Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio 3rd Gen & Audiobus

Hi,

I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio 3rd Gen, with Audiobus, Amplitube and LoopyHD.

I plug the guitar in, have Amplitube as the input and LoopyHD as the output and all works fine.

I plug the XLR microphone in and select Scarlett Focusrite as the input and sadly get nothing from the microphone in LoopyHD.

Am I doing something wrong? Will post a picture of Audiobus so you can see what I've done.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Yup, a pic might help.

• @scottmchenery When you use the guitar through Amplitude, I assume you're connecting to the input directly from Amplitude, not using AudioBus at all. So we're really trying to see if input through AB works at all.

When you try connecting to the mic using AudioBus, are you selecting the correct input? There might be a pull-right (>) next to the device name to select the input.

Are you able to route the mic input through AB to headphones, maybe through an amp sim to raise the level? Just to verify if input to AB works.

• edited November 2020

@scottmchenery said:
    Hi,

I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio 3rd Gen, with Audiobus, Amplitube and LoopyHD.

I plug the guitar in, have Amplitube as the input and LoopyHD as the output and all works fine.

I plug the XLR microphone in and select Scarlett Focusrite as the input and sadly get nothing from the microphone in LoopyHD.

Am I doing something wrong? Will post a picture of Audiobus so you can see what I've done.

Is it a condenser mic 48v? Input 2?

• @Bootsy said:

@scottmchenery said:
    Hi,

Is it a condenser mic 48v? Input?

That's a good point - might wanna make sure the voltage button thing is set right on the 2i2.

• @scottmchenery said:
    Hi,

@scottmchenery said:
    Hi,

Have you aLready tried rebooting and having just the mic plugged in to the and Loopy or Audiobus 3 or AUM running to make sure the mic is working fine on its own?