Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Our Twilight Lives - Indie Rock/Shoegaze

edited October 2020 in Creations

This was a track I wrote about a year ago, originally in Gadget, but I revisited the arrangement and decided to add some guitars. Composed in Gadget, vocal and guitar tracking (and final mixing) in Auria.

The guitar tone was achieved with pedals rather than apps (Joyo American and Big Muff Ram's Head).

The intro sound is from Wavestation, and the solo is Berlin in Gadget with some extra distortion.

Comments

• Nice song and sound. I like this kind of thing, with the jangly guitar and synth touches. That Joyo pedal sounds pretty good!

• @SimonSomeone said:
    Nice song and sound. I like this kind of thing, with the jangly guitar and synth touches. That Joyo pedal sounds pretty good!

Thanks! Yeah the Joyo is great, I've had it a couple of years (I think I was the first to mention it on the forum). I think Overloud sounds just as good, but it's really quick and easy to dial the tone I want with the pedal.

• I was thinking a pedal like that might be quite good for live stuff with iOS as it would free up some resources for other things, even though I really like Overloud.

After I finished listening I felt I wanted to listen again. Really hooky chorus, and lovely atmosphere, so good work there.

• Sing it an octave lower and you’ve got a song from The National. Liked it a lot

• @SimonSomeone said:
    I was thinking a pedal like that might be quite good for live stuff with iOS as it would free up some resources for other things, even though I really like Overloud.

After I finished listening I felt I wanted to listen again. Really hooky chorus, and lovely atmosphere, so good work there.

I think the beauty of the pedal is partly the simplicity: you don't have that many options, just a few dials. You're not scrolling through endless lists of IR cabs or Rigs or amp models like you do with apps.

Also it's much more immediate for tracking: just connect the audio interface, arm the track and go. And the tone is good enough straight from the pedal that it doesn't need any further processing. What you hear in the track is what went into the iPad.

I used the Big Muff for the chorus, I haven't found an iOS distortion that beats it yet. So fat and warm.

• @mjcouche said:
    Sing it an octave lower and you’ve got a song from The National. Liked it a lot

Thanks, I love the National😻 Sadly, I'm never going to be a baritone 😯

• As usual, great work Richard !
    I second @mjcouche regarding the National vibe!