Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hmm...you guys should fix this.....

It'd be nice if you didn't have to relaunch all apps before calling them up as presets. Also, to recall presets via program change messages would make this more of a live music tool. Oh and updating loopy so it supports state saving. Then you'd have something.

Comments

• Can... can I do anything else for you, Sir? Coffee maybe?

• I take it from your dismissive answer that these changes are too hard to do? I just keep waiting for the iPad to become a usable live performance tool. So far it seems destined to be used by composers and hobbyists in a studio situation. If thats your goal, then awesome. The state saving is kinda cool, but because you have to go in after a restart and click on all apps to launch them seems to be missing the entire point of presets.
    The ability to call up presets via midi seems like job one to me, but Im not a programmer, I admittedly don't understand what goes into that. And loopy, seems to be dying on the vine. how many of those wish list items have been implemented so far? Updates are few and very far between. Ive pretty much given up on it. But the audiobus 2 preset thing gave me hope. The ability to recall loopy settings with some drum loops loaded along with effects would have been really really cool. Oh well.....

• edited April 2014

Oh, I'm sorry I misinterpreted your "Then you'd have something." as dismissive tone on your part. But I could have been wrong.

Just out of sheer curiosity: Do you ever get what you want from people when you ask for stuff like that?

Funnily enough we're already working on all of the things you mentioned above, though. The reason for that is that many other users have asked for it before you did, in a friendly tone.

• Hi guys!

It may be just misunderstandings, I guess.

Can't help sitting here smiling a little, still; a preset called "In-tune" would be really great for live settings on my guitars. Otherwise, I like coffee ;)

Thanks for a superb upgrade! (And sorry for being off topic)

Cheers!

• edited April 2014

Mmmm, I see the point...I think @Csewell is talking about on a kind of automatism...which would be great. I'm not a programmer, but it looks not easy as it seems. I can see buffering and ram troubles, and many chances of crashes, specially with several pipelines (not talking with several effects chained). On the other hand, if you're not playing live, you'll know which apps you're gonna open before you load the preset. I always thought on presets in a way of saving the adjustments of the apps involved, like now it is, but who knows the next?

So let's see what the future brings. After all, AB2 is barely a week out.

• Loopy... sales up 8000%, selling 10,000 downloads a day, since Fallon. Dying on the vine? I beg to differ.

• edited April 2014

Great thread.

• edited April 2014

edit:nevermind...

• Sebastion, my apologies. The update is great, just wish I could use it the way I need to. Again, its just frustrating that it can't be used live.

• edited April 2014

edit: meh

I'm liking AB2 a lot.

• @CalCutta said:

edit: meh

I'm liking AB2 a lot.

Me, too! Everything works fine... great job!

• I am using my iPads for the last two years very much in live situations, and they are performing very well. Since the introduction of Audiobus (and now, the faboulous Audiobus2!), things got sooo much more easy to handle live, that I can't thank these guys enough!!
    -But I guess, some people will keep calling it impossible for liveplay, or call it a toy, for ages to come, instead of taking what's there, and enjoy. Of course, it'd be nice, if everything worked flawlessly forever, in whatever setup I dream up, but there's too much expectation going on, with the (imo) wrong attitude towards the people who do the work.
    So, to put some more weight on the other side: Thanks again for the great tools, we are given, for prices, that are almost ridiculous!