Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sinking Slowly (2020 version)

This is a song I wrote back in 2015 in the early days of the Song Of The Month Club. I've re-recorded the vocals for this version and redone the mix. The track was composed in Gadget and vocal tracking and mixing were done in Auria.

Comments

• Reminds me of the slower Yello songs. Great work!

• yeah, sounds great, richardyot, good separation in the soundstage and very transparent

(maybe a tad too much in the low departments, but other than that, just great)

• Thanks for the feedback, I'll have another check of the low-end. 👍

• it's just some of the bass notes that seemed to pop out a bit muddy in my speakers, no biggie

main impression is you're getting really good at this, investment of time and persistance seem to pay off

• @cabo said:
    it's just some of the bass notes that seemed to pop out a bit muddy in my speakers, no biggie

main impression is you're getting really good at this, investment of time and persistance seem to pay off

Thanks! It's been five and a half years of writing at least one song every month. They're certainly a lot better now than they were at the start 🙀

• @richardyot good (and inspiring) experiment. I found the first verse etc maybe a bit unfocused/overly bassy, but I love LOVE the chorus and realize that what's happening is that I'm holding the rest of the song to the level of the chorus which is typical and unfair etc :)

Did you do this on a whim or have you been calibrating your back catalog? A one off or will you do more of this re-visiting?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @richardyot good (and inspiring) experiment. I found the first verse etc maybe a bit unfocused/overly bassy, but I love LOVE the chorus and realize that what's happening is that I'm holding the rest of the song to the level of the chorus which is typical and unfair etc :)

Did you do this on a whim or have you been calibrating your back catalog? A one off or will you do more of this re-visiting?

Thanks! I do occasionally re-visit old stuff, the only drawback is that there is so much of it that it's actually quite time-consuming listening to it all.

I try and cull as much as possible when I release my annual album, and just select the best stuff, but it's funny how what I thought was the "best" two years ago actually sounds terrible now. Conversely when I was going through some old tracks and stumbled on this it seemed to be much better than I remembered. Being able to actually assess my own work is difficult on the constantly shifting sands of my own perceptions of it.

What I liked about this one was the melodic instrumental between the verse and the chorus, as well as the overall atmosphere.

• Nice! Sounds great!

• This is great! Love the vibe, very warm sounding. Great choice of sounds and mix, vocals also sound great. Nice light and shade.

Love the drum patterns, the piano riff is very cool too.

You should be proud of this one mate.

• @richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @richardyot good (and inspiring) experiment. I found the first verse etc maybe a bit unfocused/overly bassy, but I love LOVE the chorus and realize that what's happening is that I'm holding the rest of the song to the level of the chorus which is typical and unfair etc :)

Thanks! I do occasionally re-visit old stuff, the only drawback is that there is so much of it that it's actually quite time-consuming listening to it all.

I try and cull as much as possible when I release my annual album, and just select the best stuff, but it's funny how what I thought was the "best" two years ago actually sounds terrible now. Conversely when I was going through some old tracks and stumbled on this it seemed to be much better than I remembered. Being able to actually assess my own work is difficult on the constantly shifting sands of my own perceptions of it.

What I liked about this one was the melodic instrumental between the verse and the chorus, as well as the overall atmosphere.

Absolutely on the difficulty of self-assessment. But I DO love finding stuff in the pile that I hadn't valued as much then as I do now :)

As regards this piece again, the chorus is commercial grade; steal it, borrow it, polish it, use it etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    As regards this piece again, the chorus is commercial grade; steal it, borrow it, polish it, use it etc.

Thanks!

• Already commented on this track in the song of the month club thread so you know all the good I think about it.
    But once again, your work is outstanding. First, because of the consistency in your sound esthetic and songwriting. And second (and most importantly) because of your voice which is instantly recognisable.