Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum computer is out!!!!

Comments

• Any idear how I can sequence Flam using a Keystep Pro? You think it’s possible? Or am I better off using DC’s internal sequencer and using KSP to switch patterns?

• Bonus question:
    Can I add a midi command to change what instrument page I’m looking at? I’m planning comprehensive midi control and in some cases I can imagine it helps to not have to take my eyes of the controller.
    +1 for this synth!

• @_smund said:
    Bonus question:
    Can I add a midi command to change what instrument page I’m looking at? I’m planning comprehensive midi control and in some cases I can imagine it helps to not have to take my eyes of the controller.
    +1 for this synth!

I don't see any way to do that. Midi learn is done by long-pressing a control to bring up the popup. Those buttons don't bring up the popup so I don't see how you could midi learn anything to them. There are no AU parameters for these button functions either.

• @wim said:

@_smund said:
    Bonus question:
    +1 for this synth!

I don't see any way to do that. Midi learn is done by long-pressing a control to bring up the popup. Those buttons don't bring up the popup so I don't see how you could midi learn anything to them. There are no AU parameters for these button functions either.

There's always the iOS native "Accessibility Switch Control" option that can trigger any finger gesture you've recorded.

• @rs2000 Holy hell in a handbasket, I’ll come back to that sometime, next year? I wrote sugarbytes with a request about it, I will wait to I get an answer I mean^^
    And then maybe wait some more before I check out the iOS native solution

• @Crabman said:
    So,i bought the full version now and simply want to save own sounds to use in other kits.From my understanding it should be press“save“ in the menu on the left side.But as soon as i press it the menu just disappears and nothing happens…do i overlook something or is it maybe a bug in ios 15.1?

This appears to be fixed in today's update.

Version 1.1.2

• save engine presets bug fixed
    • undo/redo bug fixed.
  • great news 👍

• edited December 2021

No tambourine, no likey.

Hey, @jonmoore you’ll know, what’s a good drum app on iPad for tambourine sounds? I mean, sure I can fanny about with Drum Computer until I get something that sounds like I’ve made my own with a yoghurt carton and some tin foil or I can just use something that sounds more like one. I was thinking Hammerhead and my own sample but I cba to go and get my drive, plug it in and find one.

• @ashh said:
    No tambourine, no likey.

Hey, @jonmoore you’ll know, what’s a good drum app on iPad for tambourine sounds? I mean, sure I can fanny about with Drum Computer until I get something that sounds like I’ve made my own with a yoghurt carton and some tin foil or I can just use something that sounds more like one. I was thinking Hammerhead and my own sample but I cba to go and get my drive, plug it in and find one.

All my tambourines are Klevgrand Skaka these days. Bloody wonderful app.
    Couldn't you just load a sample into DC though?

• @FPC said:

@ashh said:
    No tambourine, no likey.

Skaka! Of course. Also, ‘of course’ applies to your other option.

• @ashh said:

@FPC said:

@ashh said:
    No tambourine, no likey.

Skaka! Of course. Also, ‘of course’ applies to your other option.

Loading tambourine samples in DC will be nowhere near as effective as Skaka. I may not like all Klevgrand apps but Skaka is one of their jewels.

• Sorry if this is a really basic question, but does anyone know how to stop DrumComputer pissing around with the pitch when it does fills?

• edited January 2022

@drcongo said:
    Sorry if this is a really basic question, but does anyone know how to stop DrumComputer pissing around with the pitch when it does fills?

Go in settings and set “pitch bend range” to 0. Thanks for motivating me to figure that out!

• edited January 2022

Doesn’t “Pitch” icon button in leftmost GLOBAL column (next to “Roll” & under “Random” ) turn this on / off for EACH instrument - if so you can mix it up .

• @RetroNewb said:
    Doesn’t “Pitch” icon button in leftmost GLOBAL column (next to “Roll” & under “Random” ) turn this on / off for EACH instrument - if so you can mix it up .

Hmmmm, I have this set to zero for all of them and the auto fills still pitch in weird ways. I've been working around it with by mapping the remix and manually setting fills in automation. Thanks though.

• @mjm1138 said:

@drcongo said:
    Sorry if this is a really basic question, but does anyone know how to stop DrumComputer pissing around with the pitch when it does fills?

Go in settings and set “pitch bend range” to 0. Thanks for motivating me to figure that out!

Ha, missed your reply when answering the one above. Thanks, I'll give that a go.

• @RetroNewb said:

No, that controls whether different midi notes will produce different pitches when you have multiple notes mapped to a single part.

• @drcongo said:

@mjm1138 said:

@drcongo said:

Ha, missed your reply when answering the one above. Thanks, I'll give that a go.

By the way, I think this setting is per-preset, so you’ll have to set it in each preset where you don’t want pitch bend.

• edited January 2022
    1. Anyone figure out a way to better organize USER samples? They're all in one big list, which is a b$tch to navigate.

