Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ARGON Synth updated with Audiobus and more ($0.99 sale)

Finally, this is an awesome little synth...Works and looks just fine on iPad using the iPhone retina resolution iOS 7 provides.

Audiobus

Virtual MIDI (in)

Background audio

4" support

(On sale at $0.99) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/argon-synth/id347507436?mt=8

Comments

• Fantastic news! Really had no hope anymore that this one would get AB - until the Xenon-Update came out.

• Nice surprise update for the weekend.

• edited April 2014

Question: It make sense having Xenon? Thanks.

• Wow, just had a weird experience. Tried to buy at full price but was told the app is being modified. 10 mins later got it at a discount. Close shave!

• ...which is a good thing coz I'll probably never use it

• @fjcblanco said:

Question: It make sense having Xenon? Thanks.

It is different from the two synths in Xenon. Different mods/LFO possibilities. I think it sounds great, is a lot of fun to use and program. 99c is a bargain. The right question to ask would be - "do I need another synth?" (and the answer to that is obviously yes;)

• edited April 2014

It has a step sequencer and 128 presets 5mb?!? Uh yeah, I think I'd buy apps at 99 cents perpetually if they work with AB and offer that.

Edit: Wait though, Xenon does have a piano roll editor and is 2.99. How much was it before?

• edited April 2014

It's the best analog synth fun you can have for $0.99 - now that it's on the bus esp.
    Very rich set of features: 3 VCOs, 3 LFOs (separate pitch, VCF, VCA) and envelopes, 24,18,12,6,HP,BP filters, 2xFM, Amp with EQ, Sync, S&H, noise, etc. etc.

It's not for everyone. If you love 500 presets, then you might find it daunting ;-) But if you love twiddling the knobs on a synth, this is right up your street!

The sounds are clean and clear, the interface while very non-skeuomorphic (and I love skeuomorphic), is just right for this particular synth - clean access to all the features.

• @StormJH1 said:

Edit: Wait though, Xenon does have a piano roll editor and is 2.99. How much was it before?

Right now it's 40 % disccount, and a half from his highest price ever.

• @MusicInclusive - Thanks for the review! I think the 99 cent one makes more sense for me. I have Caustic to use with a piano roll and that's getting on the bus soon. I will check out Argon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Too bad they removed SynthStation25 support with the update.

Am I the only one still using one?

Guess that's why I bought MIDI Bridge...

• @drelbs
    That's lame! I wonder why they would remove support?

• edited April 2014

@ChrisG said:

The right question to ask would be - "do I need another synth?" (and the answer to that is obviously yes;)

You was right. Inevitable...

• It ain't bad! There's some cool arppegiated presets and a good variety of tones. Sometimes the older synths (even a mono one like this) connect with me more quickly because you don't load it up and hear everything drowned out with effects and delay. Sunrizer and Magellan are obviously much deeper apps and you can make your own or strip the effects away, but I'd rather start with a great base tone and add that stuff later.

Any way in Argon to move the output meter display to the screen where you actually play the keyboard? That's a pet peeve of mine because I like to know if I'm too loud as I'm laying down a part.

• One question:

In the main page, there are 8x8 presets. But pressing "Bank" you go to "User Tone Banks" and I'm confussed with what I can do here.
    Maybe I only have a bad day, but any help will be appreciated.

• Many of the different synth apps have additional presets contained in "banks". There is one alternate bank provided by Sinevibes. If you click on that, you get 64 different presets from the normal 8x8 selection grid (hence the 128 presets they advertise). It can be confusing, however, because the presets are not named, so I have a terrible time remembering what or where they are. (Come to think of it, Cassini is by the same people and has the same issue!)

• Is my second synth I bought after Nlog Midisynth so many years ago....cool

• edited April 2014

Thanks!
    I mean, in "Master" page you have , by default, the "Factory Preset Banks", but you can load instead of it the "Sinevibes Bank", so you can't have at the same time the 2x64 presets, but you have to switch between them...
    ...or am I wrong?

• That's correct @fjcblanco. You have two banks with 64 patches in each, plus eight user banks of 64 patches each. If you want to access patches in both built-in banks, you could save the patches you want in a user bank.

• Thanks for confirm that, @funjunkie27.
    I really don't understand why Xenon has a browser and Argon has this one.

• edited April 2014

Thanks @fjcblanco. I didn't know user banks exist. I did ask myself how am I going to add my presets without overwrite existing ones.

I also agree that naming presets is better than using letters and numbers system. We can save per bank a different type, like bass, leads, etc... But it won't provide a good flow.

• edited April 2014

Yes, it comes from the Synthstation age...