Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ChordPolyPad 2.0.4 - including AU version!

App "ChordPolyPad"

Developer: Laurent Colson
URL: https://apps.apple.com/app/chordpolypad/id694599930

Minimum OS Version: 11.0
Universal: Yes
Price: $14.99

DESCRIPTION:

"ChordPolyPad" is a MIDI chords player that allows you to create chord sets from a large internal library, from any combination of notes, or from chords generated randomly. Each set consists of 8 groups of 16 pads, or 2 groups of 64 pads. In addition to play chords, each pad can generate customizable MIDI controls on its horizontal and vertical axis.

It can be used as a standalone application or an Audio Unit MIDI effect plug-in.

The application supports full internal and external MIDI connections for input and output. An internal sound bank is included.

The Audio Unit MIDI effect plug-in supports multiple instances. A compatible host is required to run the plug-in. The host needs to support the Audio Unit MIDI effect format.

Features:

• Standalone application and Audio Unit MIDI effect plug-in
• 8 groups of 16 pads or 2 groups of 64 pads by preset (128 pads)
• MIDI port and MIDI channel assignable for each pad
• Customizable X/Y controller for each pad
• Velocity assignable for each chord note
• Strumming setup by pad
• Copy and paste for pads and groups
• Draggable chords directly from library
• Searching for chords available in a defined scale
• Random chords for instant inspiration
• Multitasking
• Internal sound bank
• Receiving MIDI notes and control from external devices
• Send MIDI to a virtual port that can be used as MIDI input by other "Core MIDI" compatible applications
• Presets manager
• "Program Change" support
• Preset sharing support by "AirDrop", "Mail", "Message" and other available services
• Native iCloud support
• "Files" application support
• Full support of "Split View" and "Slide Over"
• Undo/Redo

Supported MIDI connections:

• Virtual "Core MIDI" connections between applications
• iOS compatible MIDI interface
• MIDI over Wifi
• MIDI over Bluetooth

Documentation:

https://dev.laurentcolson.com/medias/chordpolypad/ChordPolyPad.pdf

RELEASE NOTES: Version 2.0.3

• Development and addition of the Audio Unit version of ChordPolyPad
• The ‘Real Time Transposition’ setup is now part of the preset and is called ‘Global Transposition’ from the main pad view
• The MIDI triggering mode is now part of the ‘Pads Setup’ and can be saved and recalled with the preset
• The 16 or 64 pads setup is now saved and recalled with the preset
• Added a MIDI triggering order to dispatch MIDI notes from ‘Top to bottom’ or ‘Bottom to top’ on a group
• Option to reset the MIDI control used on the pad when released
• Added 64 pads setup to the iPhone version
• Possibility to share presets by "AirDrop", "Mail", "Message", and other available services
• Fixed an Audio Unit issue with BeatMaker 3 and NanoStudio 2
• Bugs fixed

Comments

• The release notes show 2.0.3, but the text seems the same as from 2.0.4 as directly seen in the AppStore.

This download of App texts seems to be buggy :#

• tjatja
    edited December 2020

Shows up as AU MIDI sender and AU MIDI effect in AudioBus :) :) :)

And as AU MIDI processor in AUM.

• Excellent app.

• @rs2000 said:
    Excellent app.

Yep, love it greatly!

• Back then pairing it with Step Poly Arp was great. Now with so many other midi tools, imagine the possibilities :yum:

• This is major. One of the few chord apps I don’t have.

• Admittedly, I haven't been paying attention, but his is a new AU as of today?
    Was just messing around, and it's so useful.

• I’m so confused...... this went AU some time ago?? I have it installed with this version already?

• If there's a canon this is in it.

• @onerez said:
    I’m so confused...... this went AU some time ago?? I have it installed with this version already?

Went AU with version 2.0 over a month ago. There's a thread about it already. Patch notes just aren't updated with the current fixes. I imagine it's just squashing some bugs.

• I don't know how I missed it. I'm so happy it's AU. Carry on, then!

• Is it possible to have this in aum triggering a synth and let it be sequenced by atom for example?

• @Gus82 said:

Is it possible to have this in aum triggering a synth and let it be sequenced by atom for example?

ChordPolyPad going over Atom into a Synth?

Sure:

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@onerez said:
    I’m so confused...... this went AU some time ago?? I have it installed with this version already?

Went AU with version 2.0 over a month ago. There's a thread about it already. Patch notes just aren't updated with the current fixes. I imagine it's just squashing some bugs.

I did not notice this or saw the thread, sorry.

Was just so excited to see the release notes :) :) :)

• Ah Thanks!

Can choose sustain per pad?

• I Meant a synth being triggerd by polychordpad and polychordpad being seq by atom

• @Gus82 said:
    Ah Thanks!

Can choose sustain per pad?

I searched the manual for that, but it seems not:

https://dev.laurentcolson.com/medias/chordpolypad/ChordPolyPad.pdf

But then, as I often see, the developer does seem to see it necessary to add a version number to the manual or to add the version number of the App that is depicted in the manual.

Very strange behavior...

• tjatja
    edited December 2020

@Gus82 said:
    I Meant a synth being triggerd by polychordpad and polychordpad being seq by atom

ChordPolyPad

Yes, why not?

Just configure what you want in the MIDI connections of AUM.

With this version, you can then change single notes into chords!

• Ok i could not get this to work with the tonality pads/chord Au midi unit.

• @Gus82 Hey! What exactly are you trying to do with Tonality?

• I want atom to trigger the tonality pad chords and they inturn trigger Neo soul keys

• edited December 2020

@Gus82 You can definitely do that! Did you try MIDI learn to assign triggers to pads? There are also automation parameters for navigation

This is the button which triggers MIDI learn - from there you just hold down a pad and play a note to assign

And these are some of the automation parameters you could use if you don’t want to assign notes to each pad

• Ok thanks, gonna try

• @tja said:

@Gus82 said:

Is it possible to have this in aum triggering a synth and let it be sequenced by atom for example?

Sure:

What is the relationship between Atom and CPP here? Is CPP transposing a sequence in Atom?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@tja said:

@Gus82 said:

Sure:

What is the relationship between Atom and CPP here? Is CPP transposing a sequence in Atom?

I’m guessing yes