Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why do human beings like listening to music?

124»

Comments

• @HotStrange said:

@Luxthor said:

@HotStrange said:

@Luxthor said:
    Another resurrection?! Halloween is near! 🎃👻🍬

It is indeed! Been watching as many scary movies as possible 👻 🍿

We traditionally play “Ghost Stories” and “The Bloody Inn” with random classic horror movies as background sounds. 👻🎲

I don’t think I know The Bloody Inn. Podcast? Or TV Show?

Those are fantastic board games. You know, friends and family, laugh, argue clinic, drink, snack, noises and music from classic horror movies in the background, etc. 😂

• @Luxthor said:

@HotStrange said:

@Luxthor said:

@HotStrange said:

@Luxthor said:
    Another resurrection?! Halloween is near! 🎃👻🍬

It is indeed! Been watching as many scary movies as possible 👻 🍿

We traditionally play “Ghost Stories” and “The Bloody Inn” with random classic horror movies as background sounds. 👻🎲

I don’t think I know The Bloody Inn. Podcast? Or TV Show?

Those are fantastic board games. You know, friends and family, laugh, argue clinic, drink, snack, noises and music from classic horror movies in the background, etc. 😂

Oh sweet! Me and the wife love board games! I’ll have to check that out.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I'm not sure about human beings in general, but I can share my personal experience. I listen to Trance and EDM in the morning to wake up. I listen to Lofi when I just want to chill (which is what I'm currently listening to now via Spotify). I listen to Metal when I'm upset (my current favourite being Alestorm, but Leo Moracchioli's covers are also satisfying to listen to).

It's been a while but I used to get right into Leo's music. Awesome videos he made too, considering where a lot were made.

• @Ailerom said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I'm not sure about human beings in general, but I can share my personal experience. I listen to Trance and EDM in the morning to wake up. I listen to Lofi when I just want to chill (which is what I'm currently listening to now via Spotify). I listen to Metal when I'm upset (my current favourite being Alestorm, but Leo Moracchioli's covers are also satisfying to listen to).

It's been a while but I used to get right into Leo's music. Awesome videos he made too, considering where a lot were made.

Exactly! Amazing videos, especially the cover video of "Thriller". 😃

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

I listen to Classical and Jazz when I want to simply be in awe of the masters who came before me. I listen to melodic Ambient when I want to fall asleep (such as "Music for Airports") or really relax when creating art. I blast 2000s HipHop out my trunk when I want to recapture the glory days of my youth. (Yeah, I'm becoming "that old arsehole who thinks he's 'so cool'". 🤣 )

And from my personal experience, what I listen to before a gig on the day of the gig is what comes out of my fingers. So I listen to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album for tighter timing to my performance, and I listen to Vince Guaraldi for those sweet riffs.

Of course these aren't the only genres I listen to. I love all music really from not just Western musical practices but all musical practices, traditions, and genres from around the world. To be honest, music is how I survived some of the darkest and most challenging times in my life up to this point, and I don't ever see that changing.

In a way, music is a very spiritual and personal experience. No two people will enjoy music in exactly the same way. No two producers will make music exactly the same way. As the old adage goes - "your mileage may vary". 😗

Music is such a huge part of my life that I wouldn’t want a life without, genuinely. I’m either listening to music or making music most of the time. And as far as listening, I also listen to a little bit of everything.

I like some metal for sure but I’ve always been more of a hardcore/punk/metalcore kinda guy. I do have certain styles I like to listen to for certain things. Hiphop and electronic is great working/working out music. But my Spotify playlist has about 20,000 songs on it so a lot of the time I just put it on shuffle and see what happens 😂

Might go from Hank Williams to Daft Punk to Merzbow to Earth Crisis and back to Rick James in the span of 30 minutes lol

• Without reading any comments my guess would be that it is because we excel at pattern recognition

• @cokomairena said:
    Without reading any comments my guess would be that it is because we excel at pattern recognition

I agree.
    It's trippy to make patterns on my instrument and look over at four other people making patterns on their instruments. We all strive to make larger, more complex and deep patterns together, we lock onto each other's patterns, veer away for tension, then return. And I look out at the crowd and they are each moving their bodies in strange patterns in reaction to the patterns they are hearing and feeling. Totally weird and beautiful.

• Musique for me is like spiritual food, it helps my mood become better

• According to some studies I read, listening to music can help reduce stress, anxiety and improve mood. Music can create a state of relaxation and peace in the listener.

• edited April 11

My view on this matter is that the power and importance of picking the music one listens to is very powerful because sound frequencies/compositions have a strong effect on feelings. Feelings/emotions have a strong effect on your physical body (health) and also have a strong influence on your reality.

If you ever wondered why different people like different music, or why certain types of people like similar music, it has to do with consciousness and resonance. Your consciousness can resonate to music that is in within your range. You will find that people who enjoy similar music will often have a lot of similarities. Because theyre in a similar range of consciousness. This is something that can fluctuate. It also works the other way around, when you listen to a lot of music that is attuned to lower consciousness, your consciousness will eventually match this frequency.

So in my opinion our culture is foolishly underrating the power of music and using it carelessly which results in bigger problems than we normally adress on these forums. On the upside there is an immense potential to be discovered when people start to listen as much with their hearts as with their ears/brains.

And to answer the original question why people listen to music there are multiple answers; for the same reason people like to be around like minded people, to connect with others, to govern their moods, to improve health, to increase feelings, because theyre programmed to listen to certain music, because of ego, to be inspired, to assist acension, to reach alternate states of consciousness, to manifest etc.