Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spot the leak in this new BM3 video...

Comments

• It's locking good ;)

• Spotted it! The new Nose Pick sound pack is out! I've been waiting for that one.....

• @Dham said:
    Spotted it! The new Nose Pick sound pack is out! I've been waiting for that one.....

:D

• @Samu said:
    It's locking good ;)

:D

• edited September 2020

That is a sick addition! The location for those macro knobs and the X/Y pads are perfectly placed for live use.

• For us BM3 ignoramuses -- what did you spot that's new?

• @espiegel123 said:
    For us BM3 ignoramuses -- what did you spot that's new?

Don’t call yourself that. It’s the macro lock feature.

• In my opinion that’s not the best news from the beta ;)

• Not excited , but it’s ok , macro scenes and morph would be better

• Stability would be better

• @stormywaterz said:
    Stability would be better

+100

• edited September 2020

@stormywaterz said:

How would one show stability improvements in a promo/tutorial video?

• @stormywaterz said:

True, but let’s focus on macros first :wink:

• @tk32 said:

@stormywaterz said:

Was gonna ask the same question 😂😂😂

• edited September 2020

You guys don't even know if the app is not gonna be more stable. They showcase a feature. Tough crowd 😂😂😂. But I'm not surprised one bit.

• @WillieNegus said:
    People are still having stability issues with BM3? I use it everyday can’t remember the last time it crashed.

Would you believe it if I said it's even more ....nevermind 😂😂😂. Yep can't believe it's still not stable for some.

• edited September 2020

There are BM3 trolls lurking in these parts.

Fortunately, not everyone is so negatively-charged.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@tk32 said:
    There are BM3 trolls lurking in these parts.

So ... if someone has crashes in BM3 and dares to mention this, they're a troll?

Fortunately, not everyone is so negatively-charged.

Fortunately, not everyone is so defensive.

... but I get you. Every BM3 thread turning into a pile-on gets old fast. I'm optimistic that the update will continue to improve on stability.

• @tk32 said:

@stormywaterz said:

Single shot video, no cuts?
    With some planning it could even be done without adding length to the video.

I know my experience with BM3 isn’t the same as everyone else, but unexpected crashes are the main reason I don’t use it for much more than a sampler/soundboard. Macro improvements are nice, but relying on BM3 for a live performance is still a rather dicey endeavor to me.

Hopefully development continues though, it’s a very good app that seems forever on the verge of its greater potential.

• You sure like to seize on my comments with vim, Wim. :D

• edited September 2020

@3sleeves said:

@tk32 said:

@stormywaterz said:

I know my experience with BM3 isn’t the same as everyone else, but unexpected crashes are the main reason I don’t use it for much more than a sampler/soundboard. Macro improvements are nice, but relying on BM3 for a live performance is still a rather dicey endeavor to me.

Hopefully development continues though, it’s a very good app that seems forever on the verge of its greater potential.

The beta is very stable. It’s more stable than the current version. We put these betas through a lot when we test but unfortunately we can’t catch every crash. We always read forums and our own discord and try to reproduce these crashes. Some we can but most we can’t.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@tk32 said:
    You sure like to seize on my comments with vim, Wim. :D

I should use Vim. Maybe I'd post less. :D

• @hansjbs said:

@3sleeves said:

@tk32 said:

@stormywaterz said:

The beta is very stable. It’s more stable than the current version. We put these betas through a lot when we test but unfortunately we can’t catch every crash. We always read forums and our own discord and try to reproduce these crashes. Some we can but most we can’t.

That’s promising to hear, good to know it’s being put through its paces.
    Thanks for the reply!

• I suppose it's stable if I only use samples, but I often like to use many AUs and it just doesn't like it. If there was an auto save, the crashes wouldn't be so costly. I do look forward to it improving as I really like the UI, sampler and drum roll, but I lose creative juice when I fear it crashing and have to manually save after every addition.

• Trust us - nobody wants BM3 to be bulletproof-stable more than its diehard fans (of which I am)

But all we can do is test.. test.. test.. reproduce bugs... and report back to Intua. the rest is in their hands.

• edited September 2020

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    I suppose it's stable if I only use samples, but I often like to use many AUs and it just doesn't like it. If there was an auto save, the crashes wouldn't be so costly. I do look forward to it improving as I really like the UI, sampler and drum roll, but I lose creative juice when I fear it crashing and have to manually save after every addition.

I use a lot of AUs and AUFX In all my tracks.
    Which ones do you use that crashes BM3? We usually find using more than one instance of some apps (will not mention which ones to avoid certain things) crashes not only BM3 but others as well.

• @WillieNegus said:
    People are still having stability issues with BM3? I use it everyday can’t remember the last time it crashed.

I find it pretty stable, too. I go weeks without crashes.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    I suppose it's stable if I only use samples, but I often like to use many AUs and it just doesn't like it. If there was an auto save, the crashes wouldn't be so costly. I do look forward to it improving as I really like the UI, sampler and drum roll, but I lose creative juice when I fear it crashing and have to manually save after every addition.

It is important to make note of which AUs. The devs can't really investigate. I hear a lot of people say "it isn't stable with AUs". But it seems to matter a lot which AUs you are using.

• edited September 2020

I go months without crashes on a gen2 10.5 pro.

But then again, I wonder if I've learnt habits and workflows that minimise risk.

Ditching IAA and flaky AUv3s helps a lot!

• edited September 2020

@wim said:

@tk32 said:
    You sure like to seize on my comments with vim, Wim. :D

I should use Vim. Maybe I'd post less. :D

You'd end up trying to figure out to integrate Vim keybindings in every text entry app you use and proselytizing about how awesome Vim is and emacs just leads to contortion injuries.