2. I'd love to have a dedicated controller for DC so that I can basically make a machinedrum clone. Anyone using anything good?

3. It seems like in the keyboard mapping, only the first and last drum sounds can be set to pitch up or down depending on the note. Anyone figure out how to map zones where each hit is able to be pitched up or down via note? EDIT: The manual seems to imply that only the first mapped hit can be bipolar. Bah.

• @slicetwo I emailed SugarBytes about item #1 and I received this answer, on December 9th, 2020.

"We are aware of the subfolder issue, unfortunatly it's a big task and i can't promise a quick solution."

I still think it needs a better import system, in order to achieve its true potential, as one of the best drum synths on the platform.

• @Skyblazer said:
    @slicetwo I emailed SugarBytes about item #1 and I received this answer, on December 9th, 2020.

"We are aware of the subfolder issue, unfortunatly it's a big task and i can't promise a quick solution."

I still think it needs a better import system, in order to achieve its true potential, as one of the best drum synths on the platform.

Yeah. I love DC, but I'm thinking Sugarbytes isn't all that great on the follow-up/follow through on their apps.

• just saying.. This is a mean machine..

• edited December 2022

@drcongo said:

@Gavinski said:

@drcongo said:
    Has anyone worked out how to clear the sequencer pattern? I removed all the events and it still plays as though they’re there.

Haven't u watched my vid? 😂 It's all in there. In the global section on the right of the sequence page press the big X. If u only want to clear a track, press the X in the track section.

About to watch the video now! Thanks, though even with doing that I'm still getting it playing sounds in an empty sequence.

Did you find the answer? It’s the Remix/Auto 1 & 2 feature but I can’t find a way to disengage it.

eta: disengage it by choosing Remix.

• @ashh said:

@drcongo said:

@Gavinski said:

@drcongo said:
    Has anyone worked out how to clear the sequencer pattern? I removed all the events and it still plays as though they’re there.

Haven't u watched my vid? 😂 It's all in there. In the global section on the right of the sequence page press the big X. If u only want to clear a track, press the X in the track section.

About to watch the video now! Thanks, though even with doing that I'm still getting it playing sounds in an empty sequence.

Did you find the answer? It’s the Remix/Auto 1 & 2 feature but I can’t find a way to disengage it.

It should disengage if you select the ‘remix’ tab. The labelling is a bit weird there

• @FordTimeLord said:

@ashh said:

@drcongo said:

@Gavinski said:

@drcongo said:

It should disengage if you select the ‘remix’ tab. The labelling is a bit weird there

Thank you!

• qqqqqq
    edited December 2022

Is anyone else using DrumComputer as an AUv3 and is able to use the per-instrument "mod" cc parameter? I've mapped it via the mod section (I assume its the "Modify" source option) in my drum instrument, but the cc seems to do nothing.

The Pitch and Decay cc parameters work fine. I'm wondering if I'm missing something or its a bug. I've tried both in AUM and Drambo.

• qqqqqq
    edited December 2022

I got an answer to my question from Sugar Bytes. Turns out I misunderstood that the CC's noted on the settings page are for the sequencer tracks, so the mod cc there is for Seq 3 (the mod sequencer).

I had thought that you couldn't do midi learn on iOS (because the manual talks about right clicking), but you can via long press. Here is the info Sugar Bytes sent me:

ok, perhaps we should have made that clearer in the manual, but please note that the MIDI CC numbers for Mod as listed in the Settings tab of DrumComputer simluate the modulation that would have come from DrumComputer's sequencer modulation tracks.
    It's not the Modify knob on the Kit Page itself. Which means when you have a sequence in DrumComputer and you do a MIDI export (or directly feed the MIDI Out into another synth), the Mod modulation track from engine 1 gets translated into MIDI CC 88.
    This way you can feed the MIDI back into DrumComputer and the sound should be the same.
    Those CC messages don’t visibly control any parameters in the DC, but for example CC88 should control the parameter assigned in the Mod source of a MG 1 & 2 target and therefore definitely raise the Distortion of Engine1 then.

Anyway, what you could do is to long press the Modify control in the Kit Page, tap the left MIDI socket symbol and move a knob in the Send MIDI AU of Ape Matrix to assign a CC. Then it should work.

Edit: Turns out there is an iOS manual that I missed when googling. Having this would have saved much confusion.

• edited July 2023

does anyone have any ideas about how to get drum computer to hold a sustained note?

obviously as a drum synth it’s designed for attack and decay, the on-board envelopes are great for percussion

i’d like to get it to do some long sub basses, but the long decays don't sound quite right (especially from the resonator unit).

i’ve explored most options (particulary with the hold envelope) but maybe overlooked something, so thought i’d ask here

thanks!

• Bought this ages ago and have now started using it. It seems really powerful.

• I love Drum Computer. They’re very few things I can complain about with that app. But DCs sound engine is pretty cool too.