Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Velvet Machine dark ambient guitar

What it says on the tin. Guitar into the free fenderish amp + cab in THU, then Velvet Machine. In AUM, nothing else. Except an eye bleeding video.

Really liking Velvet Machine!

Comments

• Beautiful! Guess the app store is next. Non sequitur... try TTOV on guitar. My current favorite for delay-ish effect.

• Oh, that’s really nice! 👏

• It sounds great, but it's so crazy how it seems to have NOTHING to do with what you're playing.

• Thanks everyone :)

@Schmotown, yep have that too and really like it. Plus Yukawa. Yukawa seems to be my current go too. I love delay/verb effects.

@ExAsperis99 I know! It's 100% wet with about an 8 second ramp up of the effect. Strangely even at 100% wet, there's a tiny bit of dry guitar that sneaks through. But you have to wait quite a while until you find out what you've been doing sounds like with that setting.

• edited October 2020

Very nice, thanks for sharing!

As for the dry signal sneaking through, I'll check what can be happening there, but my first guess is that the actual mix value may be 99.5% or thereabout, rounded to 100% for display. If so, you may want to try turning it a bit to make sure it's maxed

• So curious how this compares to Valhalla Supermassive if it does at all. Supermassive with guitar is extraordinary and this sounds like it might be similar

• edited October 2020

Another way of replicating this effect is to load a simple, longer white noise "blob" with slow attack and decay into Thafnknar.
    Multiple overlaid tiny noise blobs will achieve a more grainy effect. AUM has mix buses so you can load multiple Thafknars into different buses and mix them for finer effect control.

• @YuriT Thanks! Glad you approve of the use I made of your cleverness!

@gkillmaster I have supermassive but I haven't really played with it much. I haven't really found a reverb that felt the same, I guess mainly because of the envelope shaping feature, the sound building up more slowly than it fades (on this preset at least). There is no attack to the note.