 14.3

Just a quick report on CB3 and 14.3. So far, so good. No problems loading anything, instruments or FX . five instances of GeoSWAMs, 2 Ravenscroft, 3 BeatHawk s, etc., all good, along with 7 other high use apps.

I did turn the audio engine off. My 2016 Pro2 is not multi core, anyway. In order to get those 17 tracks crackle free I had to go to 42.7 ms. latency. CPU under 4% (!!?? Why so low?) DSP under 70%. Could certainly go to 20 tracks, I think, without freezing. That’s a vast improvement with the 3.2 CB update and the new latency options.

At 21.3 ms latency crackles galore on 17 tracks, 14 tracks, were fine, however, still with the Ravenscrofts and SWAMs in action.

At 10.7 about 11 tracks with approx 10% cpu. I realize this is not very scientific delving, but it gives me an idea, I think, for my usage.

Alltho I did not do an A B comparison with the earlier version of CB3 I am reasonably sure I see and hear a big improvement with the AU plugin aspects. Also, 14.3 does not seem to strike fear into CB3 as @LFS counseled. Indeed, as he said, an improvement over iOS 13.7. This was on my smaller Pro. Tomorrow I take the plunge with my 12.9 and load up 14.3. Merry Xmas to me, fa la la la la.... la la la la!

Comments

• Wow.
    That is impressive.
    I been thinking of getting a Pro soon.
    Still going good with my Air2, but I would never even attempt what you are describing.

• After a rocky first few months, C3 is really starting to mature nicely.

• @CracklePot the higher latency makes it possible. Wouldn’t that work on your Air2? Any drawbacks to a 46 ms latency? I haven’t tried it with a keyboard.