Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OCD

2»

Comments

• If you did and I dont and others dont. Do not fret for thee could be an electronic Angel.

• @sigma79 said:
    Cheers wim. Apart from iaa needing seperate saves. Will an aum session save auv3 presets if I save presets only via aum session?

I'm not sure I understand. If you save an AUM session, when you open it again, the app should be in the same state it was in when you saved the session. But that's not the same as saving a preset. Let's say you load a preset then you make some changes but don't save the preset. The AUM session will restore the app to where it was, but if you reload that app preset, it won't have your changes in it.

• @wim said:

@sigma79 said:
    Cheers wim. Apart from iaa needing seperate saves. Will an aum session save auv3 presets if I save presets only via aum session?

I'm not sure I understand. If you save an AUM session, when you open it again, the app should be in the same state it was in when you saved the session. But that's not the same as saving a preset. Let's say you load a preset then you make some changes but don't save the preset. The AUM session will restore the app to where it was, but if you reload that app preset, it won't have your changes in it.

Unless you save another session? Which not be ideal if you just started to make presets without other channels but if to build presets. You would only be saving maybe additional effects.

Not sure whether to save presets in app, then backup apps but also AUM sessions ( even if they were presets but with effects )

What about a first save of the app. If the first backup only saved via AUM. Do you think theres any code required from the apps itself, needed from a direct initial save. I doubt it because it would be seperate folder.

• I usually just save via AUM, when a synth sounds better but have also saved via app just to be sure. Probably worth saving via app also.

• edited September 2020

yep worked on my burner ipad (full wipe restore), so seems its only for complete restore/switching device.
    Edit; oops sry see you guy's already discussed this heh ahwell @wim is right (again) B) :#
    btw i always do 3 backups of good stuff, Local , cloud and desktop