Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple M1 lineup

MacBook Air, pro and mini.

They are claiming amazing performance and battery life.

Can’t wait to read the reviews. I might pick up another MacBook Pro.

Comments

• I wanted a 16" but call me crazy i just ordered the 13.3" Pro (2 weeks until delivery). I think its enough for what i do and my pro 15.4" is going to die slowly.

• edited November 2020

Wondering if the new ipad pros next year will have the M1 chip.

• 16G Ram limit is pretty weak. Big disappointment for me on that one.

• Yeah, even the Mac Mini is limited to 16gb, odd decision.

• Yes, the 16 GB RAM is a bit meh and i wanted 64. But then it would cost 1000 more and now i can work still with just 8 (but its not great with sample libraries), so 16 GB is still an upgrade for me.
    My dream mac pro would be the 16" with 2 of these M1 chips (or a 16 core cpu then) but it would cost then also 4k+ for sure and i guess i do not need all that power and RAM for my work.

• Should I ditch my iPad Pro and 15" MacBook for one of these? I’m not exactly a power user, and I still find myself stuck between the two worlds and I’d really rather just have one device.

• @Clueless said:
    Yes, the 16 GB RAM is a bit meh and i wanted 64. But then it would cost 1000 more and now i can work still with just 8 (but its not great with sample libraries), so 16 GB is still an upgrade for me.
    My dream mac pro would be the 16" with 2 of these M1 chips (or a 16 core cpu then) but it would cost then also 4k+ for sure and i guess i do not need all that power and RAM for my work.

Yeah, orchestral libraries would eat all that 16G. Oh well, waiting for the 16” and hopefully by then, 64G available.

• Only 2 TB ports on the „Pros“ and 720p Webcams. 🤔

• @justice86 said:
    Only 2 TB ports on the „Pros“ and 720p Webcams. 🤔

At least they have headphone jacks.

• I think I'd be more likely to go with the M1 mini to start off with while they work out all the kinks. I wouldn't want to pay Macbook Pro level prices to basically pay to be a beta tester.

• @cyberheater said:

@justice86 said:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Don't poke the bear!

• @skiphunt said:
    I think I'd be more likely to go with the M1 mini to start off with while they work out all the kinks. I wouldn't want to pay Macbook Pro level prices to basically pay to be a beta tester.

Yeah the mini is the more attractive one for me too. At that price I’m almost tempted to give it a shot right away.

Curious to see how much of a performance difference the fan will make in the M1 MBP over the m1 air for intensive tasks.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2020

Look forward to the real world tests of performance, but it looks promising. Are all the M1s the same speed across different devices? As usual Apple's marketing spiel has not much actual information to compare with other chips so it will be interesting to see that in the next weeks.
    Also what is it referring to as “latest laptop chips.”

• @Carnbot said:
    Look forward to the real world tests of performance, but it looks promising. Are all the M1s the same speed across different devices? As usual Apple's marketing spiel has not much actual information to compare with other chips so it will be interesting to see that in the next weeks.
    Also what is it referring to as “latest laptop chips.”

Yes. I would like to know this also.

• I was hoping for a mini sooner than later. My 2012 Mini definitely needs an update. I’m very positive I’m getting a new M1 Mac Mini very likely now. I wonder if the GPU can work for some games.

What I am most excited about though is the great battery life a new Mac Mini will have with the new processors. The battery health on my current Mini is awful and it basically shuts down as soon as I unplug it without fail.

• edited November 2020

@justice86 said:

Yes but they replace the 2-port Intel powered 13” Pros. The 4 port Intel 13” Pros are still available.

Apple have said they will take 2 years to complete the transition. They have started at the low end replacing all the slowest Macs first. Makes sense as it gives them time to scale the chips.

The M1 looks a lot like the Z chip from an iPad Pro with 8 cores, 4 of which are performance, the other 4 efficiency orientated and 8 core GPU.

The new 13” M1 pro looks like it has the same processor as the Air but it will be faster as it has better cooling. “Thermal envelope” was mentioned more than once. More cooling = more performance.

The real “Pro” Apple silicon Macs are still to come.

• @DMan i have a late 2012 Mac mini as well and it does the same thing: immediate power off. It’s almost like the thing has no battery at all. Just useless as a portable for me.

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

@DMan said:
    I was hoping for a mini sooner than later. My 2012 Mini definitely needs an update. I’m very positive I’m getting a new M1 Mac Mini very likely now. I wonder if the GPU can work for some games.

They demo'd heavy-duty non-native 3D game in the WWDC spiel. It was running under emulation but seemed to perform very well.

• 2nd gen hardware is usually better. I always remember my iPad 3, which was ok but quickly replaced by iPad 4.

I'd want a Mac Mini with 32gb with M2 chip.

• @qryss said:
    @DMan i have a late 2012 Mac mini as well and it does the same thing: immediate power off. It’s almost like the thing has no battery at all. Just useless as a portable for me.

:)!!

• @cyberheater said:

@justice86 said:

Wonder if they come with chargers....

• @ohwell said:

@skiphunt said:
    I think I'd be more likely to go with the M1 mini to start off with while they work out all the kinks. I wouldn't want to pay Macbook Pro level prices to basically pay to be a beta tester.

Yeah the mini is the more attractive one for me too. At that price I’m almost tempted to give it a shot right away.

Curious to see how much of a performance difference the fan will make in the M1 MBP over the m1 air for intensive tasks.

The thing is... I’m way overdue for a new laptop. I don’t want to spend $2k+ on an intel one if they are transitioning to ARM, but I also don’t want to spend $2k+ on brand new tech either

• Nice that they can run iPad apps but fairly useless if still no touchscreen. If they bring out a MacBook Air with touchscreen and 360degree hinge at some point I’d prob be in

• Ok, excitement wore off for me. I have an iPad Pro and MacBook Pro. I'd love to ditch the MacBook altogether, and I actually might soon, but the damn iPad still can't do silly little things like update firmware for some of my hardware which is a pretty dumb reason to need to keep a MacBook on hand, but also kinda important. I can only hope this helps push iPad further faster.

• @DMan said:
    I was hoping for a mini sooner than later. My 2012 Mini definitely needs an update. I’m very positive I’m getting a new M1 Mac Mini very likely now. I wonder if the GPU can work for some games.

What I am most excited about though is the great battery life a new Mac Mini will have with the new processors. The battery health on my current Mini is awful and it basically shuts down as soon as I unplug it without fail.

🔋 ?
    Mac Mini?
    🤔

Just messing with you. I’m excited about the new Mini.

• @qryss said:
    @DMan i have a late 2012 Mac mini as well and it does the same thing: immediate power off. It’s almost like the thing has no battery at all. Just useless as a portable for me.

We should go to apple.com/feedback to let them know how bad it is as portable device due to battery performance. Nevermind that it’s vintage worldwide. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201624

• I ordered a Mac Mini. It seems it’s going to take a while to ship though. Late Nov or early Dec. I’ll let folks know how it works out.

• Mighty tempting to flip my Op1 for the m1 air... I have an unused Logic license sitting in my account

• edited November 2020

First benchmarks are in https://www.macrumors.com/2020/11/11/m1-macbook-air-first-benchmark/?fbclid=IwAR39kOJ0huz4UJorGf9rMPAPtZrFswR_RFgggRVcLF_5sTwBQ95M_FIk_tM
    Seems the new Air beats every other mac laptop in geekbench 5

So the new mac mini is faster than current macbook pro 16 (not as good for GPU tasks as the dedicated discrete GPU though)
    But for Audio and video editing it looks to be a very good buy.