Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Phosphor 3 is so much fun

edited November 2020 in App Tips and Tricks

just got phosphor 3 for £1.99 (In AD I trust) I didnt know what to expect to I watched tim webbs review which is here.

He mentions that its the perfect app for showing the output on a scope which got me thinking.

After getting a nice fm type pad going I thought I would try and send each of the additive oscillators to different channels and then route it into apesoft's Matrix great XY scope. Detuning one of the oscillators will get you the classic xy scope loop and then its time to start some experiments.

Adding a little noise to each osc creates width to the circle/spiral/pattern and then sending cross mod and all the other options gives you scope to start getting into mushroom territory (google oscilliscope mushroom). If you go to phosphor's additive oscillator waveform page you can add harmonics which changes the spirals on the XY scope giving a nice visual feedback of the sounds. Like you can almost play the shapes of the sounds. Add a chorus and a reverb and you also get some great sounds.

For me this is a nice distraction from making songs which Im terrible at and get technical. For me this is where AUM comes into its own, its just such a great place to get things going quickly. I remember the first time I got delays feeding back into delays inside Aum and moved into the feedback world of danger/fun.( Im sure you could do this in Matrix without Aum also, Im just more comfortable with Aum.)

Here is my little experiment lab video ...

Comments

• Like that track. Quite a meaningful loop.

Iv used Phosphor couple times. Whenever I get a synth I see if I can make an extended album ( until i get a decent system or not be lazy ) Will make another phosphor session but with 2 phosphors and another synth that resizes well. Volumes were mapped to nanokontrol and so were osc pitch.

Synths always distort this way but possibly good with some hardware or a daw.

The end track at 11.00 till end is a bit mad. Shows maybe some sounds you can get.

• Making extended albums. Learning synth as you go, then onto next synth.

• Just for chats.

All were link to a micro key with a sustain pedal. Held notes.

Ideally ( where iv got a nanokey ) find a way to sustain notes ( dont think it possible )

So microkey can play a different synth notes.

• Whoa that guy is still making videos?