Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RRS Bass Enhancer

I summon the oracle once again. Is anyone using the RRS Bass Enhancer AUv3? It’s incredible, blows knorr out of the water and really gives great body and punch to bass tracks. I paid to unlock so I’m not using the free version. The problem im having is that it is not state saving in AUV3. For example, I used the “medium” preset on one song and the “aggressive” present on another song in Beatmaker 3. I save the songs in beatmaker 3 and when I reopen the song, RRS Bass Enhancer has reset to “user preset” and the preset I selected is not affecting the song so I have to choose it again. How do I state save the preset I want so it doesn’t default back to user preset every time I reopen the song? Any ideas on how to correct this? I also don’t want it to export under the user preset which is transparent from what I can tell.

Comments

• Any chance you're on iOS 14? I think it's still to be fixed, common issue across various hosts/plugins...

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Any chance you're on iOS 14? I think it's still to be fixed, common issue across various hosts/plugins...

Yes.
    iOS 14 is the cause of this problem.

RRS Bass Enhancer worked properly before updating to iOS 14.

• I’ll double check in the morning, but I’m pretty sure I haven’t updated to 14 yet.

• I use it inside AUM.
    All user presets worked fine before iOS 14.

A few other apps also have this same problem now, but not all of them for some reason.

Factory presets work though.

• @0tolerance4silence @jolico just checked, I’m on 13.7 went back to the song and it’s on “user preset” again. Is there a save button I’m missing?

• Can't comment on Bass Enhancer, but the rest of the plugins I own from the same dev work fine here on iOS 13.7
    Are you sure the saved state isn't restored properly and not just the name of the preset?
    (Because that's a common issue as well with many plugins - meaning, the plugin will load saved state correctly, but show default preset name)

• Just double checked in AUM. It does restore saved state but the preset name always defaults back to "user preset". Only problem if you rely heavily on presets, in which case it would make sense to let the dev know about the issue.
    I'm almost 100% sure it's due to recent change in AU preset handling - presets saved in host vs saved in plugin - not being implemented properly or at all.

• @0tolerance4silence I think you may be right, just the name is changing. I was listening through my iPad speaker so I couldn’t tell the difference and was focused on the preset name defaulting. Took your advice and wrote the dev. On another note, how sick is this $5 plug? Takes average 808 samples and makes them huge. Really like it. Was looking for something like the Sausage Fattener plugin on desktop and found it in this cheap iOS alternative. Thanks for your help.