Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

dRambo

13»

Comments

• Keep in mind Layers are mixers so both envelopes output will be present together at the output, regardless of visibility. To have switchable envelopes you can use N-1 switches.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Keep in mind Layers are mixers so both envelopes output will be present together at the output, regardless of visibility. To have switchable envelopes you can use N-1 switches.

There are three Layers Modules.
    One of them, the ,'Layers Module', has individual signals out
    which makes having switchable envelopes possible.

Here's a screenshot showing the signal outs;

• Would this be a > @Gravitas said:

@sigma79 said:

Looks rad man.

Thanks man.

I wanna see a hardware version in the wall, with macros so synth moves like a conveyerbelt ( pointless I know )

If this can be built in hardware then we may
    actually get to see it move like a conveyor belt.
    That would be quite something. :)

It would have to be good otherwise its silly.

• @sigma79 said:

Well, obviously it will have to good I'm not going to build that for it just to be silly.
    For the silliness factor I could just print out the screenshot, laminate it
    and have it move on the wall using brush fan motors with flashing LED's
    with the iPad tucked away someplace making the sounds. Lololol.

• A touch screen wall would be better. Designed for drambo but the wall would be lego and transparent enough to see modules. Drambo need more knobs. Add a lego piece. All BT. Or a redesigned drambo that is like a picture frame so that ipad will fit into frame. Just like it would on the screen. Stand against the wall as if you are a painter. I think it would be ok ( with the ipad as the map )

• @sigma79 said:
    A touch screen wall would be better. Designed for drambo but the wall would be lego and transparent enough to see modules. Drambo need more knobs. Add a lego piece. All BT. Or a redesigned drambo that is like a picture frame so that ipad will fit into frame. Just like it would on the screen. Stand against the wall as if you are a painter. I think it would be ok ( with the ipad as the map )

Dont think you would need a special screen with the ipad map. Just lego blocks ( BT ) AR glasses or just blocks that have a colour outline plus a bigger ipad ( with the abilty to switch drambo to just coloured outlines ) Then simply. FM. DRUM etc.

• @sigma79 said:
    A touch screen wall would be better.

The printed screenshot was silliness factor.

Designed for drambo but the wall would be lego and transparent enough to see modules. Drambo need more knobs. Add a lego piece. All BT. Or a redesigned drambo that is like a picture frame so that ipad will fit into frame.

A touchscreen for the wall?
    With knobs on?

You do know that you can get these things

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/tuna-knobs

• @Gravitas said:

@sigma79 said:

Well, obviously it will have to good I'm not going to build that for it just to be silly.
    For the silliness factor I could just print out the screenshot, laminate it
    and have it move on the wall using brush fan motors with flashing LED's
    with the iPad tucked away someplace making the sounds. Lololol.

Looks a cool synth build though.

• @sigma79 said:

Looks a cool synth build though.

Thanks.
    It's getting there.

• edited January 2021

@Gravitas said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Keep in mind Layers are mixers so both envelopes output will be present together at the output, regardless of visibility. To have switchable envelopes you can use N-1 switches.

There are three Layers Modules.
    One of them, the ,'Layers Module', has individual signals out
    which makes having switchable envelopes possible.

Here's a screenshot showing the signal outs;

Awesome! So much catching up to do after a short break :)
    Thanks!

• @0tolerance4silence said:

Awesome! So much catching up to do after a short break :)

There always is. :)

Thanks!

No worries.

• Is there a drambo setting that will play a sample loaded in flexisampler automatically? Or a way of triggering a sample without stopping and starting the transport!? Thanks

• @sevenape said:
    Is there a drambo setting that will play a sample loaded in flexisampler automatically? Or a way of triggering a sample without stopping and starting the transport!? Thanks

Hi. Have you tried using the gate input?

You might find more Drambo help in the BeepStreet forum, instead of waking up this old thread.

• @uncledave said:

@sevenape said:
    Is there a drambo setting that will play a sample loaded in flexisampler automatically? Or a way of triggering a sample without stopping and starting the transport!? Thanks

Hi. Have you tried using the gate input?

You might find more Drambo help in the BeepStreet forum, instead of waking up this old thread.

thanks I'll give both a go!!

• Happy Birthday dRambo.

• edited April 1

@Gravitas said:
    Happy Birthday dRambo.

+1

Thank you to dRambo (and Gravitas for his tutoring) for getting me to this point

I also discovered : Op-1f + drambo [+ hub/hardware] = awesome

• @yellow_eyez said:

@Gravitas said:
    Happy Birthday dRambo.

+1

Thank you to dRambo (and Gravitas for his tutoring) for getting me to this point

No worries.

I also discovered : Op-1f + drambo [+ hub/hardware] = awesome

Oh….I’m intrigued.

Sounds awesome.

• @Gravitas said:
    Happy Birthday dRambo.

Reading your OP was so inspiring. 🫡 Respect!

Happy Birthday dRambo!

• @Luxthor said:

@Gravitas said:
    Happy Birthday dRambo.

Reading your OP was so inspiring. 🫡 Respect!

Thank you. 🙏🏾