Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi controller Poll: I need your help (Poll for a future purshase)!

Hi! They are "impulsive buyer" and they are me, the opposite. I sometimes can research during months for a 200$ purshase. I'm sick, I know. I need a small midi controller. 37 keys max. If you want to help me, just participate to the poll.

I hesitate between 2 choices (see the poll).

What I need:

-Good keybed (always appreciate, I can't stand the keybed on the Akai mini if you want a reference)
- Small (37 keys max)
- Pads are a plus but not mandatory
- Arp and scale mode are a plus
- Built quality is important
- IOS compatibility is mandatory
- If I can power the midi controller with my iPad it's a plus

I think I will prefer the Novation, but I'm afraid to dislike the keybed.

I will buy it tomorrow, according to your answer. I trust you guys.

Thank you!

Which midi controller should I buy?
  1. Which midi controller should I buy?4 votes
    1. Novation Launchkey MK3 37 keys
      75.00%
    2. Native Instrument Komplete Kontrol A25
      25.00%

Comments

• I have Korg nanokey studio and I really like it. It has pretty much everything you listed. Only draw back for me is the keys are non traditional, but it gets the job done. I just noticed you mentioned the importance of the keys so, maybe not for you.

• edited August 2020

@Poppadocrock said:
    I have Korg nanokey studio and I really like it. It has pretty much everything you listed. Only draw back for me is the keys are non traditional, but it gets the job done. I just noticed you mentioned the importance of the keys so, maybe not for you.

Hi Poppadocrock,

It's a very good suggestion, but, as you already said, the non-tradionnal keys are not for me. It's sad because I really like the Korg. The pad like the Kaoss pad is a major plus for me. But hey, you can't always have all you want. Thanks for your suggesion.

• True. I’m only a beginner piano player plus I have a large midi keyboard so it fit well for me.

• edited August 2020

@Montreal_Music Have you ever played an Arturia Keystep?
    I usually hate mini keys but these play really well.
    If it's not too large for you then also check out the Keystep Pro with its much improved built-in sequencer and rather good MIDI control.
    It can make an iOS app feel more like a groove box.
    Unfortunately, the firmware still seems to be a little buggy and the last update was released two months ago...

If you're totally stuck to the two you mentioned then definitely the 37 key product, 25 keys are never enough.

• I bought the Novation. Will see. Anyone knows what is this thing?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    I bought the Novation. Will see. Anyone knows what is this thing?

Its a Kensington Lock. A bit like when you lock your bike to a lamppost.

• @Jocphone said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    I bought the Novation. Will see. Anyone knows what is this thing?

Its a Kensington Lock. A bit like when you lock your bike to a lamppost.

Thanks! Quick video for those who wants to know how it work.

• Hi,
    In the editor software of the LK3 I can see a Global Channel for setting the pots and in the manual I can find a Keys Channel. Are they identical?
    In order to use the LK with software other than Ableton (say AUM on an iPad) it would be great to change the MIDI send channel for both keys and pots and pads at the same tme by pressing Settings and the respective pad. Is this possible?
    Thank you!