Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatMaker 3 Update 3.0.14

I just installed this:

But back in the App Store, i can only see Version 3.0.13, which is at least irritating.

Anyway, the Apps shows 3.0.14 so i was not dreaming 😅

Comments

• edited September 2020

I got very excited when I seen the BM3 update in my app updates thinking it could be v3.1 with iPhone support but no it’s just a minor update with the macros. It’s a good update anyway and good to see my favourite iOS app is still alive. Anyway I’ve updated to 3.0.14 and it’s good.

• So is this the update that thread was made about, or is there another update coming? Asking for a friend. Regardless, I'm going to update and check it out. Curious about this autosave change. Didn't know there was an autosave. Haven't seen it in use.

• edited September 2020

Nice to see an update. Like several things on that list. Number 1 hope is better stability though. But didn't I read somewhere that the next update was "all about midi". Another update coming?

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    So is this the update that thread was made about, or is there another update coming? Asking for a friend. Regardless, I'm going to update and check it out. Curious about this autosave change. Didn't know there was an autosave. Haven't seen it in use.

That's the update with more coming. The autosave is vastly improved.

• @hansjbs said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    So is this the update that thread was made about, or is there another update coming? Asking for a friend. Regardless, I'm going to update and check it out. Curious about this autosave change. Didn't know there was an autosave. Haven't seen it in use.

That's the update with more coming. The autosave is vastly improved.

Sweet!

• Good to see improvements coming.

• Most easily recreated crash, duplicate/undo, still there. Getting my hopes down for increased stability.

• edited September 2020

• @Geir said:
    Most easily recreated crash, duplicate/undo, still there. Getting my hopes down for increased stability.

Have you reported it with replicable steps? Because if they don't know about it they definitely won't fix it.

• Yes, i was surprised to see this update.

That increases the hope for further enhancements.

• Nice! The first two are some of my most desired changes :lol: Auto-save behavior is a good one too
    But the rest of the update brings some awesome things as well.

• @Geir said:
    Most easily recreated crash, duplicate/undo, still there. Getting my hopes down for increased stability.

Please give us more step by step info because I just tried duplicate undo many times and can't get it to crash at all

• One thing not mentioned in the release notes is that Elastique Pro has been updated to the latest version, which should improve the quality/efficiency of time stretching.

• @tk32 said:
    One thing not mentioned in the release notes is that Elastique Pro has been updated to the latest version, which should improve the quality/efficiency of time stretching.

Any chance that the automation value range bug was fixed/unmentioned?

• Anyone that gets a crash please give us as much info as possible. If you can do it in the Intua forum that would be dope. If not you can private message both myself or @tk32
    Thank you.

• @AudioGus said:

@tk32 said:
    One thing not mentioned in the release notes is that Elastique Pro has been updated to the latest version, which should improve the quality/efficiency of time stretching.

Any chance that the automation value range bug was fixed/unmentioned?

No. Automation start issue was fixed and not mentioned which tells you that automation is getting some love 😉

• @cian said:

@Geir said:

Have you reported it with replicable steps? Because if they don't know about it they definitely won't fix it.

It's a known bug. A crash I can work around because it is predictable. But still present. "Paste to song" a scene with patterns of different lengths. Then duplicate and undo in song view.
    It's the only thing I have tested so far to check if it was squashed. If other crashes are gone/far less I'm happy.

• Yes, the duplicate/undo is a pernicious bug.. and unfortunately still present for now.

Fortunately, it's an easy one to learn and avoid, and there is some hope for a couple of post-launch hotfixes too ;)

• I could try any steps that lead to a reproducable crash on iOS 12.4, iPadOS 14.0 and 14.0.1

• @tja said:
    I could try any steps that lead to a reproducable crash on iOS 12.4, iPadOS 14.0 and 14.0.1

How does it run on 14+?

• Re-order banks might be minor, but I’m so glad. That was really annoying!.
    Sampler “undo” is very welcome, too. About half an hour ago I pressed undo while editing slices and lost my sample, so yes, it’s useful.

• @tk32 said:
    Yes, the duplicate/undo is a pernicious bug.. and unfortunately still present for now.

Fortunately, it's an easy one to learn and avoid, and there is some hope for a couple of post-launch hotfixes too ;)

Weird I can't reproduce it and have what he mentioned.

Tom you seem to be familiar with this.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@tja said:
    I could try any steps that lead to a reproducable crash on iOS 12.4, iPadOS 14.0 and 14.0.1

How does it run on 14+?

I cannot tell, as i never use it 😅

But i can help to test crashes on those 3 iOS versions, if that helps.

• edited September 2020

@tja said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

@tja said:

How does it run on 14+?

I cannot tell, as i never use it 😅

But i can help to test crashes on those 3 iOS versions, if that helps.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

I so want to update but afraid of everything breaking. Though there have been many updates to apps for stability. Not sure when to hop in though.

• edited September 2020

Here’s an explanation of the duplicate/undo bug (which @Geir kindly reported in May 2020):
    If you lasso select a more than one pattern and use the duplicate command, then pressing Undo afterwards results in a hard crash.
    If you duplicate patterns one at a time, undo works fine. If you repeat multiple patterns then undo, it also works fine. It’s only when you use the duplicate command on a group of patterns simultaneously then undo.

I’ll remind the devs we are still waiting for a fix on this ;)

• Congrats on the new version!! Reorder banks is awesome. Good work 👏

• Actually, I can reproduce it even simpler than that. With only Bank A.
    New Session. Go into song view and double tap in bar 1 and bar 2 to insert pattern 1 in both. Select them both and duplicate and then undo.

• That being said, I really appreciate the update and continued development. Reorder tracks, macro lock. Great additions. BM3 deprecated my MPC.

• @Geir said:
    Actually, I can reproduce it even simpler than that. With only Bank A.
    New Session. Go into song view and double tap in bar 1 and bar 2 to insert pattern 1 in both. Select them both and duplicate and then undo.

Confirmed!

It seems to happen when identical patterns are used so if I add pattern 1 & 2 and do a duplicate undo works.
    If I add patten 1 or 2 twice and duplicate then undo it crashes...

• I will NOT start digging after more BM3 bugs it will just make me frustrated.

Tomorrow I'll do some sampling and see how it handles the sample duplication when doing edits and if it can finally overwrite and replace an existing sample...